A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
RayRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 3,073
                     
A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

Hi,

I have this urge to go to Wimbledon to see what the atmosphere is like on the day of the Ladies Final day (assuming weather is good). I was just wondering if any of you die hard queuers would know what time I would need to queue up on Ladies final day in order to get a ground pass?

My first option is to try and buy a ticket from ticket master, but if that fails (which it might) I wouldn't want to think I've wasted the price of a train ticket only to stay home and watch it.

I know it seems early in the week to be asking about this, but I have to plan ahead if I want the cheapest train tickets!

So, what time is the latest time that I could get there for? (It takes two hours for me to get to London...so, the later the better really.)

Thanks in advance for the help.
RayRob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,147
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

we got there at 10.30 last year and got in handy enough. If you're there between 9-10 you should be fine, the ground capacity is 33,000 so I can't imagine it being packed by then.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT
dav abu is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 07:54 PM
She came to play.......
 
sharapovarulz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 7,519
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

I would love to be there on Ladies final day!

Stosur/Pironkova/Robson/Govortsova/Kuznetsova/Safina/GB Girls
U.Radwanska/K.Bondarenko/A.Bondarenko/Azarenka/Mauresmo/A.Radwanska

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,147
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

I have to say if you are a big fan it is well worth it.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT
dav abu is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRob View Post
Hi,

I have this urge to go to Wimbledon to see what the atmosphere is like on the day of the Ladies Final day (assuming weather is good). I was just wondering if any of you die hard queuers would know what time I would need to queue up on Ladies final day in order to get a ground pass?

My first option is to try and buy a ticket from ticket master, but if that fails (which it might) I wouldn't want to think I've wasted the price of a train ticket only to stay home and watch it.

I know it seems early in the week to be asking about this, but I have to plan ahead if I want the cheapest train tickets!

So, what time is the latest time that I could get there for? (It takes two hours for me to get to London...so, the later the better really.)

Thanks in advance for the help.
viva la ticketmaster
Depending on who makes the final, I may be doing that too.
SJW is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,661
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW View Post
viva la ticketmaster
Depending on who makes the final, I may be doing that too.
yeah same..if its an all williams final then i will go 100%...only i'll be getting the tickets from richard williams
Agape is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tutu- View Post
yeah same..if its an all williams final then i will go 100%...only i'll be getting the tickets from richard williams
Oh. OK.
SJW is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
RayRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 3,073
                     
Re: A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav abu View Post
we got there at 10.30 last year and got in handy enough. If you're there between 9-10 you should be fine, the ground capacity is 33,000 so I can't imagine it being packed by then.
Thanks for this info. I was going to catch a train after 9am cos it's cheaper....but I can probably get there for about 10.30am. The thing is, I have to return home at a set time for a cheaper train ticket - I'm just a bit worried I might not end up getting in and have no way of watching the final or getting back home until late. LOL. But I really wanna go - decisions, decisions. Perhaps I should just buy the train ticket, attempt to do the ticket master thing...if all else fails, try a ground pass and take a little hand held TV with me!
RayRob is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome