Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
davidmario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,094
                     
Exclamation Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

I wonder what Rennae and Ai are doing. Maybe Rennae's outbursts were too much for Kveta so she decided to split Would be a shame since they are such an agressive team.

any news?
davidmario is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
ChampLindsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,795
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
I wonder what Rennae and Ai are doing. Maybe Rennae's outbursts were too much for Kveta so she decided to split Would be a shame since they are such an agressive team.

any news?
h,!? Rennae's outburst, what she has done??

Lindsay Davenport ~ Daniela Hantuchova ~ Angelique Kerber ~ Andrea Petkovic
ChampLindsay is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:03 PM
-
 
Elwin.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delft
Posts: 26,800
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

huh

Krajicek Bertens Wickmayer Jankovic Kerber Svitolina Hogenkamp de Vroome Flipkens Kerkhove Burger Rus Rezai Bacsinszky / Lena D. missing you
Elwin. is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
davidmario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,094
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

In their AO loss, Rennae was extremely upset and fell on the ground when kveta hit an easy shot into the net or so and you could really see how uncomfortable Kveta felt next to Rennae.
Before that, they were scheduled to play Paris together.
davidmario is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,813
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

Rennae is very emotional on court. Unfortunantly, this makes things a but uncomfortable for her partner.
Rennae argues a lot of line calls, and screams a lot and pumps her fists a lot.... She is very intense, and thus her partner must be able to cope with this.
I personally would feel under much less pressure playing with someone else. Rennae is too intense and puts a lot of pressure on her partners. I think once Kveta plays with someone else, she will feel much more at ease.

Yes, there were a few moments when Kveta missed some shots... and Rennae fell to the ground and put her head down as it Kveta was useless.
And when Rennae wins points she screams and carries on.... pumping her fist and jumping into the air.... its all too much for a partner to take.
Compare this to teams like Yang/Zheng... Garrigues/Ruano-Pascual.... etc... who smile at the same time taking it seriously.

Rennae is just too many antics and emotion, not to mention the expectations she has on her partner.
V.Melb is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
tennisfan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

Kveta--come back to singles!!
tennisfan5 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Farina Elia Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: wales
Posts: 24,128
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

wise decision Kveta
Farina Elia Fan is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
davidmario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,094
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

so srebotnik and kveta won 7-5 6-3.
Let's see how they'll perform in the next rounds.
davidmario is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: '*Happy~Holidays*'
Posts: 129,088
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
so srebotnik and kveta won 7-5 6-3.
Let's see how they'll perform in the next rounds.

Great win!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 580
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

I think Kveta and Kata have teamed up just because Stubbs and Sugi aren't in Paris.
Will be interesting to see how they do here.
esdee is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Member
 
IanRadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Argentina
Posts: 7,170
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

I don't really like the team Sugiyama/Srebotnik. I hope Ai will find someone better and make the number one again
IanRadi is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Senior Member
 
IanRadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Argentina
Posts: 7,170
                     
Re: Paris: Peschke to team up with Srebotnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Melb View Post
Rennae is very emotional on court. Unfortunantly, this makes things a but uncomfortable for her partner.
Rennae argues a lot of line calls, and screams a lot and pumps her fists a lot.... She is very intense, and thus her partner must be able to cope with this.
I personally would feel under much less pressure playing with someone else. Rennae is too intense and puts a lot of pressure on her partners. I think once Kveta plays with someone else, she will feel much more at ease.

Yes, there were a few moments when Kveta missed some shots... and Rennae fell to the ground and put her head down as it Kveta was useless.
And when Rennae wins points she screams and carries on.... pumping her fist and jumping into the air.... its all too much for a partner to take.
Compare this to teams like Yang/Zheng... Garrigues/Ruano-Pascual.... etc... who smile at the same time taking it seriously.

Rennae is just too many antics and emotion, not to mention the expectations she has on her partner.
You mean Suarez/Ruano-Pascual. That was a real doubles pair. Always smiling but doing well in the important moments. Oh, millons of images coming to my mind
IanRadi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome