The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires...... - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Billie Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,014
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

VENUS


SERENA nooooooooo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Michael Jackson God of Dance . Jesus Christ Of Music .
God couldn't have made a better human being than Michael Jackson
Serena Williams : Greatest Player of All Times .
Ready for 22
Billie Jean is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackPanther.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,438
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

and

BlackPanther. is offline  
post #48 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
shoryuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,770
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Never! Tennis will die

VI III
/ \
VII 22 VI
\ /
I V

serenaslam.tumblr.com
300+ weeks at number 1
shoryuken is offline  
 
post #49 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Olórin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,962
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

They'll probably outlast most current top players and therefore most posters here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alla Luce View Post
(1)A lot is being made of the record Serena has vs Sharapova. It is being used as THE reason she will win again lol. Good thing we have players like Tomas Berdych (who had an even worse record vs Nadal) to remind us of the fallacy of this nonsense logic.
(2)You stans may as well sleep well tonight because tomorrow the a replay of Lucie's winning moment over and over again will haunt your dreams for weeks to come
(3)The stars have aligned perfectly for the upset of the 21st century. All the best Garbine
(4) There is no path to victory for Williams.Keys wins in straight easy sets.
Olórin is offline  
post #50 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
WTAtennisfan15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,415
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

... will be the darkest day in tennis ever!
WTAtennisfan15 is offline  
post #51 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM
.
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 49,006
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

I just hope I dont turn into a bitter queen who brings up Serena's past accomplishments in every thread like LDVTennis


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #52 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
WTAtennisfan15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,415
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Bon Vivant View Post
I just hope I dont turn into a bitter queen who brings up Serena's past accomplishments in every thread like LDVTennis
The fact that you love her so much is a reason, that why YOU SHOULD be able to do that!
WTAtennisfan15 is offline  
post #53 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

I think it will be a sad time indeed, because frankly I see Henin and Kim re-retiring around the same time period. What a void the tour will have then (perhaps then Davenport or Hingis should un-retire and grab a few of the slams that a player of their caliber should have anyway as it will be as easy pickings as the tour has had in years).
brodle1 is offline  
post #54 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36,174
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

I will say: Well done, ladies. Enjoy your future.
edificio is offline  
post #55 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,727
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

I'll say "well done, ladies" also. And then I'll lament the fact that American tennis will have lost all chances of winning majors in singles for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Shakespeare

Some say that youth is wasted on the young. I disagree. I think that wisdom is wasted on the old. All you can do is give it away and the ones that need it want no part of it. Especially those you are closest to. Raymond Reddington
HippityHop is offline  
post #56 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
friendsita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,507
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......


21 and counting...
friendsita is offline  
post #57 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,286
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

It would mean the death of U.S tennis. Roddick will probably retire befor e the Sisters and even if he doesnt he wont be any real threat by then (hech he hardly is now). They have no up and coming women or men who are bonafide top 10 caliber even.
justineheninfan is offline  
post #58 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,101
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
It would mean the death of U.S tennis. Roddick will probably retire befor e the Sisters and even if he doesnt he wont be any real threat by then (hech he hardly is now). They have no up and coming women or men who are bonafide top 10 caliber even.

Mattek-Sands has top 10 talent IMO. Whether she'll get there though...




"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline  
post #59 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Serena's #1 Hater
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 19,719
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
It would mean the death of U.S tennis. Roddick will probably retire befor e the Sisters and even if he doesnt he wont be any real threat by then (hech he hardly is now). They have no up and coming women or men who are bonafide top 10 caliber even.
The same thing was said when Sampras, Agassi, Courier and Chang were on their way out, but guess what? American tennis is still alive. When the Williams sisters retire, guess what? American tennis will still be alive.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline  
post #60 of 216 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 338
                     
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
It would mean the death of U.S tennis. Roddick will probably retire befor e the Sisters and even if he doesnt he wont be any real threat by then (hech he hardly is now). They have no up and coming women or men who are bonafide top 10 caliber even.
At least the state of American tennis would not be as bad as the current condition of British tennis. It really is woeful. Our shining light is Andy Murray, and as I understand it, his success is due to (apart from his own talent and hardwork obviously) the hardwork of his mother, and not that of the British tennis institutions.
Solidus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome