¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ??? - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
XINYUN-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 29,523
                     
Exclamation ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Hi ! someone know what is the schedule from tennis on Asian Games ? Will CCTV-5 (chrison ? ) or any online channel show the final ?

Thx

Please "like" my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AGFfotografia

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
XINYUN-GOAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
pierce0415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 9,812
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Hi adri
I thought Eurosport was supposed to show it
pierce0415 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
XINYUN-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 29,523
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Hello Will !

Eurosport is showing Asian Games. But I think the won't show tennis. I didn't see it on the schedule

Please "like" my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AGFfotografia

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
XINYUN-GOAT is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
pierce0415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 9,812
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrygf View Post
Hello Will !

Eurosport is showing Asian Games. But I think the won't show tennis. I didn't see it on the schedule
really that sucks

On a TV near you
Monday, 20 November, 2006
The eye of the world will be on the 15th Asian Games thanks to a 60-country television contract
Billed as the Games of your Life, the 15th Asian Games Doha 2006, in the view of Patrick Furlong, Director of Broadcasting & Media Services for the Doha Asian Games Organising Committee (DAGOC), will raise the bar to new heights.

“It is going to get a broader coverage than any previous Asian Games; it is going to be more comprehensively covered from a host broadcast point of view than any other Asian Games and it is going to set new standards, simple as that,” Furlong insisted.

“I think it is going to benchmark the Asian Games and raise the bar and challenges for all coming Games” A bold statement, but it is easy to see why Furlong is so positive about these Games.

These will be the first Asian Games to be broadcast live in Europe, satellite channel Eurosport having come on board full of enthusiasm to showcase not only the traditional Olympic sports on the schedule, but also the traditional Asian ones too.

Sepaktakraw is one such sport that seems to have captured their imagination with Furlong putting this down to them “looking for the slightly quirky side of Asian sport, things that are not common in Europe.”

Whatever their reason, as Furlong admits, Eurosport’s involvement is “a real breakthrough for the Asian Games” and the channel will broadcast as many sessions live as they can, recording any that run concurrently to show at a later time.

It is not only the Eurosport coverage, however – described by Furlong as “a nice surprise” – that is a step forward for the 15th Asian Games, with SBS Australia showing a full coverage of the Opening Ceremony, news highlights and a weekly two hour highlights programme.


Covering 60 countries
this news service will actually be transmitted to every television station in the world
Games coverage will reach all 45 countries and regions that are represented in the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), with other bonuses being a rights-sale to both the United States and South America, the latter in Venezuela.

This amounts to live coverage in more than 60 countries, although there is also the production of a five-minute daily news service by Sports News Television (SNTV) which, by agreement with Reuters, will then be distributed via both their international networks.

In effect, therefore, this news service will actually be transmitted to every television station in the world and ultimately help the 15th Asian Games to reach a potential audience of around three billion people worldwide.

Realistically Furlong believes a high of 1.5bn will be a good target to aim for, with some of the largest audiences expected to come from China Central Television and DDI India, who both have base audiences of more than one billion.

Coverage is expected to peak for the athletics, swimming and gymnastics finals, although different sports will appeal more to certain countries, for example hockey in India, badminton in Indonesia and the marathon and race walking in Japan among other countries and regions.

Overall the busiest day, according to Furlong, is expected to be Tuesday 5 December, with around 35 feeds coming into the International Broadcast Centre. Twenty-five of these will be single sport feeds, with the likes of gymnastics having potentially six feeds.

But the emphasis is not purely on quantity but quality too, as Furlong explains, “The objective of the original broadcast plan I presented to DAGOC was to produce and present the Asian Games to a world audience with world class coverage.”

This has meant hiring a professional Host Broadcast company (DAGBS) which has provided crews who have covered world championships or Olympic Games in their specialist sport. Even if they are covering three sports, they will have in-depth knowledge of two besides their specialist sport.

What also stands the 15th Asian Games in good stead is the preparation and planning put in DAGOC and DAGBS, highlighted by the fact that the first World Broadcaster Meeting took place 15 months ago and provided comprehensive information that allowed Broadcast Rights Holders to prepare and plan properly for these Games.

Furlong was Head of Sport for the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) at the time of the Asian Games Bangkok 1998 and it was his experiences there which alerted him to the untapped potential of the Games from a broadcasting perspective and set him on the road to Doha.
pierce0415 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Team WTAworld
 
Modiac.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,235
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

adrygf&Will,
CCTV5 will possibly show finals if any Chinese player is alive.(Plz Jie&Na )

         ┏┓    ┏┓ 
┏━┳━┳━━┳━┫┗┳━┳━┫┗┓
┃┣┫┃┃┃┃┃┻┫┃┃━┃┣┫ ┫
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Team WTAworld
 
Modiac.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,235
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Guys,I got a good news just now.
CCTV5 will show Na vs Iroda on tape from tomorrow 2:10 local time(GMT+8)!!

         ┏┓    ┏┓ 
┏━┳━┳━━┳━┫┗┳━┳━┫┗┓
┃┣┫┃┃┃┃┃┻┫┃┃━┃┣┫ ┫
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛

Last edited by Modiac.; Dec 11th, 2006 at 02:22 PM.
Modiac. is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
XINYUN-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 29,523
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison View Post
adrygf&Will,
CCTV5 will possibly show finals if any Chinese player is alive.(Plz Jie&Na )
Oh that's great Fingers crossed I think one of them at least will reach final. Zheng is favourite against Nakamura. Also for Li against Mirza, although maybe will be hard because Sania is playing so well.

Please "like" my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AGFfotografia

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
XINYUN-GOAT is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Slumpsova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: home
Posts: 15,012
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce0415 View Post
really that sucks

On a TV near you
Monday, 20 November, 2006
The eye of the world will be on the 15th Asian Games thanks to a 60-country television contract
Billed as the Games of your Life, the 15th Asian Games Doha 2006, in the view of Patrick Furlong, Director of Broadcasting & Media Services for the Doha Asian Games Organising Committee (DAGOC), will raise the bar to new heights.

“It is going to get a broader coverage than any previous Asian Games; it is going to be more comprehensively covered from a host broadcast point of view than any other Asian Games and it is going to set new standards, simple as that,” Furlong insisted.

“I think it is going to benchmark the Asian Games and raise the bar and challenges for all coming Games” A bold statement, but it is easy to see why Furlong is so positive about these Games.

These will be the first Asian Games to be broadcast live in Europe, satellite channel Eurosport having come on board full of enthusiasm to showcase not only the traditional Olympic sports on the schedule, but also the traditional Asian ones too.

Sepaktakraw is one such sport that seems to have captured their imagination with Furlong putting this down to them “looking for the slightly quirky side of Asian sport, things that are not common in Europe.”

Whatever their reason, as Furlong admits, Eurosport’s involvement is “a real breakthrough for the Asian Games” and the channel will broadcast as many sessions live as they can, recording any that run concurrently to show at a later time.

It is not only the Eurosport coverage, however – described by Furlong as “a nice surprise” – that is a step forward for the 15th Asian Games, with SBS Australia showing a full coverage of the Opening Ceremony, news highlights and a weekly two hour highlights programme.


Covering 60 countries
this news service will actually be transmitted to every television station in the world
Games coverage will reach all 45 countries and regions that are represented in the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), with other bonuses being a rights-sale to both the United States and South America, the latter in Venezuela.

This amounts to live coverage in more than 60 countries, although there is also the production of a five-minute daily news service by Sports News Television (SNTV) which, by agreement with Reuters, will then be distributed via both their international networks.

In effect, therefore, this news service will actually be transmitted to every television station in the world and ultimately help the 15th Asian Games to reach a potential audience of around three billion people worldwide.

Realistically Furlong believes a high of 1.5bn will be a good target to aim for, with some of the largest audiences expected to come from China Central Television and DDI India, who both have base audiences of more than one billion.

Coverage is expected to peak for the athletics, swimming and gymnastics finals, although different sports will appeal more to certain countries, for example hockey in India, badminton in Indonesia and the marathon and race walking in Japan among other countries and regions.

Overall the busiest day, according to Furlong, is expected to be Tuesday 5 December, with around 35 feeds coming into the International Broadcast Centre. Twenty-five of these will be single sport feeds, with the likes of gymnastics having potentially six feeds.

But the emphasis is not purely on quantity but quality too, as Furlong explains, “The objective of the original broadcast plan I presented to DAGOC was to produce and present the Asian Games to a world audience with world class coverage.”

This has meant hiring a professional Host Broadcast company (DAGBS) which has provided crews who have covered world championships or Olympic Games in their specialist sport. Even if they are covering three sports, they will have in-depth knowledge of two besides their specialist sport.

What also stands the 15th Asian Games in good stead is the preparation and planning put in DAGOC and DAGBS, highlighted by the fact that the first World Broadcaster Meeting took place 15 months ago and provided comprehensive information that allowed Broadcast Rights Holders to prepare and plan properly for these Games.

Furlong was Head of Sport for the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) at the time of the Asian Games Bangkok 1998 and it was his experiences there which alerted him to the untapped potential of the Games from a broadcasting perspective and set him on the road to Doha.
Will?
Slumpsova is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
XINYUN-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 29,523
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison View Post
Guys,I got a good news just now.
CCTV5 will show Na vs Iroda on tape from tomorrow 2:10 local time(GMT+8)!!
You say 2.10 pm right ? (14.10) Time from Beijing

Thx for the info

Please "like" my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AGFfotografia

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
XINYUN-GOAT is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
pierce0415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 9,812
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

can anyone please record and upload Na v. Iroda
pierce0415 is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Team WTAworld
 
Modiac.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,235
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrygf View Post
You say 2.10 pm right ? (14.10) Time from Beijing

Thx for the info
No,I mean 18:10 GMT today.
About 2r 20mins left for now on.

         ┏┓    ┏┓ 
┏━┳━┳━━┳━┫┗┳━┳━┫┗┓
┃┣┫┃┃┃┃┃┻┫┃┃━┃┣┫ ┫
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
XINYUN-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 29,523
                     
Re: ¿¿¿ Asian Games TV Schedule: Tennis ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison View Post
No,I mean 18:10 GMT today.
About 2r 20mins left for now on.
Phew ! thank goodness I asked you

Thx chrison :yeah. Can't wait to see Na in action again

Please "like" my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AGFfotografia

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
XINYUN-GOAT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome