Whats happen with TennisForum (former WTAWorld) these days, especially with this GM Subforum? For example in last let's say 4 years every time when at some tournament (even Mickey Mouse level) we have very strange, unusual and unexpected combination of quarterfinalists, semifinalists or finalists (or just winner) - there is always some kind of historical review how often is happen something like that and also comparing with similar cases from past we have good view of whats to expect in future of players which make theirs breakthrough event. But now at Wimbledon 2010, world's biggest and most prestige tennis event we have one of most unexpected (almost bizarre) combination of semifinalists ever, and this TF forum and GM subforum is seems not anymore fastest and trustful source for that kind of WTA related interesting answers.
For example will anybody here try to present us:
- How many times TWO unseeded players reach at some Grand Slam semifinals like Pironkova and Kvitova do this year (especially since there is 32 seeds).
- How many times TWO out of TOP50 players reach at some Grand Slam semifinals like Pironkova and Kvitova do this season
- How many times BOTH of two opponents at GS QF is out of TOP50 like Kanepi and Kvitova case
- How many times some player reach GS SF never before winning MD match at that slam (Kvitova) or winning not more than one match (Pironkova case)
- How many times former multiple winners of some slam, when they are still at prime (TOP5 ranked) lose against some unseeded player like Venus do
- If Serena 3rd time wins AO and Wim in same year is that ever happen before in Open Era?
OK, there is one thread about Kvitova and Pironkova in semis, but I think that OP deserve better and deeper analysis than this one:
So will anybody here try to give us some answers please. It will be very interesting