We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!! - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eugreene2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,800
                     
We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Some will wonder how I can say this but THIS MATCH GIVES HOPE FOR ROLAND GARROS. Miami is a slow hardcourt AND Serena has now seen Justine's best. LET'S ROCK & ROLL! Afterall, Serena is our only hope at Roland Garros because absolutely no other player has any plans of standing up to Justine!
eugreene2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Tennisation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,870
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

miss Venus Williams (who owns a spankin 7-1 lead over clay queen) would like to have a talk with you

Last edited by Tennisation; Mar 31st, 2007 at 11:49 PM.
Tennisation is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2007, 11:47 PM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,515
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

everyone that has faced JH on clay for the past couple years has folded...I don't see either of them doing that...but more so Serena than Venus....she's tougher

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
DemWilliamsGulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 4,840
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
miss Venus Williams (who owns a spankin 7-1 lead over clay queen) would like to have a talk with you
I REALLLLY want Venus to come back and win the French..she's never won it..but she's gotta get focused though...cut back on those unforced errors...hopefully Serena's win will inspire her...come on back big sister!

Venus and Serena ....Often imitated NEVER duplicated!!!!!!!
DemWilliamsGulls is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM
Senior Member
 
:inlove:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: S.W.19
Posts: 14,048
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAmWiLlIaMs View Post
everyone that has faced JH on clay for the past couple years has folded...I don't see either of them doing that...but more so Serena than Venus....she's tougher
Apart from Schnyder & Petrova.
:inlove: is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,389
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugreene2 View Post
Some will wonder how I can say this but THIS MATCH GIVES HOPE FOR ROLAND GARROS. Miami is a slow hardcourt AND Serena has now seen Justine's best. LET'S ROCK & ROLL! Afterall, Serena is our only hope at Roland Garros because absolutely no other player has any plans of standing up to Justine!
Ithink Petrova, Vaidisova, Peer and Hingis will do well on clay this year. Serena can't play the way she played today against Henin on clay. She will get killed.
starin is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Tenis Srbija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Belgrade/Zemun
Posts: 14,011
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Serena's nail victory over Justine on fast court is a reason for hope on winning Roland Garros ???

Go back to wherever you crawled out from...
Tenis Srbija is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:45 AM
Rena's Army
 
BuTtErFrEnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "The Terror of Veerror"
Posts: 34,515
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-And-Happenin View Post
Apart from Schnyder & Petrova.
yea but Schnyder for one isn't playing anywhere near a level that could beat me lol...and Petrova doesn't seem to be in damaging form this year...we will just have to see how next week at Amelia Island goes before we say something

Raúl hasta siempre capitán ♥♥♥


I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,389
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
Serena's nail victory over Justine on fast court is a reason for hope on winning Roland Garros ???

Go back to wherever you crawled out from...
actually Miami is not a fast court. Its a slow hard court. At least that's what all the players have been saying. The consensus from what I heard players say is that Miami is actually playing slower than IW which is also a slow hard court. USO is a fast hardcourt. Why not have hope? Serena beat Justine after losing the first 6-0 and down match points. Serena beat justine without her best tennis. Her serve was gone and she was constantly misfiring with her backhand, which is her most consistent shot (after her serve which was also poor).
starin is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:50 AM
Senior Member
 
:inlove:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: S.W.19
Posts: 14,048
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAmWiLlIaMs View Post
yea but Schnyder for one isn't playing anywhere near a level that could beat me lol...and Petrova doesn't seem to be in damaging form this year...we will just have to see how next week at Amelia Island goes before we say something
Hmmm well Nadia won Paris, almost beat Serena 1 & 4 , had a very tough one against Justine...I'd say she's in pretty good form! Patty sucks this year. But she likes the green clay so we'll see.
:inlove: is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Tenis Srbija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Belgrade/Zemun
Posts: 14,011
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
actually Miami is not a fast court. Its a slow hard court. At least that's what all the players have been saying. The consensus from what I heard players say is that Miami is actually playing slower than IW which is also a slow hard court. USO is a fast hardcourt. Why not have hope? Serena beat Justine after losing the first 6-0 and down match points. Serena beat justine without her best tennis. Her serve was gone and she was constantly misfiring with her backhand, which is her most consistent shot (after her serve which was also poor).
Miami is a lot faster than IW. You can see that by noumber of breakes and aces, and there are like zillion more of those in Key Biscayne than Indian Wells. And still, hard court is waaaaaaaay opposite from clay! I mean have you ever played on it ? What you are trying to say is just RUBISH...

JuJu on clay, and JuJu on hardcourts two different persons... So this gives no hope WHAT SO EVER for Serena winning RG!
Tenis Srbija is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,389
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
Miami is a lot faster than IW. You can see that by noumber of breakes and aces, and there are like zillion more of those in Key Biscayne than Indian Wells. And still, hard court is waaaaaaaay opposite from clay! I mean have you ever played on it ? What you are trying to say is just RUBISH...

JuJu on clay, and JuJu on hardcourts two different persons... So this gives no hope WHAT SO EVER for Serena winning RG!
of course clay is different than hardcourt I never said they were the same. But you said that Miami was a fast hard court which it is not. I mean its hard to tell court speed from the TV so I can't make my own personal opinion on it. But a lot of the male players and tv commentators have been saying that Miami has been playing slow this year and more slowly than IW. And I trust their opinion (since they actually play on both surfaces) more than any stat. So you can believe whatever you want but I'll trust the opinions of the pros on this issue. And serena can beat Justine on clay. Justine is not invincible on that surface.
starin is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,849
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

lets wait patiently ...
Emina. is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Senior Member
 
DutchieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: my own Dutchie world
Posts: 152,959
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

@ tenis Srbija... dude the PLAYERS themselves said that IW was slower...or do you think they don't know wtf they are talking about when it's their trade?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...10/sheadam.jpg

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,389
                     
Re: We now have official hope for Roland Garros!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
@ tenis Srbija... dude the PLAYERS themselves said that IW was slower...or do you think they don't know wtf they are talking about when it's their trade?
thank you!! that's what I'm talking about. If the players say its slower than its slower.
starin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome