Re: Womens court scheduling concerns WTA Chief
omg this again?! ok im going to go on another rant now!
1) wimbledon has always done this on the second monday, so why this has become a big deal all of a sudden? ill tell you why, its because of divas like jelena jankovic who really need to get over themselves and get on with it.
2) the wimbledon crowd would rather see mens matches then womens matches. however you may feel about this, its a fact, and you cannot change it , so just accept it
3) its not just about 1 player!!! in case you havent noticed, it takes two players to make a match. venus, serna & jelena's opponents in the 4th round were virtual unknowns in the uk. whereas the 4 female players who played on CC & Court 1 were all seeded and established.
4) the matches on CC & Court 1 were both tight 3 setters - therefore worthy of the big showcourts
5) jankovic has not won a grand slam and has yet to impress at wimbledon, she is way out of her depth. she said she needs a helicopter to get to court 18. thats funny seeing as though court 18 is actually closer to the players dressing room than court 2, which is where she is used to playing! and to say that its like playing in a parking lot is retarted. anyone who has seen court 18 can see that its a nice court and can get a good atmosphere if theres a good match. plus there are players who have had more success than jankovic who have played on that court and didnt complain at all! jankovic has done no favours for herself her in uk, and will probably be put on court 3 for all her matches next year.
6) this gives the fans who cannot afford tickets for CC & Court 1 to watch the playesr close up. Some players obviously do not appreciate this aspect
7) they are tennis players. their main aim is to win matches. why does it matter which court they play on. There was a time when they were nobodies in the game and played on the outside courts all the time so they should be used to it. Playing on CC & Court 1 is a bonus. they should deal with it and get over themselves
... for some reason.