Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LightWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,497
                     
Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

I remember that last year men 's YEC was the week after women's. This year it is 3 weeks after. Totally unfair.
LightWarrior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Enemy of Art
 
Hurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 13,869
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Unfair because...the tours have nothing to do with each other? And, thus, you mean "not unfair due to their respective irrelevance"?

I am on der Tvitter, accumulating haters. https://twitter.com/Hurleytennis
Hurley is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LightWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,497
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
Unfair because...the tours have nothing to do with each other? And, thus, you mean "not unfair due to their respective irrelevance"?
I love your cynicism. "Nothing to do with each other". Well it's the same, except that they are men and the others are women.
LightWarrior is offline  
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:16 AM
it's just me against the music.
 
In The Zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 25,943
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

You have yet to explain why it is unfair.
In The Zone is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LightWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,497
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
You have yet to explain why it is unfair.
Oh come on it is so obvious. Less rest, therefore less preperation for AO.
LightWarrior is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,590
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

The WTA and ATP are independent of each other.
debopero is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Stanning for Andi
 
nevetssllim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,113
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
Oh come on it is so obvious. Less rest, therefore less preperation for AO.
Yes, I take your point that it must be hard for the guys to have such a long season but it's hardly unfair because it's not like the men and women are in competition with each other.

Hlavackova Benesova Strycova Williams Schiavone Pironkova Koukalova Shvedova Voskoboeva Riske Raymond Petrova Twitter

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Harvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,782
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

lol the tours have NOTHING to do with each other. the calendars are totally seperate besides the slams and a few dual tournaments..

dellacqua • dokic • groth • molik • stosur
holland • mirkovic • moore • rogowska • wejnert
clijsters • hantuchova • jankovic • sharapova • venus
Harvs is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LightWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,497
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Are you all lesbians or what ??? Geezzzz
LightWarrior is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: In Love...
Posts: 9,223
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

I understand you nothingfails999, I don't know why other posters are acting so .

It's UNFAIR because the men will have less of an off season. It's not the WTA's fault in anyway, but it's unfair that men have to play longer. I don't know why that is hard to grasp... then again this is TF...
Marshmallow is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Joana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Yugoslavia
Posts: 11,005
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
Oh come on it is so obvious. Less rest, therefore less preperation for AO.
OK, so if WTA gets cancelled, would it be unfair that men still have to play tennis?
Joana is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LightWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,497
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
OK, so if WTA gets cancelled, would it be unfair that men still have to play tennis?
And if you happen to die will human race survive ?
LightWarrior is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 02:00 AM
*Sesil*
 
KournikovaFan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Éire
Posts: 19,361
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I understand you nothingfails999, I don't know why other posters are acting so .

It's UNFAIR because the men will have less of an off season. It's not the WTA's fault in anyway, but it's unfair that men have to play longer. I don't know why that is hard to grasp... then again this is TF...
How is it unfair, they can take that up with their tour fair and unfair only becomes an issue if the tours come together e.g Slams.
KournikovaFan91 is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Joana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Yugoslavia
Posts: 11,005
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
And if you happen to die will human race survive ?
No. Après moi, le déluge.
Joana is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 02:15 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,389
                     
Re: Why is men's YEC 3 weeks after women's this year ?

The women wanted a longer off-season so the tour gave it to them.

If the men wanted a longer off-season, the ATP would probably give it to them, but I guess they don't mind, so they play longer.
mckyle. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome