Well lets break it down-
1. Venus- If she had played Brazil, Moscow and Zurich like she was supposed to, along with the champs, she could very well have taken the #1. but i think she needs to regroup, so she cant do it.
2. JCap- Seems lost and confused, will lose the #3 ranking after the OZ. She just doesnt know what to do with herself
3. Monica- She'll get the #3 ranking after OZ if she can keep it up. Will Monica finally get into the shape of her life and win again? Thats a good question, but shes slowly getting in better shape, shes already lost 5 pounds and shes on her way there, but I doubt she could chase the #1 ranking untill next years open, and thats only if she gets fitter.
4. Dokic- A breakdown in waiting. Has waaay to many points to defend, and probably wont do it. Shes too inconsitant, too distracted to do anything. and her #4 ranking should end this week if Monica wins Brazil.
5. Mauresmo- Although I'm not sure about the #1 ranking. She is the biggest threat to the Williams'. Shes determined, her head is there and shes on her way up the rankings. She should be #5 by notime, and by the OZ maybe even 4 or even 3 depending on Monica and JCap. Also i think she wants to win the French next year, look for her.
6. Kim Clijsters- She has the talent, but is too busy rooting for Hewitt and is a health issue. She needs to get surgery, because if she doesnt, she'll be out of the top 10 by OZ.
7. Lindsay Davenport- She could make a run for the #1 spot by wimbledon. Shes definately on her way.
8. Justine Henin- Again talent is there but not consistant.
9. Daniela Hantuchova- was gangraped by Serena. Shes on her way though.
10. Chanda Rubin- Other than Mauresmo, shes the williams' biggest threat, but right now she has to get in to the top 10, which i see happening by OZ.
Order in who can challenge the williams
1. Amelie Mauresmo-shes in good shape
2. Chanda Rubin- diddo
3. Jennifer Capriati- needs to get it together
4. Lindsay Davenport- shes on her way there
5. Monica Seles-keep working with mike and your trainer and you can do it
6. Kim Clijsters-Surgery
7. Martina Hingis- Serve, Serve, Serve
8. Justine Henin- Your on your way there
9. Daniela Hantuchova- Diddo
10. Vera Zvonareva- Look for her