Why does Vika hate Maria so much? - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #256 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Quest for Infamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,740
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
I agree with you that there are a lot of other factors involved. I'm just saying that to beat Azarenka on hardcourts, in her current form, she needs to have a 'good day' similar to that when she played Kerber - low unforced errors, painting lines, hitting with consistent depth. She knows it, Thomas evidently told her to go and try and hit through Azarenka. It's a low percentage, high-risk gameplan with potential reward - that's just the fact of the matter at the moment. Wouldn't have always been the case but it's 2012....
So basically she has to go for Gajdosova-like "spray and pray" brainless ballbashing rather than try to develop a game(plan) that could give her a higher probability of success vs Azarenka?

Is that really how great players should approach their matches?
Quest for Infamy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #257 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Lachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,108
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
So basically she has to go for Gajdosova-like "spray and pray" brainless ballbashing rather than try to develop a game(plan) that could give her a higher probability of success vs Azarenka?

Is that really how great players should approach their matches?
Gajdosova-like is an exaggeration if ever there were one, both are entirely different calibers of players.

It certainly seems as though, after watching their past matches, that Maria's gameplan against Azarenka on hardcourts is to try and hit through her. I don't think Maria can out-rally her at the moment, nor do I think she should try. I think on clay her weight and depth of shot is superior - that was evident in Stuttgart.

It's also a legitimate tactic and I think to an extent the right one on this surface. As I have said heaps of times before, it's high risk, high reward but incredibly low percentage. There will be times that it will work.

BIGBROTHER TF!
CLICK HERE!

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline  
post #258 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
JN
Senior Member
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity, mayne
Posts: 28,311
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Wow this is such a sad display for some Maria fans.
It makes me laugh when posters like you act like they're so above it all.

chanda · venus (7) · serena (22) · ana (1) · vera · na (2) · domi

Obama Derangement Syndrome is one of many Scourges Destroying Society.
Have pity for and hug the tormented, today.
JN is offline  
post #259 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
SilverSlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9,441
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Omg have you guys no lives at all? This thread has been jumping in page numbers with every visit to this place. Vika doesn't hate Maria.

Case-fricken-closed. Go try and feed off some other fictitious shit that you all want to be so desperately true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline  
post #260 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,942
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
Omg have you guys no lives at all? This thread has been jumping in page numbers with every visit to this place. Vika doesn't hate Maria.

Case-fricken-closed. Go try and feed off some other fictitious shit that you all want to be so desperately true.
Tell that to your Pova mates. They are the only ones keep bumping this thread.
Halepsova is offline  
post #261 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
SilverSlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9,441
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
Tell that to your Pova mates. They are the only ones keep bumping this thread.
I don't care who's bumping it, the fact is, it's not like one person is having a conversation with themselves...and don't act like every fan base is always 100% agreeing with everything that one or two people are saying.

Seriously.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline  
post #262 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Quest for Infamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,740
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Gajdosova-like is an exaggeration if ever there were one, both are entirely different calibers of players.

It certainly seems as though, after watching their past matches, that Maria's gameplan against Azarenka on hardcourts is to try and hit through her. I don't think Maria can out-rally her at the moment, nor do I think she should try. I think on clay her weight and depth of shot is superior - that was evident in Stuttgart.

It's also a legitimate tactic and I think to an extent the right one on this surface. As I have said heaps of times before, it's high risk, high reward but incredibly low percentage. There will be times that it will work.
There's nothing "high reward" about low percentage tennis. You don't get 10 points for hitting a winner on the line. If anything since that kind of tennis supposedly only allows her to win extremely rarely, it's a low reward tennis since she'll win very few finals against Azarenka (and therefore very few titles) if she doesn't change something in this match-up.

Unless, of course, she wants to be remembered as that girl who was banging at the doors very often but rarely* got in, so to speak.

*and never in Miami
Quest for Infamy is offline  
post #263 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Lachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,108
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
There's nothing "high reward" about low percentage tennis. You don't get 10 points for hitting a winner on the line. If anything since that kind of tennis supposedly only allows her to win extremely rarely, it's a low reward tennis since she'll win very few finals against Azarenka (and therefore very few titles) if she doesn't change something in this match-up.

Unless, of course, she wants to be remembered as that girl who was banging at the doors very often but rarely* got in, so to speak.

*and never in Miami
What are you suggesting then? I don't see the problem with going for the lines and trying to play more aggressive in this match-up. It's not like she is/has been trying to hit ridiculous winners from all parts of the court. However, when there is the slightest glimpse of a shorter ball, it needs to be put away. Against others she can afford to place the ball and maneuver them around - in this match-up at the moment...not so much.

BIGBROTHER TF!
CLICK HERE!

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline  
post #264 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,680
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
It makes me laugh when posters like you act like they're so above it all.
He is right. Maria and Vika fans are not good enough to troll GM.
Serena/Venus/Henin fanwars were funnier and much better. AcesHigh used to be involved in these fanwars. We were an almighty team

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
post #265 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,922
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

"such a great battle against such a champion! this is what i wake up every morning for…thanks for the support #NYC #USOpen"

Vika after her victory over Maria at the USO.
Natural Joe is offline  
post #266 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I wish Pova would lose more often.

LEGEND. Nicole. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline  
post #267 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,336
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I hope Pova would lose more often.
Careful, he might crack after the next one.
Jane Lane is offline  
post #268 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Lachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,108
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I wish Pova would lose more often.
I'm glad they help but hopefully you have other things in your day to look forward to

BIGBROTHER TF!
CLICK HERE!

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline  
post #269 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Quest for Infamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,740
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
What are you suggesting then? I don't see the problem with going for the lines and trying to play more aggressive in this match-up. It's not like she is/has been trying to hit ridiculous winners from all parts of the court. However, when there is the slightest glimpse of a shorter ball, it needs to be put away. Against others she can afford to place the ball and maneuver them around - in this match-up at the moment...not so much.
I don't know, try to finish the points at the net? Ballbashing from the baseline is clearly not working, so she should try something else.
Quest for Infamy is offline  
post #270 of 276 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MrProdigy555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,953
                     
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Sharapova is not a tactical player,though. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
I am THE original asshole! You mad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome