Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Thumbs up Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

I really think that who wins tomorrow is a BETTER player. And I think we should appreciate her. It`s a big final tomorrow and the best occasion to see who is a real champion. Who`s a champion of 2006..
If Justine wins, Momo fans will(should admit that Justine is better and give credit to her) write in this thread that Justine is better.
If Amelie wins, Justine fans will(should admit that Amelie is a better and give credit to her) write here that Amelie is better.

And whoever can write who is the better player......

Of course, both are great players, real champions...but tomorrow`s final will decide it all(at least the best player of 2006)

Agreed? Who`s in?

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,545
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Sorry I'm not in because mental toughness plays a HUGE role in finals. So you can't tell who has the best game tomorrow except if they're both at their best and we have the greatest match ever.

But, speaking of titles, yes Amelie would be the best in 2006 because she won 3 huge ones.
Ouranos is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

The real champion must be mentally tough...but it`s not all about mental toughness. Strokes, serve and so on..... I think the mental toughness is just a part of a jigsaw....
Quote:
Sorry I'm not in because mental toughness plays a HUGE role in finals.
You`re right. So who is mentally tougher tomorrow is a champion.
It`s the same as what Nasya said before RG04 final. And she was the mentally tougher out there.

If you mean that Justine is a better player but will lose tomorrow because Amelie is mentally tougher..... I think Justine should prove she is mentally tough too.
Well, we`ll see tomorrow

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
JustineTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,026
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

If Momo beats Justine YET AGAIN on the big stage this year, I for one will be forced to concede Justine as a legitimate #2.

However, barring THAT...

Well, you know.

JESUS

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. Ps. 36:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Ps. 14:1, 53:1

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Prov. 1:7

...Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. Job 28:28
JustineTime is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MinnyGophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,592
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

I disagree. We can say whoever wins was better THAT DAY, but you can't say ever that one is better than the other. Their h2h alone will tell you that they are both as good as players.

You can say that one is better than the other in certain abilites, such as one might be a better fighter and have better toughness of heart, the other is a better athlete with better potential. However, OVERALL, FACE TO FACE, they are equal. That's my opinion of course. One match will not decide who is the better player after they have been playing for so many years and have been pretty much even throughout.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: "Amélie, you know it doesn't really matter at this point. I mean, I'd love to, I mean, Amélie is No. 1 in the world. She's playing great tennis. You know, I love that challenge of going out there and competing against the best in the world."
You'd love to what, Maria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
This Amelie bashing gets more ludicrous by the day! What do you want her to do, crawl back to the chair???? For heavens sake who gives a toss how she gets back to the chair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Marie

Amelie FINALLY won two slams I mean let the woman RUN to her fucking chair.
MinnyGophers is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Okay, so the best player of 2006. I just think that tomorrow`s match is pretty big. Both have had an exceptional season...and it`s the tomorrow`s final that will make one of them.........simply better(...this year if you want)

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
moby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 14,440
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

If Amelie wins tomorrow, she deserves to be Player of the Year for bringing her best game when it mattered most and winning the big events.

However, even if Justine loses, she deserves to be the number one player, for being the most consistently excellent performer of the past 52 weeks. She has already sealed that too.

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met./All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet - One perfect rose.
I knew the language of the floweret;/'My fragile leaves,' it said, 'his heart enclose.'
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
MinnyGophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,592
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beny View Post
Okay, so the best player of 2006. I just think that tomorrow`s match is pretty big. Both have had an exceptional season...and it`s the tomorrow`s final that will make one of them.........simply better(...this year if you want)
Best player of the year of the two. THAT we can agree on.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: "Amélie, you know it doesn't really matter at this point. I mean, I'd love to, I mean, Amélie is No. 1 in the world. She's playing great tennis. You know, I love that challenge of going out there and competing against the best in the world."
You'd love to what, Maria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
This Amelie bashing gets more ludicrous by the day! What do you want her to do, crawl back to the chair???? For heavens sake who gives a toss how she gets back to the chair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Marie

Amelie FINALLY won two slams I mean let the woman RUN to her fucking chair.
MinnyGophers is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
smiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,739
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beny View Post
Well, we`ll see tomorrow
We already saw yesterday.

Seriously I'm not in on this because it is daft to decide who is the better player on the basis of one game out of a whole career. I'm fully aware that both are extremely talented tennis players, but win or loose I'm always on Amelie's side.

smiler is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 밴쿠버
Posts: 1,819
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

They've both had exceptional years, but I think that whoever wins tomorrow will have had the better year.
akosiirwyn is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,681
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Doesn't matter if Amelie wins again tomorrow (hopefully) - Justine finishes 2006 as No. 1 and fully deserves it, everything else is bullshit.

Shame about the injuries this year: we have a pretty good top 4 - Justine, Maria, Amelie and Kim
Wayn77 is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM
country flag PLP
Senior Member
 
PLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,028
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacobus View Post
I'm not going to involve myself in a discussion of who's better, but I will say this:

As a tennis fan I've loved the fact that Juju and Momo keep meeting like this because they both play the type of game I love to watch: all-court and aggressive, with one-handed (but different) backhands, great volleys, and great movement.

Of course as a Justine fan I'd prefer that she win every match, but regardless of who wins tomorrow I'll be happy to see great tennis. It's been a fantastic year for both: Justine finally managed to play all the slams and the YEC for the first time since 2003 and won another slam in the process; and Amelie finally won herself some slams as well, finally fulfilling her potential. Congrats to both.
I agree, and this should be another good match no matter who wins!

JuJu really brought out her best game today, she will have to do that again tomorrow and I think she will...there is no doubt that Justine is deserving of the #1 rank but it would be sweet for her if she could beat her #1 nemesis, this year anyway...Allez!!!
PLP is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Beny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,608
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLP View Post
I agree, and this should be another good match no matter who wins!

JuJu really brought out her best game today, she will have to do that again tomorrow and I think she will...there is no doubt that Justine is deserving of the #1 rank but it would be sweet for her if she could beat her #1 nemesis, this year anyway...Allez!!!
If I compare Justine`s and Amelie`s today`s performance I think Amelie was a little better. But every match is different..and it depends on the opponents as well...

Simona Halep
Juan Martin Del Potro

Beny is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Justine Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,554
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler View Post
We already saw yesterday.

Seriously I'm not in on this because it is daft to decide who is the better player on the basis of one game out of a whole career. I'm fully aware that both are extremely talented tennis players, but win or loose I'm always on Amelie's side.

Yes hmm and we all know why ! Ewwwwwwwwwwww .... not my cup of tea!
Justine Fan is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2006, 12:41 AM
SWOOP!
 
Mother_Marjorie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,444
                     
Re: Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

2006


Grand Slam Finals:
Momo: 2
Justine: 4

Finals:
Momo Finals: 7/17
JHH Finals: 8/13

Matches Won:
Momo: 48 in 16 tournaments
Justine: 56 in 12 tournaments

Titles:
Momo: 4
Justine: 5

Fed Cup Singles:
Momo: 1-1
Justine: 4-0

Grand Slam Wins:
Momo: 2
Justine: 1

Bagels Received:
Momo: 4
Justine: 0

Fed Cup Finals:
Momo: 0
Justine: 1

Yeah, I think we know who has had the better year. Justine Henin-Hardenne, be thy name.
Mother_Marjorie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome