Ok Seriously what is going on...? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,996
                     
Ok Seriously what is going on...?

why are Venus and Serena drawing each other so early in every single draw they both are in....it is just getting beyond ridiculous...from miami 05, wimbledon 05, us open05, miami07, charleston 07...it's like every time they both are in a tournament they draw each other

its really pissing me off and Serena better not lose to Venus or I am going to be freaking pissed.....

ok I feel better now
Brooks. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM
On tour
 
DutchieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: my own Dutchie world
Posts: 152,959
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

5 tournaments that they actually played, and together. (joking). It's just how the draws go. It'd help them more if they were seeded 1 & 2 though - or even top 4 - then they wouldn't have to meet until SF at least.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...10/sheadam.jpg

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Senior Member
 
rjd1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 3,643
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeReeFan View Post
why are Venus and Serena drawing each other so early in every single draw they both are in....it is just getting beyond ridiculous...from miami 05, wimbledon 05, us open05, miami07, charleston 07...it's like every time they both are in a tournament they draw each other

its really pissing me off and Serena better not lose to Venus or I am going to be freaking pissed.....

ok I feel better now

Randomly of course.
rjd1111 is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Senior Member
 
AJZ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,775
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

And they only actually played twice of those four you mentionned

Things happen

Hantuchova/Sugiyama def. (1) Black/Huber 6-7(0) 6-3 7-6(10) saving SEVEN match points, down 2-5 in the third, and down 2-6 in the third set tiebreak in three hours

Ai Sugiyama. Jie Zheng. Zi Yan. Tamira Paszek.
Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
AJZ. is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hingis-seles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,135
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.

Haters!!!111!1

FUCK YOU, SEWTA.
[/SIZE]
hingis-seles is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Okay... seriously, another *separate thread* on this?




"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
On tour
 
DutchieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: my own Dutchie world
Posts: 152,959
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.

Haters!!!111!1
breathe in-breathe out!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...10/sheadam.jpg

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 19,977
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.
I know! I'm like so sick of Hyperova. I mean... what the fuck has she done? Won 2 slams with luckyass draws.




"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,996
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Don't you know the draws are rigged because all the officials in tennis are racist? Those bastards. That also explains all of Kim's catwalk draws. Now, Maria gets all the catwalk draws. Maybe because the cheating officials think Maria is the closest thing tennis has to a supermodel.

Haters!!!111!1
ok

1. Im not saying anyone's racist
2. Im not suggesting that anything is rigged
3. I don't care what draws Sharapova or Clijsters get

I was just frustrated that my two favorites drew each other yet again early in a tournament..especially since I have tickets for the semis and final and I was hoping there would be a possibility that they might be able to play each other later on

oh and you're really not as funny as you think you are...
Brooks. is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:24 AM
#ImWithHer
 
Brooklyn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,764
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

They know it's not a real good chance they will meet in the finals, like they once did. So they want a all Williams match up, and they put them close in the draw to get it.

Brooklyn90 is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
hingis-seles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,135
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
breathe in-breathe out!
Leslie's retarded comment was the first thing I thought of when I entered this thread. You're old school so you know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
I know! I'm like so sick of Hyperova. I mean... what the fuck has she done? Won 2 slams with luckyass draws.
It's because she's the fucking Great White Hope that she gets catwalk draws. I mean, we all know that Ree was only 0.003% at Wimbledon '04 and Juju was 1.3% at the US Open last year (She didn't even 'Allez!' much!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeReeFan View Post
ok

1. Im not saying anyone's racist
2. Im not suggesting that anything is rigged
3. I don't care what draws Sharapova or Clijsters get

I was just frustrated that my two favorites drew each other yet again early in a tournament..especially since I have tickets for the semis and final and I was hoping there would be a possibility that they might be able to play each other later on

oh and you're really not as funny as you think you are...
Your thread title suggests you asked for opinions on the situation but now you claim you were just venting your frustration. Confused much? As for drawing each other early, on a serious note, could their respective rankings have anything to do with it? You'd have to be mentally retarded not to grasp that concept. This is a completely pointless thread.

FUCK YOU, SEWTA.
[/SIZE]
hingis-seles is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:41 AM
#ImWithHer
 
Brooklyn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,764
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmakemesick View Post
LOL being a moron is a genetic trait... C'mpn now... venus has a poo ranking... serena, considering her talent and results, does as well


so pacomexican my illiterate friend 1+1=2.... Stop the madness and conspiracy theory train right now ok? I mean right now... ya right now.......
Wow what a great first post!
And your post makes no sense of to what I stated in my post, maybe you should learn how to read a little bit better.

Brooklyn90 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 06:08 AM
On tour
 
DutchieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: my own Dutchie world
Posts: 152,959
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Leslie's retarded comment was the first thing I thought of when I entered this thread. You're old school so you know what I'm talking about.
I know.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...10/sheadam.jpg

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Senior Member
 
tennnisfannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,308
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

because they are sisters, the match up stands out. But consider this, how many times did serena draw jen in the quarters, as early as their seeding allowed. How many times did Kim draw hingis in the quaters, not to mention petrova and maria, stosur and amelie, ana and amelie etc.

Rena- a tennis great! 22 at striking distance.
tennnisfannn is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
lecciones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marti-Party Bar
Posts: 2,099
                     
Re: Ok Seriously what is going on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
breathe in-breathe out!
lol :P

Well two factors could be really important: their rank and the last tournaments they played. Serena and Venus play more events this year and their ranks go higher, they won't be meeting much anymore. Right now thats what happens when you haven't played much tournies for the past months and your ranking isn't high. Your chances of being drawn in the same quarter are very high.

Martina Hingis Princess of the WTA!
43 Singles Titles 37 Doubles Titles 1 Mixed Doubles Title
Singles: TI-17 TII-15 TIII-4 Doubles: TI-13 TII-13; 26 S-RUP 14 D-RUP
5 Singles Grandslams, 9 Doubles Grandslam, 1 Mixed Grandslam
2x Single, 2x Double WTA Tour Championships Winner (2 S-RUP)
209 weeks at no.1 (4th place, max consecutive: 80&73), 3x no.1 year ender
No.1 both in singles & doubles for 35 weeks. (1 of 5)
Calendar Doubles Grandslam Winner (1 of 4)/Rank 4 or higher - 6 straight yrs

Chris Evert Queen of the WTA!
18 Singles Grandslams (record 7 French) 16 Singles Grandslams Runner-up
157 Singles Titles, 7x no.1 year ender (never ranked lower than 4 in career: 18 yrs)
0.9 win ratio, 90% SF or better, 125 match win streak on clay

Last edited by lecciones; Apr 8th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.
lecciones is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome