Well, it is subjective because it depends entirely where you live. If you're in America the Williamses are way bigger stars than if you live in Britain, I'm sure Ivanovic & JJ are bigger stars in Serbia, it's all about nationality and is different everywhere.
Given I'm in Britain and we have no national biases towards players here's my thoughts on the star power in this country :
#1 : Sharapova
- It's not even close. She owns the tabloid interest in the sport over here, I live in Birmingham and she is the sole face of the tournament at the Priory Club. Played all her matches on show courts at Wimbledon this year.
#2/3 : Venus/Serena
- Venus because she always wins Wimbledon, Serena because she does talk shows like Jonathan Ross when she comes over. Neither drop below court 2 at Wimbledon.
#4/5 : Henin/Mauresmo
- Henin on talent, this may shock but for example my brother has very little interest in the sport and I was watching the Toronto final and he came round and he didn't have a clue who Henin was (she's been the opposite of media-savvy until this year). Mauresmo is very recognisable and has the game to suit grass, former Wimbledon champion so I'm sure Eastbourne would have a heart attack if she didn't come. Both played only 1 match off the show courts in the first 4 rounds of Wimbledon.
#6 : Jankovic
- Didn't go lower than court 2 in singles this year, add in the mixed doubles win watched by more people than saw the Ladies' final, the column inches about her and Murray, for now at least she's right up there but at the beginning of the tournament the top brass at SW19 preferred Sharapova vs a Thai doubles player for Centre Court over the #3 seed vs. a British player which they dumped to court 2.
Before the mixed run she was probably around Hingis.
#7 : Davenport
- Very recognisable still, former champion, if she gets back to top 10 she'd be above JJ but for *this* year right now the circumstances are exceptional and she's probably below her right now over here.
#8 : Hingis
- Still hot stuff after all these years, losing her star power though with disappointing results here as if she couldn't even get a show court at Wimbledon this year playing a British player whilst being ranked in the top 10...
#9 : Hantuchova
- Took over from Kournikova & Schett as the one player the BBC was guaranteed to show multiple matches of in the first week of Wimbledon, gets fans to the smaller courts and has very vocal following. Gets given Court 2 against unseeded Likhovtseva (only Venus and Sharapova got better courts that day) and 13 against Srebotnik with only JJ, Henin and Serena getting better courts.
#10 : Ivanovic
- She packed out court 13 but didn't make centre court until the QF. Got court 13 behind Venus/Morigami on 2, Dani/Serena on 1 and Justine/Patty on Centre for her 3rd round match. Got court 2 v Petrova when JJ/Bartoli and Amelie/Nicole made the show courts for her 4th round match. She's only been news since the French Open over here but very much on the way up.