Dies size determine how good you are? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2009, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SV_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,265
                     
Dies size determine how good you are?

Do you personally feel that bigger girls (i.e. Davenport) make better players than skinnier players (i.e. hantuchova).

Personally I think so....... I mean you have pierce, serena, venus, seles, stevenson, dokic, bartoli etc. their ball striking ability when on or just on a regular basis is unmatched, by some of the smaller girls.

Doesnt ball striking ability matter more than, superd athletic ability?
SV_Fan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 27,652
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

It sure helps.

If you're tall and have natural big muscles, you're going to have muhc more power than someone like Nuria Llagostera Vives.

And a lot of players could be top 10/top 20 players if they had a better serve due to their height or more power.
Wiggly is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:08 AM
attack plz
 
:inlove:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: S.W.19
Posts: 14,052
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

hi SV Fan! ! ! ! ! !
:inlove: is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SV_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,265
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Hi : inlove : ! ! ! ! !

SV_Fan is online now  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,600
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Fan View Post
Do you personally feel that bigger girls (i.e. Davenport) make better players than skinnier players (i.e. hantuchova).

Personally I think so....... I mean you have pierce, serena, venus, seles, stevenson, dokic, bartoli etc. their ball striking ability when on or just on a regular basis is unmatched, by some of the smaller girls.

Doesnt ball striking ability matter more than, superd athletic ability?
It definitely helps to be tall, and it probably helps to be more muscular, but I don't think it helps to be bulkier. Looking at which players have dominated throughout the history of women's tennis (and also just tennis in general), I think the ideal body type would be about 6 feet tall, skinny and moderately muscular.

CHECK OUT MY MEGA-THREADS!!!

THE TOP 75 HOTTEST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 10 YEARS

The biggest, most over-researched and most overly drawn-out hot female tennis player thread of all time!!!

THE TOP 50 WORST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 12 YEARS

Meet the players that make Brie Whitehead look like Steffi Graf!!!
AnomyBC is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:34 AM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,666
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

"Dies"? You mean does.

Yes it matters, tennis is also an endurance sport and skinny girls tend not to be able to last as long out there. When Venus is too skinny it affects her stamina. Also in sports, bigger, faster, stronger never hurts.

Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Winner
 
Dave.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,012
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Bartoli is TINY. Seriously I've seen her live and she's a small little thing compared to most others on tour.
Dave. is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Isha > Your fave
 
Miss Amor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 26,619
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Yes!

Those who say 'how you use it is what matters more' have a small penis.
Miss Amor is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
pesto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,485
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

I worked out the average height of 2009 female RG seeds recently - it was about 1.74m or nearly 5' 9". That's nearly 5" taller than average in the developed world.
pesto is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:39 AM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,666
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
Yes!

Those who say 'how you use it is what matters more' have a small penis.
Are you speaking as someone who has no such worries?

Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:43 AM
Isha > Your fave
 
Miss Amor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 26,619
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
Are you speaking as someone who has no such worries?
I have a gigantic E-peeenis
Miss Amor is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Senior Member
 
pesto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,485
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Skinny is great for endurance - look at marathon runners.

But tennis isn't a pure endurance sport - matches can be long, and you might compete daily in week-long tournaments, so it needs an element of endurance, but also the ability to produce bursts of power. So I guess that's why tennis players tend to have a balanced physique - not super-bulky, but not ultra-skinny, either.
pesto is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,666
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
I have a gigantic E-peeenis


Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SV_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,265
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
Yes!

Those who say 'how you use it is what matters more' have a small penis.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Skinny is great for endurance - look at marathon runners.

But tennis isn't a pure endurance sport - matches can be long, and you might compete daily in week-long tournaments, so it needs an element of endurance, but also the ability to produce bursts of power. So I guess that's why tennis players tend to have a balanced physique - not super-bulky, but not ultra-skinny, either.
Look at these women
Davenport: Came on tour 200+ pounds was still whooping hiney
Pierce: Davenport build but shorter
Seles: -19 People still called her fat she weighed in the 130s. 19+ seles was about 150+ and she could wack the heck out of the ball and she didnt have horse stamina.
Venus: I have seen her in person she is not small, she is nicely porpotioned
Serena: Same

But basically Pierce and Davenport they were considered big and look their better than alot of todays and yesterdays players.
SV_Fan is online now  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
 
Slammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L♥ving an Angel
Posts: 14,666
                     
Re: Dies size determine how good you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Fan View Post





Look at these women
Davenport: Came on tour 200+ pounds was still whooping hiney
Pierce: Davenport build but shorter
Seles: -19 People still called her fat she weighed in the 130s. 19+ seles was about 150+ and she could wack the heck out of the ball and she didnt have horse stamina.
Venus: I have seen her in person she is not small, she is nicely porpotioned
Serena: Same

But basically Pierce and Davenport they were considered big and look their better than alot of todays and yesterdays players.
It depends on what year you saw her. Even Venus at her skinniest is around normal size, but to be an athlete she has to be bigger than that. Venus' weight has fluctuated 15 pounds up and down for about 9 years. Her ultra skinny points being summer 2003 when she obviously couldn't train due to injury and 2007 when the anemia was really bad.

Proud Blackjack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome