Schiavone's Slam was a TOTAL FLUKE
I know I'm going to be bashed for this, but here are the facts.
We all know that:
1) in QF she faced the worst No. 2 ever on probably her worst surface,
2) in SF she faced an injured russian headcase,
3) in F she faced a player who couldn't handle the pressure (and who also eliminated all the other favourites for the title).
Facts some (or most) of you probably don't know :
(all comparisons are made against other top20 players + Zvonareva and Safina)
1) she has been a pro for 12 years and has never reached top 10 (before RG),
2) in the past 12 months she played 26 tournaments, only Peer played more - 27,
3) she lost 9 times in the first round, more than anyone, next on the list is Wozniacki with 8 losses,
4) she played 6 Mickey Mouse (International) tournaments, only Peer (9) and Rezai (8) played more,
5) she has by far the worst results in Premier Mandatory and Premier 5 events,
6) after RG she hasn't won a match yet.
IMO she is the luckiest Grand Slam winner ever. She deserved a semifinal, but I think I'm being generous here.
Last edited by ClijstersGOAT; Jul 1st, 2010 at 08:31 PM.