This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eugreene2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,800
                     
This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

As strange as this may sound, Venus will probably have a great year. History has proven that when Venus starts slowly or is injured or has freakish losses at the beginning of the year, she goes on to do some wonderful things. I'm expecting the same from Venus in '08.

I'm not even upset by this start cuz she's coo coo for coco puffs. She's also the only person who has beaten (actually crushed) Sharapova in '08. Expect Venus to pick it up by Miami and go from there. Just watch.
eugreene2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Sylvester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,871
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Another fan in denial...
Sylvester is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Olórin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,635
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Well I guess she can only improve whichever way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alla Luce View Post
(1)A lot is being made of the record Serena has vs Sharapova. It is being used as THE reason she will win again lol. Good thing we have players like Tomas Berdych (who had an even worse record vs Nadal) to remind us of the fallacy of this nonsense logic.
(2)You stans may as well sleep well tonight because tomorrow the a replay of Lucie's winning moment over and over again will haunt your dreams for weeks to come
(3)The stars have aligned perfectly for the upset of the 21st century. All the best Garbine
(4) There is no path to victory for Williams.Keys wins in straight easy sets.
Olórin is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
SharapovaFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,874
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugreene2 View Post
As strange as this may sound, Venus will probably have a great year. History has proven that when Venus starts slowly or is injured or has freakish losses at the beginning of the year, she goes on to do some wonderful things. I'm expecting the same from Venus in '08.

I'm not even upset by this start cuz she's coo coo for coco puffs. She's also the only person who has beaten (actually crushed) Sharapova in '08. Expect Venus to pick it up by Miami and go from there. Just watch.
Venus is getting older. Venus is not going to have a great year at all. She won't even win a Grand Slam or make a Grand Slam final. Some fans on here need a serious reality check. The new crop of young players are starting to really make their mark. The WS era of tennis has passed. When did Venus crush Sharapova btw? Are you speaking of an exhibition?
SharapovaFan16 is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
 
ZeroSOFInfinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,481
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

There's no harm in dreaming....

Your sig picture exceeds the 200 pixel height limit.

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
SunriseSunset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 290
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharapovaFan16 View Post
Venus is getting older. Venus is not going to have a great year at all. She won't even win a Grand Slam or make a Grand Slam final. Some fans on here need a serious reality check. The new crop of young players are starting to really make their mark. The WS era of tennis has passed. When did Venus crush Sharapova btw? Are you speaking of an exhibition?
Do you have a crystal ball or psychic powers? I didn't think so. Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.

People like you are just worried because you know that Venus and Serena will come back this year.

Get Ready.

I Nadal. Serena Williams. Venus Williams

Like: Haas. Tsonga. Kiefer. Bartoli. Mirza. Zheng. Bolleli. Safina. Mauresmo. Monfils.Jie.


Hate: Djokovic. Lubjicic. Sharapova. Murray. Dementieva. Soderling.
SunriseSunset is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 83,058
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Where's Dawn Marie?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
SharapovaFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,874
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseSunset View Post
Do you have a crystal ball or psychic powers? I didn't think so. Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.

People like you are just worried because you know that Venus and Serena will come back this year.

Get Ready.
Why would I be worried? Making a prediction based on what I've seen so far this year has nothing to do with psychic powers scrub. My girl already has 1 Grand Slam title this year. Venus' level of play has obviously dropped and her inconsistent play has become more common. Sure she's one of the top 10 players in the world, but she isn't the threat she once was nor will she ever be again.
SharapovaFan16 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Perseust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Out There
Posts: 14,462
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

well...
i saw that shes gonna win 3 slams this year..!!!

not sure bout the olympics thoough
Perseust is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Destiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18,478
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

I sure hope the rest of the year is good

Come on Venus

GEWT GURL


TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
country flag up!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,049
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

what about 2004 ?
up! is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Dodoboy.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38,958
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

thats what i was thinking to console my self the past week...

But it is hard to try and call years like that!

I agree though!..this slump won't last long!
Dodoboy. is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
bellascarlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 9,129
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Crush? Sharapova? Crush? When? Where? How?

Is it clear to everyone here it was an exhibition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseSunset View Post
Just because it took Princess Sharapova ages to get a third one, doesn't mean everyone else will flop as well.
.
Ages?! Queen Sharapova just won her third slam...at 20 years old. It's not her you should be seeing as a flop nowadays.

Maria Sharapova
bellascarlett is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,830
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Shw will win one big tournament like Montreal, but nothing special.
Lucas_Arg is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
King
 
Viktymise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Flux
Posts: 27,837
                     
Re: This actually means 2008 will be great for Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharapovaFan16 View Post
Why would I be worried? Making a prediction based on what I've seen so far this year has nothing to do with psychic powers scrub. My girl already has 1 Grand Slam title this year. Venus' level of play has obviously dropped and her inconsistent play has become more common. Sure she's one of the top 10 players in the world, but she isn't the threat she once was nor will she ever be again.
She doesn't need to be to beat Sharapova anyway so that's fine.

Grassonkova.
Viktymise is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome