Re: Post Random Interesting or Pointless WTA tennis facts!
* In 1998, Dominique Monami had back-to-back wins over No.1 Hingis and No.5 V. Williams; win over Hingis ended her reign at No. 1 after 80 weeks.
* In 2000, at Sydney, upset world No. 10 Coetzer after trailing 60 52, winning 06 75 64 (ret. during QF match with a hamstring injury); upset Coetzer again at Indian Wells after l. the first set 61.
* In 2000, was off the tour for about two months in the spring due to mother's illness and death.
* In her third tournament after returning, stunned world No. 2 Davenport 1r at Roland Garros on her 27th birthday, only the second time since 1925 that the No. 2 seed had l. 1r, and handed Davenport her first Grand Slam 1r loss in seven years.
* Finalist at Eastbourne, d. top seed and world No. 2 Davenport in the QF to become one of five players to d. Davenport in back-to-back matches.
* 3 Belgian female players have lost their mothers as a child and to cancer: Justine, Yanina Wickmayer and Dominique Monami.
Ju Henin Tamaryn Hendler Yanina Wickmayer Kim Clijsters
* Justine De Sutter * Marie Benoit * Klaartje Liebens * Kim Stubbe *
* Patty Schnyder * Dinara Safina * Elena Dementieva * Vika Azarenka * Katarina Srebotnik * Dominica Cibulkova * Ashley Harkleroad * Sabine Lisicki * Nicole Vaidisova * Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova * Sesil Karatantcheva *