Attention PIERCE fans: Mary Pierce's Patterns?
Does anybody else recognize this pattern.
* Mary Pierce is relaxed and has nothing to lose in tennis. She is smiling on the court, having a great time - hitting winners from everywhere, she has nothing to lose.
* Mary's relaxed play earns her deep into some tournaments, collecting a little bit of Tier 1 & Tier 2 hardware and her confidence builds.
* Mary comes into a Grand Slam tournament with guns firing. She is looking good for a run into Quarters, maybe even into the Semis or the Final. She ends it with a Runner-up Finish or maybe even a title.
* Mary comes in next year injured and unable to perform under the burden of her own expectations. The quality of her play slumps and her ranking slips and falls. Many months pass.
* Mary reassesses her life and thinks about what really matters. She talks to God and thinks about what it all means. She resolves that she is going to go out there and play relaxed and do what she loves - PLAY TENNIS.
* REPEAT *
Мари́я Ю́рьевна Шара́пова , Јелена Јанковић, Venus Williams.