Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #511 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,644
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
In the end of 2009 she was not fit, she was chubby a bit. Ever since then she's been losing weight. Should've stopped in the end of 2010 IMO or at least in the first part of 2011.
Pics from the end of 2009?

She looked great in the first half of 2008 of course, she was radiant, full of confidence, her shots were powerful and deep (her forehand ).

So for me, her fitness early 2008 and in the end of 2010 were the best. Not sure about 2009 though , I don't seem to recall?

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
JAS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,447
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Pics from the end of 2009?

She looked great in the first half of 2008 of course, she was radiant, full of confidence, her shots were powerful and deep (her forehand ).

So for me, her fitness early 2008 and in the end of 2010 were the best. Not sure about 2009 though , I don't seem to recall?
This is the beginning of 2010 (January).
You can even see the cellulite in this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6cab/43...n/photostream/

I can't post the pic here, but here is another similar one.



And here is one from RG 2010

JAS_ is offline  
post #513 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,130
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Pics from the end of 2009?
Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

I'm posting a link to a post because this is becoming like GM Ana's pics thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #514 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,644
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Indeed she looked a tad chubby Those legs She still looked fine, it's still better in terms of fitness than now, but yeah I can see some chubbiness on those pictures. Losing a few pounds can't hurt, but it seems she didn't stop after which is not a good thing

She tends to gain weight during the off season, right? We will see what happens between Fed Cup and the AO !

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
post #515 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
DefyingGravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 9,057
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Indeed she looked a tad chubby Those legs She still looked fine, it's still better in terms of fitness than now, but yeah I can see some chubbiness on those pictures. Losing a few pounds can't hurt, but it seems she didn't stop after which is not a good thing

She tends to gain weight during the off season, right? We will see what happens between Fed Cup and the AO !
I would say that's right, but in 2011 she showed up so skinny compared to the end of 2010. Remember?






Next stop: Roland Garros

Ana ('08 RG), Serena (21), Venus (7), Petra (2), Angie ('16 AO)
Vika (2), Sveta (2), Simona, Garbi, Ka. Pliskova
Kim (4), Mahree (2), Monica (9), Dokic, Sandrine, Jie
DefyingGravity is offline  
post #516 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,644
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

She needs to tell me her secret I need to lose 5kg (10 pounds) She looks so skinny But it was not worrying back then, she looked quite toned.

THAT FIRST PIC ! Back when they all three were relevant.

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
post #517 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Sammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Self-made gilded cage
Posts: 33,072
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
I would say that's right, but in 2011 she showed up so skinny compared to the end of 2010. Remember?





You call that skinny? Really?

The belief that man is an irresolute creature pulled this way and that by two forces of equal strength, alternately winning and losing the battle for his soul; the conviction that human life is nothing more than an uncertain struggle between heaven and hell; the faith in two opposed entities, Satan and Christ - all this was bound to engender those internal discords in which the mind, excited by the incessant fighting, stimulated as it were by the constant promises and threats, ends up by giving in and prostitutes itself to whichever of the two combatants has been more obstinate in its pursuit. Life isn't black and white, it's gold.
Sammo is offline  
post #518 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
DefyingGravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 9,057
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
You call that skinny? Really?
For her body type, yes I do.

She is naturally a bigger girl, as evidenced by 2005-2007.

Next stop: Roland Garros

Ana ('08 RG), Serena (21), Venus (7), Petra (2), Angie ('16 AO)
Vika (2), Sveta (2), Simona, Garbi, Ka. Pliskova
Kim (4), Mahree (2), Monica (9), Dokic, Sandrine, Jie
DefyingGravity is offline  
post #519 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,280
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
You call that skinny? Really?
the poster said skinny AS COMPARED TO another period in time....so yes that is skinny COMPARED....

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #520 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Sammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Self-made gilded cage
Posts: 33,072
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
the poster said skinny AS COMPARED TO another period in time....so yes that is skinny COMPARED....
OKAY

The belief that man is an irresolute creature pulled this way and that by two forces of equal strength, alternately winning and losing the battle for his soul; the conviction that human life is nothing more than an uncertain struggle between heaven and hell; the faith in two opposed entities, Satan and Christ - all this was bound to engender those internal discords in which the mind, excited by the incessant fighting, stimulated as it were by the constant promises and threats, ends up by giving in and prostitutes itself to whichever of the two combatants has been more obstinate in its pursuit. Life isn't black and white, it's gold.
Sammo is offline  
post #521 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
JAS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,447
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
the poster said skinny AS COMPARED TO another period in time....so yes that is skinny COMPARED....
Yes, exept the matter of dispute in this thread is whether Ana is too skinny, not whether she is skinny compared to another period. That's the whole point.
JAS_ is offline  
post #522 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
DefyingGravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 9,057
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
She needs to tell me her secret I need to lose 5kg (10 pounds) She looks so skinny But it was not worrying back then, she looked quite toned.

THAT FIRST PIC ! Back when they all three were relevant.
Yes! Heinz left her in good care, and then she messed it all up.

If she had her first half 2011 fitness with her 2012 calmness (relative to the disaster years of 2009-2011), she could have probably really troubled Kvitova in Australia, or maybe even taken a set off of her, she could have pushed Sharapova in Rome more, probably could have at least made it competitive against Azarenka at Wimbledon, and beat Errani at RG and who knows after that.

It was just a progressive downhill slope with the muscles.



When she was able to go something like 10-8 in the third with Makarova.



Still okay at Roland Garros 2011



Notice the fit of the dress first, then comment on the body. This was the US Open 2011



And we're still toned at the Australian Open this year. This is a relatively new problem (I'd say from Roland Garros on. You could tell she didn't have the strength to hit through the slow clay of Suzanne Lenglen and Errani's brilliant counterpunching that day).

Next stop: Roland Garros

Ana ('08 RG), Serena (21), Venus (7), Petra (2), Angie ('16 AO)
Vika (2), Sveta (2), Simona, Garbi, Ka. Pliskova
Kim (4), Mahree (2), Monica (9), Dokic, Sandrine, Jie
DefyingGravity is offline  
post #523 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,644
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
You call that skinny? Really?
:/ This is lame, even for your standards, Spammo. What's your definition of skinny/chubby/fat then?
I totally agree with Defying Gravity. She looks skinny (but toned on these late 2010/2011 pictures)

@Defying Gravity : it's funny, back then I was noticing that loss of weight, and didn't know if I should worry or not. That thread started in august 2011. Nowadays, 2011 Ana looks super toned, etc compared to today. Quite scary when you think of it.

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
post #524 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,280
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Yes, exept the matter of dispute in this thread is whether Ana is too skinny, not whether she is skinny compared to another period. That's the whole point.
she is too skinny...and yes you have to compare it to other periods where she wasn't looking like the strongest wind would blow her over...she looks pale, can't go for a few weeks without some injury or another, can't sustain her physical form over a whole week for a tournament, weight of shot isn't nearly as potent on a consistent level...

she's not a model, she's an athlete...she wasn't naturally skinny and any weight she attempted to lose to gain speed hasn't worked cause she's no faster on court, yet she's still dropping weight

ETA: at some point your body stops breaking down fat and starts breaking down muscle...i guess we'll wait for her her to drop down on the court before encouraging her to pick up a sandwich

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #525 of 911 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,280
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
Yes! Heinz left her in good care, and then she messed it all up.

If she had her first half 2011 fitness with her 2012 calmness (relative to the disaster years of 2009-2011), she could have probably really troubled Kvitova in Australia, or maybe even taken a set off of her, she could have pushed Sharapova in Rome more, probably could have at least made it competitive against Azarenka at Wimbledon, and beat Errani at RG and who knows after that.

It was just a progressive downhill slope with the muscles.



When she was able to go something like 10-8 in the third with Makarova.



Still okay at Roland Garros 2011



Notice the fit of the dress first, then comment on the body. This was the US Open 2011



And we're still toned at the Australian Open this year. This is a relatively new problem (I'd say from Roland Garros on. You could tell she didn't have the strength to hit through the slow clay of Suzanne Lenglen and Errani's brilliant counterpunching that day).
great post

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome