Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
ShiftyFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,617
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
They might worship them as some sort of foreign beauty, although I doubt Asian people think they are an inferior race to whites.
they don't need to feel inferior but white domination is clear, we can see it in majority of sports, job positions held at top level, religion and in other stuff
ShiftyFella is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,205
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
It's not less than an issue outside of the States. It's only less talked about and being swept under the carpet (especially in Europe).
What do you mean "not sure how white supremacy argument is relevant in Asia"?
It's a huge problem in Asia.
Well, I personally don't see how a non-white race of people, Asians, believe themselves to be inferior to white people. You're welcome to disagree with me on that as I'm not Asian.
However, I am European, and while there are a lot of white supremacists they are NOT anywhere near the same number as in the US. IMO it's the US that has a hard time gettin their head around the fact that the main social issues in EU differ from those in the US.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
post #183 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Mistress of Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,911
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
And by being a blonde white woman.
Lets not forget the privilege that has afforded her.

Obviously that played a part in the scope of her success. However, by putting it the way you did you are discrediting all her effort and individual sacrifices. Excuse me if I am interpreting your words not in the way you meant them but basically from what I gather your argument is: 'She is white & blonde everything was given to her on a silver plate.' In order for her to have taken advantage of the white supremacy she needed to put herself in that position and I sincerely doubt that it was that easy.
Mistress of Evil is offline  
post #184 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
 
WowWow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,001
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Well, I personally don't see how a non-white race of people, Asians, believe themselves to be inferior to white people. You're welcome to disagree with me on that as I'm not Asian.
However, I am European, and while there are a lot of white supremacists they are NOT anywhere near the same number as in the US. IMO it's the US that has a hard time gettin their head around the fact that the main social issues in EU differ from those in the US.
That is also true. But at the same time, not the whole Europe has the same set of issues.
I think you'll agree that Western and Eastern Europe are still night and day when it comes to certain issues.
Also, if you're British, I think the term 'Asian' refers to Indians and Pakistanis predominantly, while the US term refers to South East Asians, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, mostly.

Do no harm, but take no shit.
WowWow is offline  
post #185 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
faboozadoo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: united states
Posts: 22,395
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Nothing I have stated has been theoretical, these are facts about the way the world works. You are obviously a vacuous, stupid, privileged (likely Southern?) queen who never takes a second to consider any perspective other than his own. Your responses to me in this thread make that evident. The only hole thats been poked in is the space in your skull where your brain should be.
EVERYTHING you have said has been theoretical. Saying white blonde women are given a lot of financial and social benefits without backing it up in any meaningful way, makes it your personal theory.

I'm not going to get into the personal insults against you. Plenty of other posters have shown you the door.
faboozadoo15 is offline  
post #186 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:37 AM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,275
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
No. However white supremacy in Eastern Europe is substantially lower than in the US. I'm not denying that when she won that Wimbledon final the largely white supremacist media in US hyped her up as the next great white champion. However, Maria didn't buy into it. She took her deals from Europe and Asia.
That would explain years of her Canon Powershot commercials on Chicago television.

chanda venus (7) serena (22) ana (1) vera na (2) domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is offline  
post #187 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:50 AM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post

Obviously that played a part in the scope of her success. However, by putting it the way you did you are discrediting all her effort and individual sacrifices. Excuse me if I am interpreting your words not in the way you meant them but basically from what I gather your argument is: 'She is white & blonde everything was given to her on a silver plate.' In order for her to have taken advantage of the white supremacy she needed to put herself in that position and I sincerely doubt that it was that easy.
Nope, I'm not saying that Maria doesn't work hard, she is an elite tennis player after all. She deserves to be rich and successful. All I'm saying is that her privilege played a key role her becoming as successful as sheis.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #188 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,205
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
That is also true. But at the same time, not the whole Europe has the same set of issues.
I think you'll agree that Western and Eastern Europe are still night and day when it comes to certain issues.
Also, if you're British, I think the term 'Asian' refers to Indians and Pakistanis predominantly, while the US term refers to South East Asians, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, mostly.
I was taking about the latter group of countries. I mean we can agree to disagree. I'm not so ignorant as to think Maria isn't favoured by white supremacists, I just don't think she's exploited that or donned that image. IDK if it's a deliberate decision on her part, she had a rough time from the US girls when she first moved there. I doubt she has much time for white supremacist snobs.

To the poster mentioning her canon commercial, I said most not all endorsements.

Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline  
post #189 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Honestly LBV I know you feel strongly about this issue but you act like Serena earns nothing which is far from the case. Your experience is from American culture and the vast majority of all of Maria's endorsements are promoted mostly OUTSIDE of the US, all of Serena's are promoted mainly in the US. Your economy arguments are pretty much void, for large companies it's about the money not skin colour. You want to tap into a product predominantly bought by coloured people, you get Serena Williams. And it's also interesting that Serena has never taken advantage of this, let's not pretend she wouldn't have gotten offers.

Also, your social argument . Maria came from the gutter, as did Serena but realistically the gutter in Eastern Europe is worse than the gutter in US, but that's a different issue. Maria's background offers her no social advantage. You're talking about American culture which isn't relevant to this discussion.
Serena didn't come from the gutter atall Her dad was the owner of a wealthy business, and Serena and Venus went to private school. She and Venus were being offered wildcards into American tournaments from the age of 14 - advantages that weren't on offer to players like Maria, seeing as there's far fewer WTA tournaments in Russia than the USA. Trying to claim Maria had an easier path into the sport than Serena is farcical
dsanders06 is offline  
post #190 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:18 AM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,275
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Serena didn't come from the gutter atall Her dad was the owner of a wealthy business, and Serena and Venus went to private school. She and Venus were being offered wildcards into American tournaments from the age of 14 - advantages that weren't on offer to players like Maria, seeing as there's far fewer WTA tournaments in Russia than the USA. Trying to claim Maria had an easier path into the sport than Serena is farcical
Yup, everyone knows Compton, CA as a mecca for wealthy businessmen. You lie worse than Romney.

chanda venus (7) serena (22) ana (1) vera na (2) domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is offline  
post #191 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

I'm confused, are you denying that Richard owned a highly-profitable business? That's a matter of record.

And please, they lived in Compton for barely a few years They were born in a more middle-class area, and moved to a middle-class area after staying there for a short time. He probably only moved the family there in the first place to give Serena and Venus a more elaborate rags-to-riches back-story to market to sponsors - I'll say this for him, he's obviously business-savvy (another advantage that most budding tennis players don't have, which LBV will no doubt gloss over).
dsanders06 is offline  
post #192 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 02:13 AM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,275
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm confused, are you denying that Richard owned a highly-profitable business? That's a matter of record.

And please, they lived in Compton for barely a few years They were born in a more middle-class area, and moved to a middle-class area after staying there for a short time. He probably only moved the family there in the first place to give Serena and Venus a more elaborate rags-to-riches back-story to market to sponsors - I'll say this for him, he's obviously business-savvy (another advantage that most budding tennis players don't have, which LBV will no doubt gloss over).
Provide the record, then. As for their education, being home-schooled is not the same as attending private school. Explain your motivation for lying outta your ass?

chanda venus (7) serena (22) ana (1) vera na (2) domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is offline  
post #193 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Provide the record, then. As for their education, being home-schooled is not the same as attending private school.
Serena's own words:

Quote:
Q. What's the name of the school you graduated from?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It was a private school, Driftwood Academy, in Florida. A private school.
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=22306

Google "Richard Williams tennis ran security firm" for a multitude of links confirming he owned a business.

"You lie more than Mitt Romney".
dsanders06 is offline  
post #194 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 02:26 AM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,275
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Serena's own words:



http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=22306

Google "Richard Williams tennis ran security firm" for a multitude of links of how he owned a business.

"You lie more than Mitt Romney".
Driftwood Academy is a high school and Compton isn't in Florida. They were both pros before enrolling, so their father's non-existent business wealth wasn't paying their tuition. Again, prior to high school both were home-schooled by their mother.

Plenty of people run businesses who/that aren't "wealthy." What is that supposed to prove? And screw google, give me links.

Yes, "You lie more than Mitt Romney".

chanda venus (7) serena (22) ana (1) vera na (2) domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is offline  
post #195 of 408 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Driftwood Academy is a high school and Compton isn't in Florida. They were both pros before enrolling, so their father's non-existent business wealth wasn't paying their tuition. Again, prior to high school both were home-schooled by their mother.

Yes, "You lie more than Mitt Romney".
I'm sorry, are you saying Serena herself is lying when she says she went to a private school?

And I know Compton isn't in Florida. Thank you for drawing attention to the fact that they only lived in Compton for a couple of years, as I said before.

Last edited by dsanders06; Oct 25th, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
dsanders06 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome