Where does Azarenka go from here? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,154
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
who jumped on whose bandwaggon acting like once you like serena you can't like anyone else...like we need someone else to "handle" martha
I wouldn't call it a bandwaggon. But it could be that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Although the rivalry between Serena and Masha is a joke, the war between their fanbases is at its peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,492
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I wouldn't call it a bandwaggon. But it could be that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Although the rivalry between Serena and Masha is a joke, the war between their fanbases is at its peak.
well i know that logic but it also makes it seem like serena fans CAN'T like anyone else, when we all have faves after serena who vary from the cream of the crop like Vika to...well...Mattek Sands

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #138 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,154
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
well i know that logic but it also makes it seem like serena fans CAN'T like anyone else, when we all have faves after serena who vary from the cream of the crop like Vika to...well...Mattek Sands
Or Ana? At least in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #139 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,362
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I wouldn't call it a bandwaggon. But it could be that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. Although the rivalry between Serena and Masha is a joke, the war between their fanbases is at its peak.
Thank you but like I said we don't mind them. I certainly don't.
doomsday is offline  
post #140 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,492
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Or Ana? At least in the past.
some of us like Ana....not her brain at the moment

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #141 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Galsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 1329 Prescott Street.
Posts: 7,807
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Matches in Wimbledon/on grass will most likely always be on Serena's racket because if she's playing at her best there's currently no player who has a chance to win two sets against her. However, even in these match-ups upsets are possible, mostly when the favorite isn't playing at her best. Who knows how close this year's Wimbledon final would have been if Serena had faced Vika instead of Aga and she would have had the same loss of concentration in the middle of the match? Or what if Shvedova or Zheng would have pulled the upset early in the tournament? Vika would have had much better chances of reaching the final - facing Aga there. Just speculation, I know, but I think it shows that it's really not highly unlikely that Vika will have her chances of winning Wimbledon in the future.
No Offense but That's pretty much the USO final to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
Beyoncé is happily married and is able to make her husband's nut flourish in her pussy. When will Rihanna?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
That old ass pic is from 2006, the water from the swimming it took Rihanna to rally the US from Barbados had just dried. You tried.
Galsen is offline  
post #142 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,922
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galsen View Post
No Offense but That's pretty much the USO final to me..
Well, in that case it would strengthen my point of Vika having a chance to claim the Wimbledon title one day. However, it's still different surfaces and thus not fully comparable imo.
Natural Joe is offline  
post #143 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Galsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 1329 Prescott Street.
Posts: 7,807
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Well, in that case it would strengthen my point of Vika having a chance to claim the Wimbledon title one day. However, it's still different surfaces and thus not fully comparable imo.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you about Vika but Serena with 60UEs in a slam final, even Errani would have had a chance. (Sorry Errani fans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
Beyoncé is happily married and is able to make her husband's nut flourish in her pussy. When will Rihanna?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
That old ass pic is from 2006, the water from the swimming it took Rihanna to rally the US from Barbados had just dried. You tried.
Galsen is offline  
post #144 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,154
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galsen View Post
Don't get me wrong I agree with you about Vika but Serena with 60UEs in a slam final, even Errani would have had a chance. (Sorry Errani fans).
Probably. She had some lapses in both slam finals this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #145 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,922
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galsen View Post
Don't get me wrong I agree with you about Vika but Serena with 60UEs in a slam final, even Errani would have had a chance. (Sorry Errani fans).
So what's your point? The important part is that Serena usually doesn't play in God-mode when she's competing in slam finals (taking into account her last three finals) and that hence opponents DO have a chance to beat her (Sam last year, Vika this year, Aga at least won a set which is way more than most people expected even if it cannot be considered a serious chance of winning).
Natural Joe is offline  
post #146 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Galsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 1329 Prescott Street.
Posts: 7,807
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
So what's your point? The important part is that Serena usually doesn't play in God-mode when she's competing in slam finals (taking into account her last three finals) and that hence opponents DO have a chance to beat her (Sam last year, Vika this year, Aga at least won a set which is way more than most people expected even if it cannot be considered a serious chance of winning).
Yeah you're right. All of this had nothing to do with the fact that she was coming back from 1 year off due to injury.
I responded this to a poster because he said what would have happened if it was Azarenka at Wimbledon, that's pretty much it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
Beyoncé is happily married and is able to make her husband's nut flourish in her pussy. When will Rihanna?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Knowles View Post
That old ass pic is from 2006, the water from the swimming it took Rihanna to rally the US from Barbados had just dried. You tried.
Galsen is offline  
post #147 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,922
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galsen View Post
Yeah you're right. All of this had nothing to do with the fact that she was coming back from 1 year off due to injury.
I responded this to a poster because he said what would have happened if it was Azarenka at Wimbledon, that's pretty much it.
Yeah, because despite only losing a total of 20 games to reach the USO final and in spite of her outstanding serving throughout the whole tournament at Wimbledon and the way she destroyed the field at the Olympics only one month later it had to be because of her injury that she's lost concentration in both finals this year.

Anyway, I think we have made our points.
Natural Joe is offline  
post #148 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
V-I-K-A
 
Temperenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: -
Posts: 11,080
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Vika >>>> Ana

Just for the record.
Temperenka is offline  
post #149 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,182
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Vika >>>> Ana

Just for the record.
What does that have to do with anything? I mean I agree but...
Brad[le]y. is offline  
post #150 of 158 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
V-I-K-A
 
Temperenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: -
Posts: 11,080
                     
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
What does that have to do with anything? I mean I agree but...
People seemed to be disussing it earlier in the thread. I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Plus, I will never miss an opportunity to point out how overrated Ana is.
Temperenka is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome