My computer isn't cooperating, so not a lot of pictures yet, plus I'm tired, but I'll try to write down some things I remember, because after tomorrow I will have forgotten.
Benesova vs Chan
I only saw a few rallies of this match, from the first set (was sitting at the top row of court 1 - compromise with my friend who wanted to see that match), but from what I saw, Chan was playing well, making Iveta run, coming up with some good shots. Iveta was getting quite frustrated too. But somehow I never went back that match later, so not a lot to say.
Rus vs Koryttseva
Rus was playing a lot better than when I saw her at Roland Garros 2 weeks ago. Her forehand was strong today, and so was her serve. I'm still amazed at her technique though, I think it screams for injuries
Anyway, I saw the 2nd set only, she went a break up early in that set, but unfortunately she couldn't keep that up and lost it 6-4
But she could keep up with Koryttseva, it does say something about her level.
Lucic vs Tanasugarn
I really wanted to see Mirjana play because I was curious about her level of play now. Didn't disappoint me actually. Her game is quite good, she's powerful (would have liked to see a serve speed meter at that court), she doesn't have a shot that's weaker than the others (maybe her volleys, don't know, don't remember a lot of them). She just goes into errormode sometimes. In the beginning of the match she was making way too many errors, so Tammy went up a break. Then the rain came, and I went to see something else after the rain, came back here when Tanasugarn was leading 4-1 in the 2nd set. Then Lucic started playing amazing, almost no errors. Tammy played well too, but she did make some errors, it got into her head and she lost the set 6-4. Next she broke Mirjana in the first game of the 3rd set, and never gave that break away. It turned into a really exciting match though, close games, both players playing well, and really
wanting to win. Tanasugarn was calm for most of the match, but Lucic....damn, she was annoying
I've never seen a player as pumped up as she was
Seriously, she scared me at some points!
I got a video of her, which I can't upload right now, but I'll do it later. She was still calm there, but you can see the pumpedup-ness anyway.
Saw the 2nd set. Is Vesnina always that negative? She went up 2-0 in the set, and then she just....lost it. She was making throwaway gestures at every shot (and I mean évery shot) she missed. Was quite funny to watch, but of course she wasn't going to win that match that way. All Pin (who btw is indeed seriously cute) had to do was keep the ball in court, and that's something you can trust her to do. She won the set easily, 6-3.
Ok, I saw a LOT of players practice, so just some notes.
* Flavia was hitting well. She practiced with Dinara, sharing a court with Chakvetadze and Sugiyama (a bit surprising, cause on the other court were Schiavone, Errani, Medina and Cirstea) and both were hitting well, but Flavia was the better of the two on the points they played
* Misa practiced with Richard for a while, it was soooooo busy around that court! Didn't really stay to watch though
* Was not impressed with Chakvetadze much
* During Flavia's 2nd practice (uhuh, I was impressed, lots of ppl practiced twice anyway) she saw Medina, Parra and their coaches standing on the other side of the fence, waiting till they could get on the court they reserved, and she started hitting balls to them
From the back over the court, over the high fence, in the middle of where they were standing. She was having a lot of fun with herself then
* Errani and Schiavone make too much noise, lol
* I was the only one around the court who recognised Alexis Gordon
* Medina seemed to be enjoying herself a lot, one of the most relaxed players I saw around
(sorry, bad quality)
The rest is coming....one day.
And more report tomorrow!