Re: Sam Stosur v Petra Kvitova WTA semifinal, a tactical discussion
1.Kvitova hasn´t played a physical big server and hitter in weeks and has been lackadaisical in return games. She has had lapses of concentration against Zvonareva, Radwanska and Jankovic, she won´t be able to correct, if Stosur serves well.
2. What clearly works against Stosur with her own serve is the leftie stance. Eespecially on the ADV serve wide, which Stosur absolutely loves and Kvitova as a lefty can take it with the forehand. Kvitova also loves that stick in crosscourt backhand return from the deuce court.
3. On the return games obviously the same problem, especially on the ADV side again. Kvitova loves the lefty serve wide and can attack Stosur´s weaker backhand side. Although I feel Kvitova has struggled to go to the middle lately on serve, giving Stosur a chance to readjust her position and maybe go around her backhand.
4. Kvitova isn´t scared to go to the net and she can rush Stosur´s backhand with her crosscourt forehand.
5. On paper it doesn´t look good for Stosur. She´ll need to show extreme confidence to have the backhand working, mix the serve well, be very aggressive. Maybe even try some serve and volley, chip and charge of her own, and see how Kvitova reacts to being rushed. Maybe she can throw Kvitova off that way.
Strategic Consultant - For Year End Championship RR – Format
- You suck at math
- You like to win tournaments
You need our Halep! We take Kerber of your problem! Contact us via PM - Don´t be stupid!
For just 5% of your YEC winnings, we tell you how to maximize your success.