cxfhserdzrhhw5yuwhs4e5rusxtudrhj - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,173
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
Did not say that,of course, just that Graf always had the upper hand in their matches...even when Monica was number 1!I know you like this thing fact so much

Your stats are meaningless as I've told you already 1000 times.

I could also say that Seles had the upperhand over Graf in 90s. She had the upperhand when Seles started her domination in clay court court season in 1990. I could say that Seles had the upperhand over Graf in the Slams when Seles was number one. I could say that Seles beat Graf 3 tournaments before before the stabbing.

See, my stats are almost as twisted as yours.

They are meaningless so please stop reapeating them over and over again because, no offense, that makes you look

Azarenka - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Wozniacki - Stephens - Stosur
Matt01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,173
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Matt it is very plain to see that you are a Graf-Tard.

This is not the first someone called me a Graf-tard. Must be because of my flag

Azarenka - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Wozniacki - Stephens - Stosur
Matt01 is offline  
post #333 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,798
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
This is not the first someone called me a Graf-tard. Must be because of my flag
If he only knew.

I guess he didn't read through the thread.
Excelscior is offline  
post #334 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,173
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
If he only knew.

I guess he didn't read through the thread.


Azarenka - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Wozniacki - Stephens - Stosur
Matt01 is offline  
post #335 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:10 AM
74,Old,Dirty & Fast
 
cehowardrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,065
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
Well,not even up to that point Seles wasn't beating Graf, just look at their meetings
At first, Serena and Venus weren't beating Hingis either, but what happened down the line?

Ya Dig?

75,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg

God Bless The Charleston 9/RIP-God Bless Germany for taking in Immigrants.
cehowardrx7 is offline  
post #336 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,000
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
OK.

Fair enough (on the what Seles could do part).

We still have some slight disagreement on your reaction of Gunther Parche's intentions.

I could see you feeling he did his job, if he would have permanently, physically harmed Seles. He didn't.

The rest was up to Seles. Not that it makes her bad or what he did good. But when you say what you say, you don't account for the fact that not every player "would of went out like that".
I would say that Gunther's intention was to physically harm Seles so that she could no longer compete at the top level of the game. The fact is that Graf did benefit from the stabbing, while Monica's dsire, confidence and game suffered. Most of the problem may have been mental, but the the mind rules the body. The day Monica was stabbed was one of the luckiest days in Steffi Graf's tennis career, which IMO, inflated her slam total amount.
thrust is offline  
post #337 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,762
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
At first, Serena and Venus weren't beating Hingis either, but what happened down the line?

Ya Dig?
True, unlike Graf and Seles case where Steffi continued beating Monica even after
Anabelcroft is offline  
post #338 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:18 AM
74,Old,Dirty & Fast
 
cehowardrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,065
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
I would say that Gunther's intention was to physically harm Seles so that she could no longer compete at the top level of the game. The fact is that Graf did benefit from the stabbing, while Monica's dsire, confidence and game suffered. Most of the problem may have been mental, but the the mind rules the body. The day Monica was stabbed was one of the luckiest days in Steffi Graf's tennis career, which IMO, inflated her slam total amount.
All true, not only, it is there for all to see. The motive of the stabber and the aftermath. None of that is secret. Yet, the Graf-Tards won't to say it doesn't affect Graf's record. How can it NOT affect Graf's record. No matter what the Graf fans say, history has it recorded correctly. And please don't let the #1 Graf-Tard tell me about online polls..

75,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg

God Bless The Charleston 9/RIP-God Bless Germany for taking in Immigrants.
cehowardrx7 is offline  
post #339 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:22 AM
74,Old,Dirty & Fast
 
cehowardrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,065
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
True, unlike Graf and Seles case where Steffi continued beating Monica even after

Were these slams played on the moon???As Graf the opponent!

1990 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 7-6, 6-4 Monica Seles

1992 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 6-2, 3-6, 10-8 Monica Seles

1993 Australian Open (Melbourne) Final 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 Monica Seles

75,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg

God Bless The Charleston 9/RIP-God Bless Germany for taking in Immigrants.
cehowardrx7 is offline  
post #340 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,762
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Were these slams played on the moon???As Graf the opponent!

1990 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 7-6, 6-4 Monica Seles

1992 Roland Garros (Paris) Final 6-2, 3-6, 10-8 Monica Seles

1993 Australian Open (Melbourne) Final 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 Monica Seles
And were these matches played on the moon?As I said, before and after as Seles the number 1 opponent!

1991 San Antonio (US) Final 6-4 6-3 Steffi Graf

1991 Hamburg (Ger) Final 7-5 6-7(4) 6-3 Steffi Graf

1992 Wimbledon (UK) 6:2 6:1 Steffi Graf

1995 US OPEN (US) 7-6(6) 0-6 6-3 Steffi Graf

1996 US OPEN (US) 7:5 6:4 Steffi Graf
Anabelcroft is offline  
post #341 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 01:56 PM
74,Old,Dirty & Fast
 
cehowardrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,065
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
And were these matches played on the moon?As I said, before and after as Seles the number 1 opponent!

1991 San Antonio (US) Final 6-4 6-3 Steffi Graf

1991 Hamburg (Ger) Final 7-5 6-7(4) 6-3 Steffi Graf

1992 Wimbledon (UK) 6:2 6:1 Steffi Graf

1995 US OPEN (US) 7-6(6) 0-6 6-3 Steffi Graf

1996 US OPEN (US) 7:5 6:4 Steffi Graf
Glad you posted that, it proves I am correct. The San Antonio and Hamburg are NOT SLAMS.

The 1992 Wimbledon is Graf's. She gets CREDIT FOR THAT.

However, the 1995, 1996 US OPEN is TAINTED.

Seles was stabbed in Oct 1993..All slams of Graf after that are TAINTED, therefore making her slam and match record after Oct 1993 all TAINTED.

History has recorded that, and nothing you say or post can change that. Graf's main rival was stabbed for the sole purpose of advancing Graf!

You lose again.. Sorry...

75,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg

God Bless The Charleston 9/RIP-God Bless Germany for taking in Immigrants.
cehowardrx7 is offline  
post #342 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,762
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Glad you posted that, it proves I am correct. The San Antonio and Hamburg are NOT SLAMS.
We were talking about their meetings in general as comparation of their games,styles and how they adapted to each others game and you brought up Grand Slams yourself just to find an excuse for her other losses under the premise that it is irrelevant,but in fact you know that it isn't!
Anabelcroft is offline  
post #343 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,762
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
However, the 1995 and 1996 US OPEN is TAINTED.
Until the final Monica was in better form then Graf with already 11-0 matches and just 23 games lost until the final,unlike Graf who lost one set,41 games until the final and even lost in the first round of the tournament Monica won so...

In 1996 US Open Monica lost just 18 games until the final while Graf lost 37,so again Monica was the one dominating the field,but not Graf!


Last edited by Anabelcroft; Sep 30th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Anabelcroft is offline  
post #344 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,762
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

And you still refuse to answer my question and that would be:

"If Graf's records are tainted why is she always voted as the greatest?"



Last edited by Anabelcroft; Oct 1st, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Anabelcroft is offline  
post #345 of 572 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2012, 11:33 PM
74,Old,Dirty & Fast
 
cehowardrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,065
                     
Re: Why is Graf overlooked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
We were talking about their meetings in general as comparation of their games,styles and how they adapted to each others game and you brought up Grand Slams yourself just to find an excuse for her other losses under the premise that it is irrelevant,but in fact you know that it isn't!
If you ask any and all the pro tennis players what do they prefer to win, or what really counts, they will say SLAMS!! Not only that if you asked them, about the tier tournaments, opposed to slams, slams again wins. In other words, if most pro tennis players could get enough practice without playing the lessor tournaments, and I think they would only play slams. If they thought they could win all four of the slams by concentrating on them, they would do it..

Picture a player not winning on playing in lessor tournaments, but wins all four of the slams that year..That is what counts. Just like when we talk of past players, we talk of their slam count. So, I listed 3 slams close together that Seles won. Two FO and a AO. Then she was STABBED. Self explanatory!!

75,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg

God Bless The Charleston 9/RIP-God Bless Germany for taking in Immigrants.
cehowardrx7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome