The Race Top Ten - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,872
                     
The Race Top Ten

1 Sharapova
2 Ivanovic
3 Henin
4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova
6 Vaidisova
7 Kuznetsova
8 Radwanska
9 Venus
9 Serena

In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 700
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post

In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment.
at the the moment, yes, but NOT really representative of the last 12 months.

Justine_Paul-Henri_Elena_Richard_Kim_Joachim_Linsday_Gilles_Tat i
goldenboi356 is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
serenus_2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,966
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

I love the Race, so simple and exciting

heatherwatson laurarobson

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 332
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

What was it this time last year and what did it end up being?
rollup is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
jamatthews's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,377
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollup View Post
What was it this time last year and what did it end up being?

After AO Last Year:

1) Serena Williams
2) Kim Clijsters
3) Maria Sharapova
4) Nicole Vaidisova
5) Jelena Jankovic
6) Shahar Peer
7) Anna Chakvetadze
8) Martina Hingis
9) Li Na
10) Lucie Safarova

After Quebec Last Year:

1) Justine Henin
2) Jelena Jankovic (up 3)
3) Svetlana Kuznetsova
4) Ana Ivanovic
5) Serena Williams (down 4)
6) Anna Chakvetadze (up 1)
7) Venus Williams
=8 Daniela Hantuchova
=8 Maria Sharapova (Down 5)
10) Marion Bartoli

"My advice to anyone planning to watch my matches on live scoring is this: don't do it - it's not good for your health!"
jamatthews is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 332
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamatthews View Post
After AO Last Year:

1) Serena Williams
2) Kim Clijsters
3) Maria Sharapova
4) Nicole Vaidisova
5) Jelena Jankovic
6) Shahar Peer
7) Anna Chakvetadze
8) Martina Hingis
That's right and there's a player that wasn't even in that list that ended up hundreds of points ahead by the end of the season, so I don't really see what the point of this thread is
rollup is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,872
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollup View Post
That's right and there's a player that wasn't even in that list that ended up hundreds of points ahead by the end of the season, so I don't really see what the point of this thread is
Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ....
" In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."
Wow. That seems pretty clear. I don't know why you don't see the point of the thread. I mean this in a good way but, maybe you're really fucking stupid. Don't take it personally, but if you have an IQ of 47, it would explain a lot. Like your posts.

I know. I'll do a quick chart for you

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
2 Ivanovic ..... 2 Ivanovic
3 Henin ........ 3 Kuznetsova
4 Jankovic ..... 4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova ... 5 Sharapova
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus
7 Kuznetsova ... 7 Chakvetadze
8 Radwanska .... 8 Hantuchova
9 Venus ........ 9 Bartoli
9 Serena .......10 Serena

See? The point of the thread is, the first list is a more accurate representation of who's playing better right now than the second list. I can write it slower, if that would help.


Then again, maybe not so surprising. The Race is designed to tell you who's accomplished the most within the calendar. The 12 month rankings are designed as a way to seed tournaments fairly. It's not designed to tell you who playing better.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Perseust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Out There
Posts: 14,614
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ....
" In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."
Wow. That seems pretty clear. I don't know why you don't see the point of the thread. I mean this in a good way but, maybe you're really fucking stupid. Don't take it personally, but if you have an IQ of 47, it would explain a lot. Like your posts.

I know. I'll do a quick chart for you

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
2 Ivanovic ..... 2 Ivanovic
3 Henin ........ 3 Kuznetsova
4 Jankovic ..... 4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova ... 5 Sharapova
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus
7 Kuznetsova ... 7 Chakvetadze
8 Radwanska .... 8 Hantuchova
9 Venus ........ 9 Bartoli
9 Serena .......10 Serena

See? The point of the thread is, the first list is a more accurate representation of who's playing better right now than the second list. I can write it slower, if that would help.


Then again, maybe not so surprising. The Race is designed to tell you who's accomplished the most within the calendar. The 12 month rankings are designed as a way to seed tournaments fairly. It's not designed to tell you who playing better.
ACCURATE??

Radwanska, Kuznetsova, Vaidisova

playing better than SERENA(hopman Cup)
and Venus(hong kong)

Perseust is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,184
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

If you want to know who played best at the AO, you can look at the Race Rankings. Otherwise the Race is pretty much useless at this point.
Matt01 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus
 
The Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 35,210
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ....
" In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."
Wow. That seems pretty clear. I don't know why you don't see the point of the thread. I mean this in a good way but, maybe you're really fucking stupid. Don't take it personally, but if you have an IQ of 47, it would explain a lot. Like your posts.

I know. I'll do a quick chart for you

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
2 Ivanovic ..... 2 Ivanovic
3 Henin ........ 3 Kuznetsova
4 Jankovic ..... 4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova ... 5 Sharapova
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus
7 Kuznetsova ... 7 Chakvetadze
8 Radwanska .... 8 Hantuchova
9 Venus ........ 9 Bartoli
9 Serena .......10 Serena

See? The point of the thread is, the first list is a more accurate representation of who's playing better right now than the second list. I can write it slower, if that would help.


Then again, maybe not so surprising. The Race is designed to tell you who's accomplished the most within the calendar. The 12 month rankings are designed as a way to seed tournaments fairly. It's not designed to tell you who playing better.
Well du'h! Of course the rankings that only take into account the last month give the best idea of who plays best at the moment (especially if there's a slam in that period). But what's the point? Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.


If only I was sure that my head on the door was a dream
The Crow is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,301
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sala_ryan View Post
ACCURATE??

playing better than SERENA(hopman Cup)
and Venus(hong kong)

erm.. exhibitions....

Mikey B is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 332
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
Well du'h! Of course the rankings that only take into account the last month give the best idea of who plays best at the moment (especially if there's a slam in that period). But what's the point? Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.

My point exactly, except I got the abusive reply

Does this mean that you are "fucking stupid" also (as I was called by the OP)?

Last edited by rollup; Feb 4th, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
rollup is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 332
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
If you want to know who played best at the AO, you can look at the Race Rankings. Otherwise the Race is pretty much useless at this point.
Do you also have an IQ of 47?
rollup is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
DragonFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Groningen
Posts: 15,671
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
Well du'h! Of course the rankings that only take into account the last month give the best idea of who plays best at the moment (especially if there's a slam in that period). But what's the point? Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.

exactly, what's the point in making this thread if most players only played 1 or 2 tournies. Off course the winner of the biggest tournie played the best then! standard going down volcana

All-Time-Great
Justine Henin

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Harvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,781
                     
Re: The Race Top Ten

great players in the race so far!!

dellacqua • dokic • groth • molik • stosur
holland • mirkovic • moore • rogowska • wejnert
clijsters • hantuchova • jankovic • sharapova • venus
Harvs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome