The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2 - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1261 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Well, of course.
Isn't the only reason one would consider Sharapova more attractive than Serena their skin colour?
Its the primary reason. But its understandable, because white women are (did someone say universally?) accepted as being beautiful. Serena is just a girl from the ghetto. She could never hold a candle to a white woman.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 252
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Everyone considers Beyonce or Gabrielle union beautiful. all this race talk is so petty
NaNaSlam is offline  
post #1263 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaSlam View Post
Everyone considers Beyonce or Gabrielle union beautiful. all this race talk is so petty
Yeah, Beyonce with her skin bleaching makeup and advertisement, her hazel-colored eye contacts and blonde wigs. Of course she is beautiful, as long as she keeps herself looking like a tan white woman.

White supremacy.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #1264 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Dodoboy.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38,958
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Yeah, Beyonce with her skin bleaching makeup and advertisement, her hazel-colored eye contacts and blonde wigs. Of course she is beautiful, as long as she keeps herself looking like a tan white woman.

White supremacy.
Not tew much sis.
Dodoboy. is offline  
post #1265 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 252
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Yeah, Beyonce with her skin bleaching makeup and advertisement, her hazel-colored eye contacts and blonde wigs. Of course she is beautiful, as long as she keeps herself looking like a tan white woman.

White supremacy.
So are there any blonde white women that you consider beautiful?
NaNaSlam is offline  
post #1266 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Kon.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,821
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Its the primary reason. But its understandable, because white women are (did someone say universally?) accepted as being beautiful. Serena is just a girl from the ghetto. She could never hold a candle to a white woman.
Bombshell: Not everything negative said about Serena has to do with race.

So every time a black girl's looks and a white girl's looks are compared if I choose the white girl it has to be because of her colour?
Why make it about this again? Nobody said any white girl is prettier than Serena.
We're talking about Sharapova. Can't it simply be because people think she is better looking regardless of her colour?

Not everyone sees Serena as the "girl from the ghetto". You're seeing racism where it doesn't exist.
Kon. is offline  
post #1267 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Worshipping the bangs
 
miffedmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Larsson's Player Forum
Posts: 55,245
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Enough. If you want to have a discussion on race, take it to nontennis and start a thread there about race and media imagery. It's an interesting subject, and there is much room for fruitful discussion.

This thread, however, is about pictures of tennis players at offcourt events. Black ones, white ones, Asian ones, Latina ones, tall ones, short ones, willowy ones and thick ones.

Please get back on topic. (Yes, I know I helped veer off topic, my bad). Thank you.

Max
Pass the duct tape and super glue. Lena's done broke my heart one last time.
Onward my LOB! Lena (ret.) Vika Vee TOB Caro Alexa Sabs Wicky Lesia Vania BMS Ekat Andi H. Jo-La Lena V KP2 Lil Bit Kiki Mini Mak Baby Veronika
V Squad, The LOB Elite: Vika, Venus and the Mad Viking of Norrland
Jo-La Duchess of Norrland and Bastad
Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline  
post #1268 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Bombshell: Not everything negative said about Serena has to do with race.

So every time a black girl's looks and a white girl's looks are compared if I choose the white girl it has to be because of her colour?
Why make it about this again? Nobody said any white girl is prettier than Serena.
We're talking about Sharapova. Can't it simply be because people think she is better looking regardless of her colour?

Not everyone sees Serena as the "girl from the ghetto". You're seeing racism where it doesn't exist.
Why are you making this about you? I don't know you, and I've never commented on your personal preferences. You sound like you are trying to defend the virtue of all white people by showing that you hold an alternative opinion. That doesnt make white supremacy any less real because YOU feel differently. Stop being so myopic.

I'm speaking in general terms, which many posts in this thread (and others in GM) have highlighted over the past two days.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #1269 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Enough. If you want to have a discussion on race, take it to nontennis and start a thread there about race and media imagery. It's an interesting subject, and there is much room for fruitful discussion.

This thread, however, is about pictures of tennis players at offcourt events. Black ones, white ones, Asian ones, Latina ones, tall ones, short ones, willowy ones and thick ones.

Please get back on topic. (Yes, I know I helped veer off topic, my bad). Thank you.
So this is OK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post
It is just the twisted gay boi in you. Even ultra-liberals will never a agree with you. Let's face it, Serena is no Naomi. She is not really naturally pretty to begin with and it has nothing to do with being black. I've seen thousands of attractive black women and Serena is nowhere near them. Also, this has nothing to do with Sharapova or any other blonde bombshells out there.

The amazing thing about her is that she becomes "pretty" in our eyes because of her accomplishment and champion's aura. That's what makes her shine. Take that away and she will just be your average girl from the ghetto. So for her to reach reach that quality is a massive accomplishment.
But comments about the white supremacy that underpin this statement are inappropriate for the thread?
You are so full of shit.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #1270 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 361
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Yeah, Beyonce with her skin bleaching makeup and advertisement, her hazel-colored eye contacts and blonde wigs. Of course she is beautiful, as long as she keeps herself looking like a tan white woman.

White supremacy.
Wow, all you see is race. I feel bad for you. This is subtle and hidden racism at its finest
NashaP is offline  
post #1271 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 361
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

And btw, beyonce is considered beautiful because she has a GORGEOUS face. One of the prettiest in hollywood.
NashaP is offline  
post #1272 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
Wow, all you see is race. I feel bad for you. This is subtle and hidden racism at its finest
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
And btw, beyonce is considered beautiful because she has a GORGEOUS face. One of the prettiest in hollywood.
You're not even a real poster, you're a troll POS, so you're not worth a legitimate response other than, "Fuck off"


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #1273 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
NashaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 361
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
You're not even a real poster, you're a troll POS, so you're not worth a legitimate response other than, "Fuck off"
Because you have no response You know its true. People who think like you hurt the progress of society.
NashaP is offline  
post #1274 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 04:50 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,014
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
Because you have no response You know its true. People who think like you hurt the progress of society.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #1275 of 5439 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Kon.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,821
                     
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Why are you making this about you? I don't know you, and I've never commented on your personal preferences. You sound like you are trying to defend the virtue of white people by showing that you hold an alternative opinion. That doesnt make white supremacy any less real because YOU feel differently. Stop being so myopic.

I'm speaking in general terms, which many posts in this thread (and others in GM) have highlighted over the past two days.
The fact I used "I" in a sentence doesn't make it about me. I don't express the opinion of all white people and I don't think I do.
But why do you think you know what most people's preference is based on?

The discussion here was about the fact people consider Sharapova better looking than Serena.
I never said that the belief of the white supremacy doesn't exist, I just said I don't think this is the case here. I was talking about something very specific.
You said you think the main reason people consider Sharapova more attractive is her skin colour.
You don't represent most people's opinion, you can't really know why they prefer her, you're just overgeneralising.

Sorry for all the off topic.
Kon. is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome