Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form! - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Navratil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,272
                     
Red face Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Whenever I watched a match of Kim Clijsters during the last year, commentators kept saying "This is not like Kim today", "She's not at her best", "Kim is not in great shape today, she can do so much better"...

But can she?

Let's face it: Most of the time Kim is doing a lot of unforeced errors and winning matches because she's a fighter and mentally and physicly strong.

Don't get me wrong: She's the best player on the tour right now - no doubt about it.

But that's the problem: Her game is not that great as everybody wants it to be. She's not better than before her comeback.

It's just that there is absolutly no competition since the Williams-sisters & Henin are gone.

I can only hope that former top players like Sharapova, Ivanovic & Co find her form and Kim stays healthy to keep this level.



2011:
Final Sydney (not convincing)
Won Australian-Open (but in bad shape - appart from the semi-final vs Zvonareva, which was ok)
Final Paris (not convincing at all)
Indian Wells (horrible)
Miami (horrible as well)


Also when she won the Tour Championships and the US Open last year, she was not totally convincing. Had some really poor matches.
But still was unbeaten from mid August on.



Navratil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36,228
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

It definitely is her form for this year.
edificio is offline  
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Bonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southland
Posts: 6,947
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

NO
You underrate Kim
You forget that she beat every player that you say she is only winning now because they are not competing (Serena, Venus, Henin) all before and after her retirement. She was impressive in her last two slam finals and your post doesn't make much sense

"If music be the food of love, play on"
Bonfire is offline  
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Flawless
 
VeeJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,960
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

I think this whole forum is just bored of their fucking asses with the WTA nowa days, which result in threads like this. Threads about fucking nothing.

Jelena Jankovic
- She used to know how to play tennis...
Jumping over career opportunities since 2006...
As her fans watch in awe at her ability to fuck that up...

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is online now  
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

I also think people underrate Kim a lot. The thing that she doesnt care/doesnt give a sh.t doesnt mean she can not play tennis.

I think the match against Azarenka was high quality - had high quality points. A lot of points were so good that it´s just uncomparable with other Miami matches (Petkovic-Wozniacki,Jankovic. Sharapova-Dulgheru, Zvonareva-Radwanska)

Kim makes a lot of errors, but she still puts so much pressure on opponents and hits many winners. Her attitude is the worst I´ve seen from her, the least passionate, but her strokes are still so good. She plays as good as before

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JankoGOAT View Post
I think this whole forum is just bored of their fucking asses with the WTA nowa days, which result in threads like this. Threads about fucking nothing.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=431832

you can say that again

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
La nuit je mens
 
Sphrontanascier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 80,553
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Bullshit, she played well against Safina and Zvonareva in Melbourne, she was good againsr Li.
She played great against Kanepi in Paris (she was not bad against Dokic).

In IW and Miami, she was just tired and injured.

VA - AK - SH - P2H - RN


Notre époque meurt d'avoir cru aux valeurs et que les choses pouvaient être belles et cesser d'être absurdes - A. Camus
Sphrontanascier is offline  
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,819
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

I agree that she has been unconvincing, except against Dulgheru in Sydney, and Safina and Zvonareva in Melbourne. She was injured in Indian Wells and Miami, so we can overlook that. The thing is though, if she's playing so badly, what does that say about the rest of the tour?
rimon is offline  
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
J4m3ka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,258
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

100% agree.

That's why every non-biased tennis viewer always says that she was fundamentally better at tennis pre-retirement. Her strength being retrieving, the fact she was a mental midget and playing girls who were half decent at tennis was why she had "only" 1 slam. Nowadays this is pretty redundant, given the fact that she doesn't give a rats ass on court making her appear to be a mental giant & the players can't keep a ball in court to save their life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
"But every sport improves dramatically every three-to-five years, and I think we've see that in the sport of tennis. These guys just keep getting better and better. There's no comparison between what guys are doing now to 10 years ago"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
"Listen, I could sit here and tell you that I'm the best of the best, but unfortunately, the best get better. That's just how it is. Speed, athleticism, change in technology, and why people don't come to the net anymore because of the angles that are created. It's a whole different set of circumstances out there"

Last edited by J4m3ka; Apr 1st, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
J4m3ka is offline  
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
BlameSerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the Clutch visiting S
Posts: 5,836
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Whenever I watched a match of Kim Clijsters during the last year, commentators kept saying "This is not like Kim today", "She's not at her best", "Kim is not in great shape today, she can do so much better"...

But can she?

Let's face it: Most of the time Kim is doing a lot of unforeced errors and winning matches because she's a fighter and mentally and physicly strong.

Don't get me wrong: She's the best player on the tour right now - no doubt about it.

But that's the problem: Her game is not that great as everybody wants it to be. She's not better than before her comeback.

It's just that there is absolutly no competition since the Williams-sisters & Henin are gone.

I can only hope that former top players like Sharapova, Ivanovic & Co find her form and Kim stays healthy to keep this level.



2011:
Final Sydney (not convincing)
Won Australian-Open (but in bad shape - appart from the semi-final vs Zvonareva, which was ok)
Final Paris (not convincing at all)
Indian Wells (horrible)
Miami (horrible as well)


Also when she won the Tour Championships and the US Open last year, she was not totally convincing. Had some really poor matches.
But still was unbeaten from mid August on.



She wins on crappy form until someone makes her pay. This way of playing has become her normal. Not much difference in how she played the Uso and how she is playing these days. Smh.

I.M.S.
BlameSerena is offline  
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
MakarovaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,773
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Whenever I watched a match of Kim Clijsters during the last year, commentators kept saying "This is not like Kim today", "She's not at her best", "Kim is not in great shape today, she can do so much better"...

But can she?

Let's face it: Most of the time Kim is doing a lot of unforeced errors and winning matches because she's a fighter and mentally and physicly strong.

Don't get me wrong: She's the best player on the tour right now - no doubt about it.

But that's the problem: Her game is not that great as everybody wants it to be. She's not better than before her comeback.

It's just that there is absolutly no competition since the Williams-sisters & Henin are gone.

I can only hope that former top players like Sharapova, Ivanovic & Co find her form and Kim stays healthy to keep this level.



2011:
Final Sydney (not convincing)
Won Australian-Open (but in bad shape - appart from the semi-final vs Zvonareva, which was ok)
Final Paris (not convincing at all)
Indian Wells (horrible)
Miami (horrible as well)

Also when she won the Tour Championships and the US Open last year, she was not totally convincing. Had some really poor matches.
But still was unbeaten from mid August on.



The same can be said for another highely overrated(atleast overated in her "recent" years) part time player. But does she get as much flak?

~Elena Makarova~goddess of tennis
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline  
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Amateur Volleyer
 
Pump-it-UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 28,608
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

I blame it on the fact that she won Cincy playing like garbage. Her mindset hasn't been the same since then. She finally realized that she can play at 20% and its still good enough to scrape by most of the time.
Pump-it-UP is offline  
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,083
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Show me the numbers. PROVE it!

Demonstrate that whatever "this" form you're refering to has been the form Kim has had for multiples of matches, tournaments, and years.

But I suspect you can't. You're Kim hating Serena-tard which can only mean you're talking out of your ass......... out of your jelous donk.

All of this because (and only because) Kim's kicking WS ass AND grabbing the big silverware.

In the mean time I let the fact speaks for itself:



Here is a match of exactly one year ago which was nothing like the way she played in Miami this week
Raiden is online now  
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Moderator - BFTP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,551
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Quote:
Let's face it: Most of the time Kim is doing a lot of unforeced errors and winning matches because she's a fighter and mentally and physicly strong.
She does throw in a lot of errors. The forehand especially can really go off. And often she does win ugly.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong: She's the best player on the tour right now - no doubt about it.
Glad we agree on that too

Quote:
But that's the problem: Her game is not that great as everybody wants it to be. She's not better than before her comeback.
I disagree a tad here. For one thing she is mentally stronger than in the past.
Perhaps she is just more relaxed. Winning a slam, becoming a mom, and having a second career have all had an impact.

Last edited by Rollo; Apr 1st, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
Rollo is online now  
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
young_gunner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Posts: 53,584
                     
Re: Let's face it: This is Kim's regular form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Show me the numbers. PROVE it!

Demonstrate that whatever "this" form you're refering to has been the form Kim has had for multiples of matches, tournaments, and years.

But I suspect you can't. You're Kim hating Serena-tard which can only mean you're talking out of your ass......... out of your jelous donk.

All of this because (and only because) Kim's kicking WS ass AND grabbing the big silverware.

In the mean time I let the fact speaks for itself:

Here is a match of exactly one year ago which was nothing like the way she played in Miami this week
Kim is not kicking Serena's ass at all. 1 win is not kicking ass. Look at their H2H, that's kicking ass.

And here you are, a black unicorn.
Mythical and mystical since the day that you were born.
young_gunner913 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome