Seeing as the QLD State Tennis Centre is due for completion later in the year, I thought I would start a thread for it, as it is the biggest development since the construction of the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre.
When completed, the centre will have:
- 22 international standard tennis courts (16 hardcourts, 4 claycourts and 2 grasscourts)
- A 5500 seat covered Centre Court
- Administrative facilities for Tennis QLD
- Cafes, restaurants, pro shop
- A new ferry terminal
- 390 apartments in the 'Tennyson Reach' development
All in all, the centre has cost $80 million to construct.
Here are some artists impressions of the QLD Tennis Centre:
And of course, the centre will host the Brisbane International from 2009...
Here are some sites of interest:
And some photos of the stadium taking shape