My Confession. - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RenaSlam.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 25,038
                     
Post My Confession.

Ok, I thought Maria was a one-slam wonder up until she won her next USO, then I posted something similar to this post that congratulated her and showed people that I believed she was the real deal.

Shortly thereafter, because I was a jealous "Williams" fan, I started to hate, once again. This I admit, because for some reason I had doubts about her being "legit", etc.

However, after watching her after the Clijsters match she is here to stay. Her play today was SCARY good, her defense has improved, and most importantly she is SO mentally tough on the big points- incredible.

She is going to be very, very, hard to beat in the next few years if she continues to play and improve like this.

She is here to stay.

My negative comments will now cease as I realize Maria is at the top of the tennis world, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by RenaSlam.; Nov 9th, 2006 at 12:30 AM.
RenaSlam. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: miami
Posts: 130
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam588 View Post
Ok, I thought Maria was a one-slam wonder up until she won her next USO, then I posted something similar to this post that congratulated her and showed people that I believed she was the real deal.

Shortly thereafter, because I was a jealous "Williams" fan, I started to hate, once again. This I admit, because for some reason I had doubts about her being "legit", etc.

However, after watching her after the Clijsters match she is here to stay. Her play today was SCARY good, her defense has improved, and most importantly she is SO mentally tough on the big points- incredible.

She is going to be very, very, hard to beat in the next few years if she continues to play and improve like this.

She is here to stay.

My negative comments will now cease as I realize Maria is at the top of the tennis world, and there is nothing I can do about it.
If she continues to play that solid you think she can do what Serena didn't Win the whole 4 Gs in one year?
tennis-master83 is offline  
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM
#21
 
Brooklyn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,465
                     
Re: My Confession.

i still don't like her

Brooklyn90 is online now  
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Member
 
IceHock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cali
Posts: 9,616
                     
Re: My Confession.

I know what your saying but today she played an out of form Clijsters.
IceHock is offline  
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,896
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
If she continues to play that solid you think she can do what Serena didn't Win the whole 4 Gs in one year?
Even Serena couldn't do that.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: miami
Posts: 130
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King. View Post
Even Serena couldn't do that.
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!
tennis-master83 is offline  
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
IceHock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cali
Posts: 9,616
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!

Don't make me laugh, seriously.
IceHock is offline  
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Dessalines
 
Stamp Paid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 48,896
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!
Agreed.


█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline  
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: miami
Posts: 130
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnFan View Post
Don't make me laugh, seriously.
You think i'm bluffing?
tennis-master83 is offline  
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Marcus Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,134
                     
Re: My Confession.

I think she only cares about winning and doesn't care if she has to cheat or be unsportsgirllike to win so I wouldn't be surprised if she gets suspended for doping. Especially if she gets an injury and tries to recover really quick

Martina Hingis has won Roland Garros 2007!!!!!!!!!!
Marcus Jordan is offline  
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
#21
 
Brooklyn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,465
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!
ok sure

Brooklyn90 is online now  
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
和平.
 
new-york's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 17,025
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King. View Post
Agreed.
o_O



...

to new beginnings.
***
new-york is offline  
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Senior Member
 
IceHock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cali
Posts: 9,616
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
You think i'm bluffing?

Serena won roland garros when she was dominant, she beat the clay courters, Maria hasn't done that yet, she hasn't won the AO yet, and she has bad records against Henin and Mauresmo this year, now if you say this next year, I might change my mind.
IceHock is offline  
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Senior Member
 
No Name Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: nYc
Posts: 12,821
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-master83 View Post
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!
i think you WANT to believe that more than you actually do.

ROCK ON:
elena dementieva, serena williams, caroline wozniacki, ana ivanovic
david nalbandian, rafael nadal, andy murray, gael monfils, jo-wilfried tsonga
No Name Face is offline  
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: miami
Posts: 130
                     
Re: Here I Go Again...

[QUOTE=dAnFan;9449204]Serena won roland garros when she was dominant, she beat the clay courters, Maria hasn't done that yet, she hasn't won the AO yet, and she has bad records against Henin and Mauresmo this year, now if you say this next year, I might change my mind.[/QUOTE

Let's just wait until next year to see who has the right opinion. i'm not an expert but i'm telling you something. When i saw Maria for the first time in 2004 at Berlin Open she was playing against Capriati (you're Capriati's fan???)
she lost but she was so ambitious that day and in that day i realized she will be a great champion. She was on 36 place in rankings not in top 20.
tennis-master83 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome