Justine Henin- Becoming "The greatest of them all"? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Justine Henin- Becoming "The greatest of them all"?

I used to hate Justine Henin until her results really struck me and say "I'm the best female tennis player in the world.

If you look at her physique, Its realy hard to imagine she will dominate everyone but that is what really happening in WTA right now. In every tournament she enters its very safe and bankable to put your money she will win the whole thing. And to much extent, You can still bet her to bag everything even with the players who used to own her are in the field.

There are few players I can think of who can stop her, buts easier to say than done.

1. Serena Williams- I think it happens to top players to lose your confidence onced you lose everytime you meet. I wonder when she will bounced back.
2. Lindsay Davenport- She always had the chance to beat her but always come's short.
3. Venus Williams- This is a question mark, but how can you think Venus will win if she can't win tier 3's and Justine is winning tier 1's and 2's.
4. Amelie Mauresmo- Will she ever be consistent?

Justine has 7 slams and I'm afraid she is just in mid part of her career.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena

Last edited by QUEENLINDSAY; Oct 15th, 2007 at 10:35 PM.
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,115
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Nice thread! But why be afraid that she is only in the middle of her career?
treufreund is offline  
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Conor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 4,106
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

She is rather fabulous isnt she...

Conor is offline  
post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treufreund View Post
Nice thread! But why be afraid that she is only in the middle of her career?
Let's just say, I'm not really a fan of her and I'm afraid it will take longer for someone to stop her. Her 7 slams count will continue and its not really my liking. But Do I have a choice? NO!

Also, I might be afraid of more threads comming up in 2008 saying, who's the best of her generation.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 288
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONOR View Post
She is rather fabulous isnt she...
Without a shadow of a doubt .....

taddict is offline  
post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 217
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENLINDSAY View Post
I used to hate Justine Henin until her results really struck me and say "I'm the best female tennis player in the world.

If you look at her physique, Its realy hard to imagine she will dominate everyone but that is what really happening in WTA right now. In every tournament she enters its very safe and bankable to put your money she will win the whole thing. And to much extent, You can still bet her to bag everything even with the players who used to own her are in the field.

There are few players I can think of who can stop her, buts easier to say than done.

1. Serena Williams- I think it happens to top players to lose your confidence onced you lose everytime you meet. I wonder when she will bounced back.
2. Lindsay Davenport- She always had the chance to beat her but always come's short.
3. Venus Williams- This is a question mark, but how can you think Venus will win if she can't win tier 3's and Justine is winning tier 1's and 2's.
4. Amelie Mauresmo- Will she ever be consistent?

Justine has 7 slams and I'm afraid she is just in mid part of her career.

Serena, Venus and Amelie each have won slams in the last 18 months.
Lindsay hasn't won a slam in the last 92 months ....
micah63 is offline  
post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah63 View Post

Serena, Venus and Amelie each have won slams in the last 18 months.
Lindsay hasn't won a slam in the last 92 months ....

What is your point?

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 2,603
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENLINDSAY View Post
Let's just say, I'm not really a fan of her and I'm afraid it will take longer for someone to stop her. Her 7 slams count will continue and its not really my liking. But Do I have a choice? NO!

Also, I might be afraid of more threads comming up in 2008 saying, who's the best of her generation.
It is not as if she won 7 slams in two years, is it? From 2004 till this year she had 'only' been winning one slam per year. That's not the record of someone who could be the greatest of them all.

In other words, you are exaggerating way too much.
cecilija is offline  
post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Senior Member
 
pigam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: belgium
Posts: 7,426
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

well, she is really good. However, plenty of players can beat her. And she knows/realises it. That's why she is/stays good. That's why I admire her.

We'll see. Tennis is tennis, and also she can slump. ATM, she's doing great, but wait untill she doesn't get to the finals, and people will be calling her "only a claycourter" all over again

She'll just be one of these players who'll have to prove herself day in day out. Again, we'll see. Plenty of players can beat her, but she can beat plenty of players ... (wasn't that philosophical )

J u s t i n e x p l i c a b l e


Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline  
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 217
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENLINDSAY View Post
What is your point?

Lindsay is no danger anymore.
Hopefully she can make top 20 again.
micah63 is offline  
post #11 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilija View Post
It is not as if she won 7 slams in two years, is it? From 2004 till this year she had 'only' been winning one slam per year. That's not the record of someone who could be the greatest of them all.

In other words, you are exaggerating way too much.
I might be exagerating but not too much. But I put question mark as the greatest of them all isnt' it?

Well lets see, if you dis-agree, Who do you think can stop her from YEC, AO and RG - The next 3 majors titles.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
post #12 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah63 View Post
Lindsay is no danger anymore.
Hopefully she can make top 20 again.
If you really believed she can't do any damage anymore, its your choice.

But I for one, will put her on top players of my list than can beat Henin on a good day in a major tournament but its easier than done as I have said.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
post #13 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 288
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

All it takes is a "bad day at the office" as they say and anyone can beat her. I personally think Venus, Serena and Ana I will trouble her at the YEC . I hope not, but they certainly can. If Sveta plays anything like she played against Serena when she beat her, then she can trouble her as well
taddict is offline  
post #14 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
QUEENLINDSAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 6,496
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam View Post
well, she is really good. However, plenty of players can beat her. And she knows/realises it. That's why she is/stays good. That's why I admire her.

We'll see. Tennis is tennis, and also she can slump. ATM, she's doing great, but wait untill she doesn't get to the finals, and people will be calling her "only a claycourter" all over again

She'll just be one of these players who'll have to prove herself day in day out. Again, we'll see. Plenty of players can beat her, but she can beat plenty of players ... (wasn't that philosophical )
I used to be one of those tennis fans who can't admit she is dominating.
Its definitely un-imaginable to see her dominant over power hitters but Justine's work ethics is very admirable. Her capabilities are limitless. her results speaks volumes.

QUEEN LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline  
post #15 of 152 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 45,426
                     
Re: Justine Henin- The greatest of them all?

a Lindsay-fan adoring Justine...hmmm...well, well..

Always bet on black!
Can you handle the truth?
The truth:
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
22 majors:6376


Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome