2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC) - Page 177 - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2641 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
ivanban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 16,708
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
Nike's outfits this year: Simple, plain and bland
AKA what vast majority of people wear/buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji Shuriken View Post
WAIIIITTTT...Queenus BITCH!!!! She looks great and she seems excited. BITCHHHHHH...slay my pussy
ivanban is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2642 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
J.Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,801
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

So what are they wearing for the YEC?
J.Bravo is offline  
post #2643 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
MarkNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13,366
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
AKA what vast majority of people wear/buy
True, but I like the pro's outfits to be a little more creative

Play my new Sporcle Quiz!
Junior Girls Top 100 21.12.15:http://www.sporcle.com/games/MarkNL/...-girls-top-100
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Date-Krumm - Hibino - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - De Vroome - Kerkhove - Burger - Doi - Larsson - Lertcheewakarn - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline  
post #2644 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Richie's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nice
Posts: 13,553
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Why people don't like Nike's outfits? OK, they aren't their best but at least something different from last years' collections. It's a nice change. All companies suck in colors combination.

TINA MAZE
THE ONLY ONE
Richie's is offline  
post #2645 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
MarkNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13,366
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

I liked Adidas this year They had nice colour combo's imo. Especially the fall line.

McCartney was a bit up and down, some designs were great (Caro AO dress for example) but others were terrible...

Play my new Sporcle Quiz!
Junior Girls Top 100 21.12.15:http://www.sporcle.com/games/MarkNL/...-girls-top-100
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Date-Krumm - Hibino - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - De Vroome - Kerkhove - Burger - Doi - Larsson - Lertcheewakarn - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline  
post #2646 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
BoomBoomLisicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 586
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

I've liked the outfits Nike have given Sabine all year but I'd prefer if she was with adidas

SABINE LISICKI

Wimbledon Ladies Finalist 2013

EugenieBouchard.AnaIvanovic.LauraRobson.KristinaMladenovic.BelindaBencic

NeverStopSmiling
BoomBoomLisicki is offline  
post #2647 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Senior Member
 
djb84xi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,047
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
Why people don't like Nike's outfits? OK, they aren't their best but at least something different from last years' collections. It's a nice change. All companies suck in colors combination.
Thing is, every year the clothing will vary, no matter what brand or collection it is. There are a few Nike outfits that looked great this year (i.e.: Serena's Navy Blue French Open dress), but outside of that and a few others, Nike has just become too bland. There's no real spark or creativity. As I've said before, they have way too much money and resources to just come up with a bunch of "blah" designs for their superstar players, especially Vika. She's the player I feel the most sorry for, because the majority of things I've seen her wear the last couple of years, made her look rather ridiculous. Another example is Li Na. She does not need to wear polo tops all the time. It wouldn't hurt Nike to actually put her in a dress occasionally. She'll look great in one, I'm very sure. Even with Serena, they could always spice up her outfits even more. Just because she's 32, doesn't mean she couldn't rock something like that denim outfit she had from several years ago either. So yeah, Nike isn't the worse, far from it, but they can do way better than what I've seen the last couple of years.
djb84xi is offline  
post #2648 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Lloy4dAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 686
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

when will we see 2014 ao outfits?

Laura RobsonWelcome back babe
================================================== ================================================== ================
Maria Sharapova Quentin Halys Cici Bellis
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline  
post #2649 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,928
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb84xi View Post
As I've said before, they have way too much money and resources to just come up with a bunch of "blah" designs for their superstar players, especially Vika. She's the player I feel the most sorry for, because the majority of things I've seen her wear the last couple of years, made her look rather ridiculous.
The problem with Vika (I've heard from sources at Nike) is that they say she doesn't care about what she wears, and that she's too nice to ask for anything else. I mean Meilin should've put a stop to ALOT of the outfits she wore this year. Serena, and Maria are more vocal about what they want to wear. I think Serena put a stop to that potato sack outfit (which I thought I liked) and didn't wear it for the US Open Series.

Victoria Azarenka.
Serena Williams. Maria Sharapova.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Bouchard. Halep. Muguruza.
Venus. Stephens. Cornet. Hampton. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline  
post #2650 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,142
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb84xi View Post
Thing is, every year the clothing will vary, no matter what brand or collection it is. There are a few Nike outfits that looked great this year (i.e.: Serena's Navy Blue French Open dress), but outside of that and a few others, Nike has just become too bland. There's no real spark or creativity. As I've said before, they have way too much money and resources to just come up with a bunch of "blah" designs for their superstar players, especially Vika. She's the player I feel the most sorry for, because the majority of things I've seen her wear the last couple of years, made her look rather ridiculous. Another example is Li Na. She does not need to wear polo tops all the time. It wouldn't hurt Nike to actually put her in a dress occasionally. She'll look great in one, I'm very sure. Even with Serena, they could always spice up her outfits even more. Just because she's 32, doesn't mean she couldn't rock something like that denim outfit she had from several years ago either. So yeah, Nike isn't the worse, far from it, but they can do way better than what I've seen the last couple of years.
Thing is, she has to have sleeves for her sponsors.

04 06 08 12 14
AnnieIWillKnow is offline  
post #2651 of 2651 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Kookie Supporter
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 63,859
                     
Re: 2013 Outfits thread (Asian Swing and YEC)

Discussion can continue here:

2014 Outfits Thread! - US Open Series
James is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome