What Goerges actually said - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 1,523
                     
What Goerges actually said

She said "this is a grandslam, not a kindergarten". Then she said "f**k you" (2:25-2:30). You be the judge, but I almost admire her for standing up to this wimpy umpire.

clonesheep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:39 AM
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
 
Martian Jeza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Marti-Party Room
Posts: 32,101
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonesheep View Post
She said "this is a grandslam, not a kindergarten". Then she said "f**k you" (2:25-2:30). You be the judge, but I almost admire her for standing up to this wimpy umpire.

FFT copyrights : video deleted

Wolves are my soul, my everything !

Know your real ennemies : don't let you fool by the mainstream media : They are full time LIARS ! NEVER trust the government !

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
Senior Member
 
simonsaystennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,426
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Dangit, I really wanted to see this. Hope someone reuploads it.

Serena Williams ~ Maria Sharapova ~ Venus Williams ~ Jelena Dokic ~ Melanie Oudin ~ Christina McHale

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Brengle ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Lepchenko ~ Falconi ~ Chirico ~ Crawford ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~ Bellis ~ Ahn
simonsaystennis is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Dangit, I really wanted to see this. Hope someone reuploads it.
This

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,296
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonesheep View Post
She said "this is a grandslam, not a kindergarten". Then she said "f**k you" (2:25-2:30). You be the judge, but I almost admire her for standing up to this wimpy umpire.

That's really stupid, since the umpire is not the one deciding on game continuation. And besides, Wozniacki was also still playing and it was still pretty light. It's fine that she asked for suspension, but she couldnt just accept the no.
Martao is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14,084
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Such a diva

Play my new Sporcle Quiz!
Junior Girls Top 100 21.12.15:http://www.sporcle.com/games/MarkNL/...-girls-top-100
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Date-Krumm - Hibino - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - De Vroome - Kerkhove - Burger - Doi - Larsson - Lertcheewakarn - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,966
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martao View Post
That's really stupid, since the umpire is not the one deciding on game continuation. And besides, Wozniacki was also still playing and it was still pretty light. It's fine that she asked for suspension, but she couldnt just accept the no.
You obviously didn't see both matches live at the same time - otherwise you would have seen the odd discrepancy that was there simultaneously between the relatively brighter Suzanne Lenglen stadium and that outside court where it was noticeably darker (cuz of lack of horizon or whatever).
Raiden is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,296
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
You obviously didn't see both matches live at the same time - otherwise you would have seen the odd discrepancy that was there simultaneously between the relatively brighter Suzanne Lenglen stadium and that outside court where it was noticeably darker (cuz of lack of horizon or whatever).
You really cannot see brightness on camera, so unless you were watching in the stadium...
Martao is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,966
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martao View Post
You really cannot see brightness on camera, so unless you were watching in the stadium...
No need to go off in a tangent with camera-technical gibberish. This is not a complicated conspiracy or an Agatha Christie detective mystery.

It was evening >> the sun was winding down >> it appeared dark on TV >> someone on location claimed it was dark = Occam's razor conclusion: it was (to whatever extent) dark.
Raiden is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,296
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Of course it was somewhat dark. But the question is: what is the point where you stop playing?
I'm just saying you really can't see that on television.
Rus said she had no problem, but then again, she was winning.
Martao is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
5 Grand Slams
 
Mashabator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,271
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

anyone got another vid?




Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Look who's back!
 
Sean.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 32,453
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
^ No need to go off in a tangent with camera-technical gibberish. This is not a complicated conspiracy or an Agatha Christie detective mystery.

It was evening >> the sun was winding down >> it appeared dark on TV >> someone on location claimed it was dark = Occam's razor conclusion: it was (to whatever extent) dark.
He's right though, it was probably just as dark on SL but the picture was enhanced by the cameras. Caro/Kanepi didn't seem to have an issue with the light, Julia should have just accepted it and continued!



Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Junior Member
 
oncourtfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 47
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

dont use freaking youtube for GS videos

dailymotion.com or smth else, pls
oncourtfan is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Drake1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 49,390
                     
Re: What Goerges actually said

can't see

SERENA WILLIAMS
Drake1980 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome