News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #451 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Hedberg, Has you seen on : http://www.cmore.se/bestall/sport

Has there always had that WTA info?

TENNIS
Wimbledon, ATP- och WTA-tourer och Davis Cup samt tennismagasin som följer turneringarna.
Yes, I think they have always had the same text. A friend of mine emailed them, but no answer yet. They are quite bad at answering questions about their programming. But at this point it seems there is no deal with the WTA. And I doubt there will be. At least no full coverage.
Hedberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 29,171
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

The WTA is desperate to get a title sponsor and are screwing their TV deals. Bunch of geniuses.
Wiggly is offline  
post #453 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
A-Bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,934
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Thanks. Sorry but this is ridiculous. These WTA-clowns have really no idea what they're doing.

Ka. PLISKOVA - E. SVITOLINA - E. VESNINA - A. PAVLYUCHENKOVA - T. BACSINSZKY
N. VAIDISOVA - D. HANTUCHOVA - T. GOLOVIN - A. BONDARENKO - A. SZAVAY - M. PIERCE
A-Bond is offline  
 
post #454 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Good Luck Caro in 2017!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 160,485
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

WTA has sold the Rights can they care much about Perform can't resale it...


But we get the buy the tennis on tennistv.com it seems countries without coverage, but I am pretty sure we in DEN get the see Caro's matches on TV somehow...

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #455 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 29,302
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
That article is clearly biased though and only looking at one side of the coin. Tennis is dead in Germany. There is no mini-boom. We are talking about 200k (female) to 750k people (male) that watch a Grand Slam final in tennis. A regular bobsled world cup pulls twice those numbers and lasts about an hour. You expect a two week commitment of full programming to peak at 200k once. In a very simplistic way: These last 200k WTA Grand Slam final viewers left are hardcore tennis fans. Say 50k are willing and capable to pay 10 Euros a months for tennis pay-tv exclusively, that makes six million Euros a year from just the German pay TV market. Eurosport paid 10 million for all of Europe.

I am not a fan of the direction a lot of Maria threads have taken over the last 12 months.
The undertone is very disappointing, aggressive and the comments are sometimes rude to a player just trying to earn a living, playing her hardest and having a good amount of success given her god given, natural talents.
You made the list: NEW President Bouchard, Cibulkova, Mladenovic, Wozniacki, Kerber, Cornet, Watson, Broady.
Please note this is a signature about Tatjana Maria
Patrick345 is offline  
post #456 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Say 50k are willing and capable to pay 10 Euros a months for tennis pay-tv exclusively, that makes six million Euros a year from just the German pay TV market. Eurosport paid 10 million for all of Europe.
The way things are going it could be also 0 euros. It seems no tv-channel is even interested about those WTA rights.
Hedberg is offline  
post #457 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,021
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
The way things are going it could be also 0 euros. It seems no tv-channel is even interested about those WTA rights.
They already sold to MCS group (France, Belgium, etc) and sport1 (Netherland). Probably this alone close to the size of the old Eurosport contract if they really asked that high price.
Add a possible UK and Italian contract and its easily more thna Eurosport paid for years.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #458 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,021
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bond View Post
Thanks. Sorry but this is ridiculous. These WTA-clowns have really no idea what they're doing.
Yes, everybody is a clown. You are the only smart person in the entire universe.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #459 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
They already sold to MCS group (France, Belgium, etc) and sport1 (Netherland). Probably this alone close to the size of the old Eurosport contract if they really asked that high price.
Add a possible UK and Italian contract and its easily more thna Eurosport paid for years.
Possible UK and Italian contracts? That really sounds like a business plan. Nothing in Scandinavia either. Germany is out of the question at this point.

Hard to see that the sport1 deal could be very lucrative. WTA tennis in the Netherlands isn't exactly the hottest brand. They won't get any big bucks in Scandinavia either. Hard to believe they could ever achieve something like 20 million.

Okay, they get a bit more money and virtually very limited coverage? Makes the brand so much intresting for the next contract? ATP is already killing them and this isn't helping.

It's very logical that Eurosport didn't want to pay 20 million. The product just isn't worth it.
Hedberg is offline  
post #460 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 29,302
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
Possible UK and Italian contracts? That really sounds like a business plan. Nothing in Scandinavia either. Germany is out of the question at this point.

Hard to see that the sport1 deal could be very lucrative. WTA tennis in the Netherlands isn't exactly the hottest brand. They won't get any big bucks in Scandinavia either. Hard to believe they could ever achieve something like 20 million.

Okay, they get a bit more money and virtually very limited coverage? Makes the brand so much intresting for the next contract? ATP is already killing them and this isn't helping.

It's very logical that Eurosport didn't want to pay 20 million. The product just isn't worth it.
Where is ATP killing what? What free TV coverage does the ATP get in Europe? Why are the Grand Slam rights for three majors in Europe sold to small Eurosport, when the ATP is such a hot seller? It will get worse, when Nadal and Federer retire. Djoker and Murray couldn´t draw **** for their US Open final. Tennis and baseball are the two most TV unfriendly sports in the world.

I am not a fan of the direction a lot of Maria threads have taken over the last 12 months.
The undertone is very disappointing, aggressive and the comments are sometimes rude to a player just trying to earn a living, playing her hardest and having a good amount of success given her god given, natural talents.
You made the list: NEW President Bouchard, Cibulkova, Mladenovic, Wozniacki, Kerber, Cornet, Watson, Broady.
Please note this is a signature about Tatjana Maria
Patrick345 is offline  
post #461 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Where is ATP killing what? What free TV coverage does the ATP get in Europe? Why are the Grand Slam rights for three majors in Europe sold to small Eurosport, when the ATP is such a hot seller? It will get worse, when Nadal and Federer retire. Djoker and Murray couldn´t draw **** for their US Open final. Tennis and baseball are the two most TV unfriendly sports in the world.
ATP is killing WTA. No one is comparing it with soccer. It isn't really that difficult.

ATP gets good money for their contracts and they have no problem finding partners. Sky Sports in England is a good example. In France and Spain their market is also good. The WTA on the other hand is trying to find some obscure channels and Christmas is just around the corner. It's pretty safe to say ATP is miles away from the WTA.

Grand Slams have nothing to do with the ATP. Eurosport and EBU are close.

Eurosport has obviously made a decision to invest in those Slams. If they would have to choose between investing in Grand Slams or the WTA, well that's a no-brainer.

Last edited by Hedberg; Nov 21st, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Hedberg is offline  
post #462 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,021
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
The product just isn't worth it.
Obviously thats why you do nothing on this board just trolling in this thread.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #463 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
Obviously thats why you do nothing on this board just trolling in this thread.
I disagree sir. Just stating the facts. If you have some hard evidence how the WTA is manhandling the ATP, then feel free to show them. Your posts have been pretty useless. I know we can't all be geniuses, can we? But try to raise your game.
Hedberg is offline  
post #464 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
PharMaria Co. CFO
 
tejmeglekvár's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,021
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
I disagree sir. Just stating the facts. If you have some hard evidence how the WTA is manhandling the ATP, then feel free to show them. Your posts have been pretty useless. I know we can't all be geniuses, can we? But try to raise your game.
I can show those kind of facts too, like how ATP would do lot of things to have active american and chinese slam champions. See, "facts".

But nice try derailing the conversation. ATP is unimportant here.

The Queen of Screams
tejmeglekvár is offline  
post #465 of 1542 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 281
                     
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
I can show those kind of facts too, like how ATP would do lot of things to have active american and chinese slam champions. See, "facts".

But nice try derailing the conversation. ATP is unimportant here.
C'mon, don't bullshit me. Of course ATP is relevant if we're talking about global sports rights.

Okay Mr. Company Man, why can't the WTA reach a decent tv contract in time? It's obvious they were supposed to have something to announce in Istanbul. Instead we got some kind of monologue without any real information. It's not very convincing.
Hedberg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome