Live Commentary Thread vol22 - Page 245 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3661 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,242
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
No, because they are far too consistent to lose too many matches, this is why they counterpunch they are consistent. They play with far less margins than the big hitter play with, in a match up against Li for example, its is all on her racket not on Radwanskas, same with Maria, Vika, Serena most of the players, if they hit big and hit winners, aga is powerless, if they hit loosers, she wins, therefore her being irrelevant in a match because she is not forcing the play, she is just hitting good consistent deep balls and waiting for the error or winner, unless she is injured like yday, or playing Kerber.
Learn to use full stops.

ropuwhore

Cornet
Censored is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3662 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 164,970
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Hold here easily for the tiebreak please, Na.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014

Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014

Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)
Baby-Na is offline  
post #3663 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,984
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickymouse View Post
Are the Chinese crowd not aware that Peng is Chinese?
Peng is from Tianjin (about 150km from Beijing). Maybe they don't play nice.
PhilePhile is offline  
post #3664 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
flareon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37,743
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
Learn to use full stops.
so picky, People read in there heads, I am sorry if I am not using Fullstops. But Vocabulary and Punctuation is not really top of my agenda when I am having a discussion

TT 2010: Won 100k Bronx DW/Matthias, 50k Athens DW/Håkon
TT 2011: Won WTA Strasbourg, WTA Quebec DW/Phil=).
TT 2012: Won WTA P5 Cincinnati,WTA Auckland,Birmingham,Hertogenbosch,Luxembourg,50k Bronx,25k Rockhampton DW/Phil=)
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now  
post #3665 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Good Luck Caro in 2016!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 153,647
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

tb can only go one way...

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #3666 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Simugna Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,641
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
No, because they are far too consistent to lose too many matches, this is why they counterpunch they are consistent. They play with far less margins than the big hitter play with, in a match up against Li for example, its is all on her racket not on Radwanskas, same with Maria, Vika, Serena most of the players, if they hit big and hit winners, aga is powerless, if they hit loosers, she wins, therefore her being irrelevant in a match because she is not forcing the play, she is just hitting good consistent deep balls and waiting for the error or winner, unless she is injured like yday, or playing Kerber.
Decide if you claim that a defensive player is a non-factor, in which case Cohen and Radwanska should have essentially the same results, or the quality of the player's defense does make a difference and is therefore a factor in a match.
Simugna Help is offline  
post #3667 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,967
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Peng is an excellent returner.
Raiden is offline  
post #3668 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Good Luck Caro in 2016!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 153,647
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Aga v Peng/Li plays about 4h30pm tomorrow, so Aga just sit and watch them get tired...

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #3669 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 164,970
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Please win the tiebreak, Na.

Shu always fight so hard in Beijing.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014

Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014

Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)
Baby-Na is offline  
post #3670 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Simugna Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,641
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Another DF... I hope Na stabilizes her new serve for the new season, or even for YEC.
Simugna Help is offline  
post #3671 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,818
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
Please win the tiebreak, Na.

Shu always fight so hard in Beijing.
This tie-break is not about Shu though. It's about Na hitting DFs or not.
supermod is offline  
post #3672 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,967
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

The end has arrived for Peng. She had her chances.

But now Li is about to separate away.
Raiden is offline  
post #3673 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
flareon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37,743
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
Decide if you claim that a defensive player is a non-factor, in which case Cohen and Radwanska should have essentially the same results, or the quality of the player's defense does make a difference and is therefore a factor in a match.
No they shouldn't you look at it way to black and white... Look at the rankings, when they played Pro, where they play etc etc. There is no way they should. You miss my point completely... I am saying when it comes to playing big hitters, Aga is a non factor, because players such as sharapova or li will either hit her off the court, or not find the court at all because she is too consistent.

TT 2010: Won 100k Bronx DW/Matthias, 50k Athens DW/Håkon
TT 2011: Won WTA Strasbourg, WTA Quebec DW/Phil=).
TT 2012: Won WTA P5 Cincinnati,WTA Auckland,Birmingham,Hertogenbosch,Luxembourg,50k Bronx,25k Rockhampton DW/Phil=)
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now  
post #3674 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Simugna Help's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,641
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
No they shouldn't you look at it way to black and white... Look at the rankings, when they played Pro, where they play etc etc. There is no way they should. You miss my point completely... I am saying when it comes to playing big hitters, Aga is a non factor, because players such as sharapova or li will either hit her off the court, or not find the court at all because she is too consistent.
So her quality makes a difference in her matches against Li or Sharapova.
Simugna Help is offline  
post #3675 of 5011 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
flareon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37,743
                     
Re: Live Commentary Thread vol22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
So her quality makes a difference in her matches against Li or Sharapova.
Shes off better quality than Julia Cohen I was using her as an example not comparing her to aga...

TT 2010: Won 100k Bronx DW/Matthias, 50k Athens DW/Håkon
TT 2011: Won WTA Strasbourg, WTA Quebec DW/Phil=).
TT 2012: Won WTA P5 Cincinnati,WTA Auckland,Birmingham,Hertogenbosch,Luxembourg,50k Bronx,25k Rockhampton DW/Phil=)
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome