Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat" - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Denise4925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Basking in Serena's Glory
Posts: 30,854
                     
Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"
Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:00am EDT
By Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Serena Williams beat Melinda Czink Wednesday to set up a U.S. Open third-round grudge match with Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez, the Spaniard she accused of cheating at the French Open.

Williams beat Martinez Sanchez 4-6 6-3 6-4 in the third round at Roland Garros in May but the left-hander from Barcelona won the opening set after scoring a break with a controversial shot that appeared to have bounced off her arm.

Martinez Sanchez denied the ball had touched her body, leaving Williams furious.

"The rules of tennis are when the ball hits your body, then it's out of play. You lose a point automatically. So the ball hit her body, and therefore, she should have lost the point instead of cheating," Williams said at the time.

"I just have no respect for anybody who can't play a professional game and just be really professional out here."

Wednesday, it was clear time had not changed Williams's take on the incident.

"She was hit, yes," the 27-year-old told reporters, adding that she was looking forward to playing the Spaniard again on hardcourt at her home grand slam.

"She's a tough cookie. She's aggressive," the second seed said. "It will be a good match. It's not on clay, so that will be interesting to see."

(Editing by Peter Rutherford)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...ame=sportsNews

LOL, didn't Serena say last night that she didn't remember playing her when Mary Jo interviewed her?
Denise4925 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 40,129
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

When I read the title of thread, I thought somehow Henin has parachuted in draw and would be Serena's opponent next
tennislover22 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Isha > Your fave
 
Miss Amor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 26,658
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
When I read the title of thread, I thought somehow Henin has parachuted in draw and would be Serena's opponent next
I thought the same too . MJMS is an amateur in the cheating department, when compared to Henin.
Miss Amor is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Senior Member
 
V's a star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,032
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

the one time ill actually cheer for Serena
Shell probably kill her
V's a star is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,466
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Oh YESSSSS!!! Serena will finally get her in the locker room!!! Serena Williams def Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez by walkover caused by (gotten in locker room.)

Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Zweli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,815
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise4925 View Post
Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"
Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:00am EDT
By Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Serena Williams beat Melinda Czink Wednesday to set up a U.S. Open third-round grudge match with Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez, the Spaniard she accused of cheating at the French Open.

Williams beat Martinez Sanchez 4-6 6-3 6-4 in the third round at Roland Garros in May but the left-hander from Barcelona won the opening set after scoring a break with a controversial shot that appeared to have bounced off her arm.

Martinez Sanchez denied the ball had touched her body, leaving Williams furious.

"The rules of tennis are when the ball hits your body, then it's out of play. You lose a point automatically. So the ball hit her body, and therefore, she should have lost the point instead of cheating," Williams said at the time.

"I just have no respect for anybody who can't play a professional game and just be really professional out here."

Wednesday, it was clear time had not changed Williams's take on the incident.

"She was hit, yes," the 27-year-old told reporters, adding that she was looking forward to playing the Spaniard again on hardcourt at her home grand slam.

"She's a tough cookie. She's aggressive," the second seed said. "It will be a good match. It's not on clay, so that will be interesting to see."

(Editing by Peter Rutherford)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...ame=sportsNews

LOL, didn't Serena say last night that she didn't remember playing her when Mary Jo interviewed her?


Serena is so funny,you gotta love her

SERENA
&
VENUS
(The two women that changed the world of Tennis)
Zweli is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
gmokb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,690
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Glad to see I am not the only one who instantly thought of Justin
gmokb is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Kunal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 12,930
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

pounding on the cards

I'm not young enough to know everything.
Kunal is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
KoOlMaNsEaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 49,269
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

I wonder if Serena got her in the lockerroom as she said in the match.
Look for alot of passing shots aimed at the head.

My Forever Fav: Jelena Dokic

Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 40,129
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOlMaNsTeVeN View Post
Look for alot of passing shots aimed at the head.
tennislover22 is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 15,217
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

This should be a fun match. Obviously Serena remembers the match, she'll crush her.

DON'T WAVE YOUR HAND AT ME GURLLL!
Veerror is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,466
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Hope MJMS asks Akgul to be her bodyguard in the locker room.

Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,173
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
I thought the same too . MJMS is an amateur in the cheating department, when compared to Henin.

When will you ever STFU?
Matt01 is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
mauresmofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12,049
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Serena has said a lot of quotable stuff over the years but what she said to Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez at the French cracked me up. I'd say she didn't even grab a shower after the match and just ran for her life!!!!

RIP Elena Baltacha, thank you for dedicating your life to a sport we all love. You'll be missed but never forgotten.
mauresmofan is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
danieln1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 22,804
                     
Re: Serena gets another crack at French Open "cheat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
I thought the same too . MJMS is an amateur in the cheating department, when compared to Henin.


Couldn´t agree more... 2 times Serena was cheated in the French Open, and this will be the second time she´ll get her revenge, in the first one, she trashed her opponent in the wimbledon sf in 2003
danieln1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome