1) Win 4 more singles slam titles before retirement. Preferably 2 more HC slams to hold the sole record for most HC slams, and 2 more Wimbledons to tie Steffi which would probably make Serena the second best grasscourt player of all time behind Martina. If I could choose I would want those HC slams to be this coming USO to mimic Venus' summer 2000 Wim-OG-USO streak, and 1 AO to further solidify your Open-Era record. I wouldn't argue with more!
2) Win 1 more Miami to hold sole record there(Currently tied with Steffi at 5)
3) Get at least 30 more weeks as #1, though Lord should be able to amass more than that.
4) Keep up the form and attitiude shown in this grass season. No choking away slams, no on-court tears, no losing your temper, just get your business done in the manner that won you two huge titles and turned your mediocre year around.
5) Keep showing up at the MMs and winning them. No reason why you should have been behind Venus, Justine, Martina and even Kim in singles titles for so long. You should be able to get in the range of Lindsay/Monica if you stay on tour for a few more years and stay committed.
Overall just combine the grass season(winning slams/other huge titles) while not neglecting the smaller tournaments, like last USHC season and this clay season, and I'll be over the moon. I think given my fave's ability, every individual goal here is realistic, though maybe not all of them at once. In that case 1 >>> 4 > 5 > 2&3.
1) Please post up a better result at the USO, which I know you're capable of. Keep up the strong mentality you showed at the beginning of the year and continue on the path of improvement.
With the clay season over, go back to bitchslapping Pova.
I'd like to see you improve your clay game, it's your one weak spot. Or just focus on HCs, whatevs
Keep up the pre-clay momentum going into the hard stuff now
1) Please please please sort your shit out. I'm quite ecstatic with those solid slam results, but something is missing. I believe it's just a sophomore slump which many greats are guilty of including our very own lord and savior, but still
You're a professional athlete, get fitter please. The gut needs to go.
2) Improve your USHC record. I know the surface/conditions don't agree with you but posting up these losses is still underperforming. I firmly believe Petra should at least be making QF/SFs at IW/Miami/USO lead-ups and the USO itself
Maybe get a tourney win here and a bad loss there the balance it out.
Stop fucking getting bitchslapped by Pova.
If you follow point #1 you should be able to jump the final hurdle and make it past slam semis/quarters. Also, realize your game. 2012 has seen a slightly less volatile, more consistent Petra, going for less on serve. Stop that. Your claim to fame was the all-out offense, huge serve with bludgeoning baseline game with nice hands as an added bonus. Give us that. Go for your serves and be that bitch. Thank you.
1) I'm so proud of what you've been able to achieve. If you really still feel like singles is the way to go then I'd say go for it, but IMO you should focus on becoming a doubles specialist perhaps. I don't think Singles is going to produce much for you at this point, but it's clear from your performances at the Wimbledon and OG doubles events that you still have fire and love for the game. I'd just go that route
Maybe not this year but definitely by the end of next. I can see you winning big dubs titles for at least another 5 years if you stay focused and keep that fire which was great to see.
* All of this not at the expense of Our Lord and Savior.