Current (Year To Date) Money Prize List (WTA 2006 "millioners" only!):
1. MARIA $HARAPOVA (RUSA) $3,329,001
2. JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE (BEL) $3,204,810
3. AMELIE MAURESMO (FRA) $2,838,477
4. SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA (RUS) $1,848,304
5. NADIA PETROVA (RUS) $1,228,514
6. KIM CLIJSTERS (BEL) $1,122,992
7. ELENA DEMENTIEVA (RUS) $1,116,505
8. MARTINA HINGIS (SUI) $1,029,537
(all others - less than 1M$)
JHH and MoMo is currently better ranked players and have better succes this year at slams, but Ma$ha
always find way to reach more money than any other player - even in official (tournaments only) money prizes
Also, $he always reach about 1000% more money from her sponsors (other players about 100%
), so dont be surprised if she reach this year more than 30.000.000,oo U$D (New World Record for some female athlets!!!).
Congrats Ma$ha... you are already bigest moneymaker in tennis history (including ATP competition)! Deserve that or not, fact is that she with all that "publicity" back all that money to tennis (and her sponsors too) - so no reasons for protest or jelaousy (IMO).