1) Who´s number one?
- Amelie and Henin are dominating the tour.
- Amelie has two grand slam wins out of two grand slam finals.
- Henin has three grand slams finals this year, winning Roland Garros.
- Up until yesterday most people thought that Henin was definetly the best player this year so far, now this result completly turn things around. Amelie
- Williams era presence in Wimbledon finals ends with Venus´s third round loss to Jankovic and ranks outside the top 20 after Wimbledon. Insane ranking.
- Serena Williams last year´s Australian Open champion has played just 3 events in the last 365 days and is not even a top 100 ranked player.
- If Venus does not play enough events and improves her ranking, and Serena comes back the top player could be all in danger of getting Serena in the first round and then Venus in round three.. Insane way to destroy the draw
- Hingis despite losing to Sugiyama ranked 21 in the world remains number 5 in the race for the year and came back from retirement not only to beat Venus in Rome but also passed her in the rankings for the first time since 2001.
- Hingis worst loses of the year come in hands off world number 19 Penetta (January) and Sugiyama ranked 21 (July). Who would have thought that at this stage Hingis would be this consistent.
- Kim Clijsters continues to reach grand slam semifinals, but also contunues to lose to her nemesis in big matches Henin-Hardene.. Kim still believes she can win a grand slam???
- Mauresmo seems to be the nemesis for the big matches for Henin with a 4-1 edge so far against Henin in grand slam matches, Masters and Olympics overall. Who would have thought that after the Berlin match and the first set today she would figure out a way to win.
- Venus Williams plays her first mix doubles tournament in years, with Bob Brian and reachs the final and is an almost sure bet to win against Ram and Zvonareva.
Venus @ Wimbledon
- Sharapova continues in the same mood of Clijsters, but she keeps losing those SF grand slam matches. Her time will come. Still great consistency
What´s next the hard court season, i can´t really wait for it