Jennifer Capriati: the real story! - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 908
                     
Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

Is it just me or is EVERYONE pre-judging Jennifer???

After all of her years on the tennis circuit, her many contributions to the game and her service to the "brand" off womens tennis, a brand she help build with her on court presence and riveting rivalries... she has been virtualy abandoned by the tour that benefited from her popularity and name.

Who wouldnt be pissed off and depressed? After 20 years of hard work, only to be dumped like a sack of potatoes. Saying that, Jennifer has had legit injuries, sever recurring shoulder pain on her right shoulder....these injuries have left her without the ability to come back.

Its pretty pathetic to see members here picking on her and insisting shes on "drugs" or that she is is a crazy headcase. Its really sad and its pathetic. Jennifer is an icon and an inspiration to many who have battled depression, indefference from family and for dissadvantaged youth all over....even she probably doesnt realize her complete impact...but nevertheless its there.

Myself...i was young and i had suffered several losses in terms of family deaths including a mother and grandmother due to cancer....this women's remarkable comeback inspired ME to stop crying and stop feeling sorry for myself, and to pick up a raquet and start playing tennis....over 12 years later i am playing tournaments and i have a ranking in the sport (no small feat for someone who started only at 12) plus i got my life back....thank you jennifer!

So i say to everyone who wants to pick at this woman....dont forget what she has done, dont forget all the positives she brought to our sport that we love, and most importantly, please do not judge her!!!

She is clearly in bad situation and yes tennis is something that she wishes she could do again...she was one of the best and still is!!!

Jennifer get better and we all love you so very much.

#ITSON
#JENNIFER CAPRIATI 2015 US OPEN CHAMPION.....
GAGAlady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
spiritedenergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,701
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

i don't judge her at all... i think people who judge her are teenegers who don't really know anything about life and think they will never fall like that... Thing is, life is not as easy as it seems when you are young and who is attacking her will realize it soon I actually admire her even more compared to other players (ahhm, my favorite for example) because she's always been able to overcome her struggles

spiritedenergy is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 908
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

to anybody who may be reading this thread i also wanted to add that her relationships, private or public, are not very well defined....this porn star may simply be a friend...he does porn, does that make him evil? does that make him not a person capable of being in a loving relationship??? absolutely NOT!

People in tennis have a tendency to be very very close minded, conservative and most importantly HYPOCRITICAL....please do not judge, those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones...

Its really sad how many are making rude nasty comments...and its not warranted or nice!

#ITSON
#JENNIFER CAPRIATI 2015 US OPEN CHAMPION.....
GAGAlady is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,243
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

you know what Jen has the resources to get a good psychologist to help her transition from being a child prodigy to adulthood.Alot of players have transition well into retirement.
I dont understand why she is in denial about her career,that chapter is done and its time to move on.
I hope USTA will reach out and give her a job to mentor kids,she has experience..
ZODIAC is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,165
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

I only wish her the best--she seems like a tough girl with a fighting spirit--get better Jen!


ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 908
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #of$$$$ View Post
you know what Jen has the resources to get a good psychologist to help her transition from being a child prodigy to adulthood.Alot of players have transition well into retirement.
I dont understand why she is in denial about her career,that chapter is done and its time to move on.
I hope USTA will reach out and give her a job to mentor kids,she has experience..

Im sure she does want to have a job related to tennis.....but to me she should be in some sort of position were she could really help people come to the sport, maybe as a special envoy...

i dont think she enjoys commentating too much.

As far as her career....we all think she knows its done, so to state that fact is really pointless...everyone knows SHE knows its done...big deal.

Alot of what people are saying is based on gossip...

#ITSON
#JENNIFER CAPRIATI 2015 US OPEN CHAMPION.....
GAGAlady is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
tennnisfannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,308
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

No matter how you spin it drugs and porn do not necessarily scream innocence.

Rena- a tennis great! 22 at striking distance.
tennnisfannn is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 186
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
Is it just me or is EVERYONE pre-judging Jennifer???

After all of her years on the tennis circuit, her many contributions to the game and her service to the "brand" off womens tennis, a brand she help build with her on court presence and riveting rivalries... she has been virtualy abandoned by the tour that benefited from her popularity and name.

Who wouldnt be pissed off and depressed? After 20 years of hard work, only to be dumped like a sack of potatoes. Saying that, Jennifer has had legit injuries, sever recurring shoulder pain on her right shoulder....these injuries have left her without the ability to come back.

Its pretty pathetic to see members here picking on her and insisting shes on "drugs" or that she is is a crazy headcase. Its really sad and its pathetic. Jennifer is an icon and an inspiration to many who have battled depression, indefference from family and for dissadvantaged youth all over....even she probably doesnt realize her complete impact...but nevertheless its there.

Myself...i was young and i had suffered several losses in terms of family deaths including a mother and grandmother due to cancer....this women's remarkable comeback inspired ME to stop crying and stop feeling sorry for myself, and to pick up a raquet and start playing tennis....over 12 years later i am playing tournaments and i have a ranking in the sport (no small feat for someone who started only at 12) plus i got my life back....thank you jennifer!

So i say to everyone who wants to pick at this woman....dont forget what she has done, dont forget all the positives she brought to our sport that we love, and most importantly, please do not judge her!!!

She is clearly in bad situation and yes tennis is something that she wishes she could do again...she was one of the best and still is!!!

Jennifer get better and we all love you so very much.
It is nice to hear she was such a inspiration for you but you really know nothing about her are her rise thru the tennis ranks. Im not surprise at all that this happen and it is sad but people have choices and the choices they make define who they are or the things that happen to them. I really hope that she gets well and makes better choices in her life because she really is a special girl.
tanman is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Lindsayfan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,612
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

I totally agree with you. TMZ latest reporting is a total disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves. Even if there is any truth to it there is no need for the public to know anymore then what was reported before today.

If Jennifer has sufered from depression so what it's an illness just like any other and can be treated. Jennifer needs our compassion not people sitting and judging her.

People who've been calling Jennifer a headcase should be ashamed and go and take a good hard look at themselves. No one know what future holds and they could end up in the position as Jennifer is in now so no has the right to judge her.
Lindsayfan32 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Capriati Fan
 
Barrie_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Preparing For Baseball
Posts: 161,512
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!


<a href=http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCK7shNTZu8gCFQw2PgodXisBWg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fatpbackspin.blogspot.com%2F2007%2F12%2Ftop-10-modern-olympic-tennis-moments.html&bvm=bv.104819420,d.cWw&psig=AFQjCNE-uVO0MZr3SfnqI_iaGaeknDLepA&ust=1444696940981736 target=_blank><img src=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39938000/jpg/_39938194_capriati203.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>

"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical." Yogi Berra!
Barrie_Dude is online now  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Senior Member
 
vixter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,768
                     
Re: Jennifer Capriati: the real story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennnisfannn View Post
No matter how you spin it drugs and porn do not necessarily scream innocence.
What has innocence got to do with anything?
vixter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome