Re: Top 30: Which is their better wing?
1. Caroline Wozniacki - Backhand
2. Petra Kvitova - Forehand. The backhand is a more compact stroke, and has the ability to break open a rally immediately, but the forehand has an ounce of topspin that gives it greater reliability.
3. Victoria Azarenka - Backhand
4. Maria Sharapova - Backhand
5. Li Na - Backhand.
6. Samantha Stosur - Forehand
7. Vera Zvonareva - Backhand
8. Agnieszka Radwanska - Backhand
9. Marion Bartoli - Backhand. Can be deceptively good on the run with this stroke too, using a lot of left wrist
10. Andrea Petkovic - Forehand
11. Francesca Schiavone - Forehand
12. Serena Williams - Backhand. The technique is ever-stable, and she doesn't over-rotate on the ball like she can do on the FH.
13. Kim Clijsters - See Serena.
14. Jelena Jankovic - Backhand
15. Sabine Lisicki - Forehand. Limited on both wings timing wise though, when she's forced to go toe to toe in high-pace rallies, but the mid-court forehand is a stunner.
16. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova - Backhand. Her racquet prep is suspect on her forehand, and her timing can suffer.
17. Peng Shuai - Backhand.
18. Dominika Cibulkova - Forehand
19. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Forehand
20. Flavia Pennetta - Backhand
21. Julia Goerges - Forehand
22. Ana Ivanovic - Forehand
23. Roberta Vinci - Forehand. Backhand is too limited due to her inability to aggressively hitting over it.
24. Daniela Hantuchova - Backhand. The Forehand is perhaps more potent, but the backhand has such fluency and is able to redirect and maneuver the ball better.
25. Lucie Safarova - Forehand
26. Yanina Wickmayer - Forehand
27. Anabel Medina Garrigues - Backhand
28. Maria Kirilenko - Backhand. Lovely stroke production, shame about the complete lack of racquet-head speed.
29. Nadia Petrova - Backhand. Forehand has beefed up considerably, but her inconsistent, ungainly footwork relegates it behind the backhand which is such a compact, clean stroke with lovely body-weight transfer.
30. Monica Niculescu - Backhand. It's the only groundstroke she can actually hit through.