Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 19,041
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Chinese people can't make a good cake for sweet Caro
Congrats Caro


GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
stromatolite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,592
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Would be nice if just this once we could say "well done" without the usual chorus back and forth of taunts about whose favorite is the best and why all the others suck. Anyway: well done Caroline!
stromatolite is online now  
post #63 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,398
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kaz View Post
What have you achieved in your life? I bet Caro's is 4000x more sucessful then you
Did I say I was one of them? <3

* 2008 * 2012 * Maria Sharapova * 2004 * 2006 *
* Ivanovic * Watson * BMS * Gavrilova * Voskoboeva * Robson * Kvitova * Mladenovic * Lisicki * FutureGoat Konjuh


Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline  
post #64 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
★Serbian Sensation★
 
MaBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Living with the Wolfman
Posts: 9,898
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Too wrong.
MaBaker is offline  
post #65 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter
 
Sam L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Eurasian Steppe
Posts: 34,217
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Thank God for Kim Clijsters. If it wasn't for that one week, Wizard of Woz will become the first since Graf in '96 to be ranked No.1 for the entire year.

Only three other women have done it Seles, Evert and Navratilova.

I can't believe she came this close.

Please bring back the divisor system! Please!

Divas: Seles, Sharapova, Muguruza
Pas de Quatre:
Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia

Sam L is offline  
post #66 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,873
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Thank God for Kim Clijsters. If it wasn't for that one week, Wizard of Woz will become the first since Graf in '96 to be ranked No.1 for the entire year.

Only three other women have done it Seles, Evert and Navratilova.

I can't believe she came this close.

Please bring back the divisor system! Please!
this...it's becoming tragicomical already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakbelle View Post
Those DFs are like a tap but the washer is broken and Maksim doesnt have a wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline  
post #67 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Vikapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,327
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Partying world YE #1 on Maria's sore ankle twist which allowed all this, very classy from the Wozniacki camp but expected as always.

Génie - Victoria - Kristina.
Vikapower is offline  
post #68 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,315
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Partying world YE #1 on Maria's sore ankle twist which allowed all this, very classy from the Wozniacki camp but expected as always.
sure, now she's only #1 cause of sharapovas injury... as i can remember, sharapova lost against pennetta in r3 @ us open as example. so she had her chances but wasted them
Johnbert is offline  
post #69 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,873
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
sure, now she's only #1 cause of sharapovas injury... as i can remember, sharapova lost against pennetta in r3 @ us open as example. so she had her chances but wasted them
she plays like 10 events more than Pova every season...kinda easy to pile up them points, init?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakbelle View Post
Those DFs are like a tap but the washer is broken and Maksim doesnt have a wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline  
post #70 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,315
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
she plays like 10 events more than Pova every season...kinda easy to pile up them points, init?
that's her problem not caroline's... nobody forbid her to play 20 events a year. if she play's less event's, then she can't be #1 or she had to step very far in every tournament and can't permit a early loss like at the us open
Johnbert is offline  
post #71 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Vikapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,327
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
sure, now she's only #1 cause of sharapovas injury... as i can remember, sharapova lost against pennetta in r3 @ us open as example. so she had her chances but wasted them
Woznicacki lost to Hantuchova and Cibulkova consecutively in RG and Wimbledon and lost to Li in AO despite having had a MP Wozniacki had her chances to win majors yet wasted them, accidents happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
that's her problem not caroline's... nobody forbid her to play 20 events a year. if she play's less event's, then she can't be #1 or she had to step very far in every tournament and can't permit a early loss like at the us open
Maria doesn't need to play 20+ events/year... almost in every regular events Maria plays she goes deep - from memory she has played 16 tournaments this year but what penalizes her the most is the start of the season from January to March around...

From IW she really has the most consistent results as a top 5 player including a GS F which neither of Zvonareva, Woznicaki etc... has reached this year.

Génie - Victoria - Kristina.
Vikapower is offline  
post #72 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
HAND SCRAPED
 
-Sonic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 7,156
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

What a ridiculous stunt... WTA desperate to promote Caro.

What if Clijsters had the #1 for a month instead of a week? If Hingis comes back and gets to #1, do we give her a 14 years at #1 cake?

Madness.
-Sonic- is offline  
post #73 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,553
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

And what have YOUR favorite players done to dethrone the Queen from her ranking ? NOTHING bwahahaha If they're too injury-prone, or part-time or don't feel like playing many tournaments, or they'd rather go to a Kardashian wedding - that's their choice and God bless them ! Don't hate Woz for devoting her LIFE to the game, an absolute deserved ranking !
MisterMan is offline  
post #74 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM
HAND SCRAPED
 
-Sonic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 7,156
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
And what have YOUR favorite players done to dethrone the Queen from her ranking ? NOTHING bwahahaha If they're too injury-prone, or part-time or don't feel like playing many tournaments, or they'd rather go to a Kardashian wedding - that's their choice and God bless them ! Don't hate Woz for devoting her LIFE to the game, an absolute deserved ranking !
Well some people are discussing the stunt, not Caroline herself. I certainly was.

Also, being injury prone is not a choice.
-Sonic- is offline  
post #75 of 95 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 15,882
                     
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Caro


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post

Maria doesn't need to play 20+ events/year...

Apparently she does to get the #1 ranking...too bad for her I guess.
Matt01 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome