1. Serena Williams def. Elena Dementieva Wimbledon 2009
I was rooting for Dementieva the whole way, but I was just as awed by Serena, clawing her way through to a win. Elena got unlucky on many lines calls, but the quality was amazing
. The drama was great
2. Venus Williams def. Martina Hingis US Open 2000
The rallies were excellent, with Hingis taking the ball early and Venus stretching for all the balls in the corner. Venus was on the brink of losing the match, before turning it around by returning a smash for a passing shot winner.
3. Venus Williams def. Lindsay Davenport 2005 Wimbledon
Honestly think this match is slightly overrated, as the quality wasn't the best. Glad to see Venus finally winning another grand slam, but was gutted for Lindsay, especially losing that match point.
4. Serena Williams def. Maria Sharapova 2005 Australian Open
The quality wasn't outt of this world, but the drama was there. You had Sharapova winning their last two matches, and Serena trying to avenge her losses. Serena saved three matchpoints in ridiculous style.
5. Justine Henin def. Jennifer Capriati 2003 US Open
Some amazing rallies, and Jen getting two points away from the win over ten times. Heartbreaking for Jennifer not to get to the USO final.
6. Justine Henin def. Elena Dementieva 2010 Australian Open
Henin's second tournament back from her comeback, and Dementieva having set points in both sets. Almost 3 hours, with only two points played. Imagine if Dementieva had clinched the second set in that tiebreaker!
7. Samantha Stosur def. Serena Williams 2010 French Open
No one really gave Stosur a chance in this match, but after choking the second set, she saved a match point in the third, and served for the match in style after beating Serena in two stunning rallies.
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova def. Serena Williams 2009 French Open
Both players choking, good rallies and shotmaking, and a great atmosphere. Serena's best chance to win the French after 2003.
9. Venus Williams def. Martina Hingis 2000 Wimbledon
Not really mentioned here a lot, but Venus's breakthrough at Wimbledon, playing against the world number one. Will never forget that one-handed backhand winner down the line from Martina Hingis, though!
10. Venus Williams def. Serena Williams 2008 Wimbledon
Great quality, could've been a classic had it gone to three sets. The shotmaking and the clean power hitting from both made it such a great encounter.