Pam, I think I love you. Thank you. We all know that the game has evolved, and yes, one day, even the sisters will have to give way to more powerful and athletic players than themselves.
It's happened to every champion in every era. People DO NOT give Chris her dues. Consider these facts....In a career which coincided with Margaret Court, Billie Jean King, Martina Navratilova, Evonne Goolagong, Hana Mandlikova, Tracy Austin, Steffi Graf, Aranxta Sancehz-Vicario, and Monica Seles, Chris's achievements include:
- beating Margaret Court as a 15 year old junior a month after Margaret won the grandslam
- 18 Grand Slam singles, including every grandslam championship at least twice
- at least one grand slam title for 13 straight years
- lost only 4 times before the semi-fianls of any grandslam over almost 20 years, and 2 of those losses were in the QF
- 5 grandslam titles on grass, and a Wimbeldon finalist another 6 or 7 times
- 2nd most tournaments won
- 2nd most number of singles matches won
- top 3 for 15 years
- 125 straight matches won on clay!
- retired with losing head to heads against only 3 players- Martina, Steffi, and tracy Austin!
.....and the list goes on.
I know that Chris can be a dill as a commentator (actually Williams fans, it seems she has really changed her tune now), but please do not disrespect her enormous achievements.