Will American men upstage American women at Wimbledon? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
                     
Will American men upstage American women at Wimbledon?

Male and Female American players have simply dominated this tournament. For example, in these days when American tennis is in it's weakest position in decades, 75% of the finalest last year in singles were American. There has been a American in the final of Wimbledon(m or f) ,it seems like always. In recent years, there has been an American woman in the final since 1999. With 6 victories(really 7 consecutive, Maria ). However, with the aging, and nagging injuries of alltime greats, (Serena, Lindsay, Jennifer, Monica) only 1 American has a real shot(the favorite however). Anyway, may be the first year since the retirement of Sampras, that American men will outperform American women at the big W. With great draws, it looks like the U.S men can place 3 or 4 Quaterfinalist in Blake, Roddick, Agassi, Genepri(if he find his form). So is this the year the American regains the Wimbledon title? Oh and hello again!
OhHell2theNaw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Drake1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 48,542
                     
I would think probably about the same!

SERENA WILLIAMS
Drake1980 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Senior Member
 
hingisGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,916
                     
thank god aggassi is retiring. if i had to look at his short, stubby, bald, snot-rocket-blowing prima-donna self one more time i might have lost it. him and graf can create their devil children in solitude, as far away from the cameras as possible

besides, if espn now focuses on roddick & ginepri & blake, i'll put up with the boring tennis, 'cause that's some eye candy 'specially mr. ginepri.
hingisGOAT is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
                     
I agree James Blake and Andy Roddick, Robby Ginepri are so tasty!

OhHell2theNaw is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Senior Member
 
SAEKeithSerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 8,921
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookimgay
thank god aggassi is retiring. if i had to look at his short, stubby, bald, snot-rocket-blowing prima-donna self one more time i might have lost it. him and graf can create their devil children in solitude, as far away from the cameras as possible

besides, if espn now focuses on roddick & ginepri & blake, i'll put up with the boring tennis, 'cause that's some eye candy 'specially mr. ginepri.

you are one damn moron

Serena Williams.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:20 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Among The Greats
Posts: 39,689
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookimgay
thank god aggassi is retiring. if i had to look at his short, stubby, bald, snot-rocket-blowing prima-donna self one more time i might have lost it. him and graf can create their devil children in solitude, as far away from the cameras as possible

besides, if espn now focuses on roddick & ginepri & blake, i'll put up with the boring tennis, 'cause that's some eye candy 'specially mr. ginepri.
dude..... you're entitled to your own opinion, but that was possibly the rudest thing I've ever heard.

Career Grand Slam in your 20s? Been there done that. Career golden slam your 30s?
There's only 1.
Been around the world, copped all 4 thrice.

Serena.[21]
MrSerenaWilliams is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Member
 
hingisGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,916
                     
andre-fans geez you wouldve thought i praised sampras or federer or something

Last edited by hingisGOAT; Jun 27th, 2006 at 04:36 AM.
hingisGOAT is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Veelieve!!!
 
Infiniti2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 27,039
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrserenawilliams
dude..... you're entitled to your own opinion, but that was possibly the rudest thing I've ever heard.
He's addiding nails to his own coffin as he gets use to being back -- don't worry, it won't be long again before he shows his true color
Infiniti2001 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,278
                     
I think Venus will go further than any American male this year...
MH0861 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Senior Member
 
MH0861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,278
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookimgay
thank god aggassi is retiring. if i had to look at his short, stubby, bald, snot-rocket-blowing prima-donna self one more time i might have lost it. him and graf can create their devil children in solitude, as far away from the cameras as possible
What was the purpose of posting this?
MH0861 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Senior Member
 
hingisGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001
He's addiding nails to his own coffin as he gets use to being back -- don't worry, it won't be long again before he shows his true color
hingisGOAT is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Veelieve!!!
 
Infiniti2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 27,039
 
It's so much fun watching you slowly but surely hang yourself
Infiniti2001 is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,489
                     
Look people we are entitled to our opinoons. If you like Agassi GOOD FOR YOU. However, I am one person that never cared for that piece of trash. Agassi was definitely an "UGLY AMERICAN" in every sense of the word.I agree I never liked Agassi and I found the so called head to head with Sampras to not really be that big a deal. Sampras always beat Agassi when it mattered. Agassi was a snob, a Diva attitude, very unfriendly to other opponents and he basically bullied the ATP officials to get his way. Agassi was disgusting in his match with Paul Goldstein this year at Indian Wells. Agassi basically believes he owns the ATP tour and he doesn't.

He was a good player nothing more and nothing less.
Morrissey is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hingisGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Look people we are entitled to our opinoons. If you like Agassi GOOD FOR YOU. However, I am one person that never cared for that piece of trash. Agassi was definitely an "UGLY AMERICAN" in every sense of the word.I agree I never liked Agassi and I found the so called head to head with Sampras to not really be that big a deal. Sampras always beat Agassi when it mattered. Agassi was a snob, a Diva attitude, very unfriendly to other opponents and he basically bullied the ATP officials to get his way. Agassi was disgusting in his match with Paul Goldstein this year at Indian Wells. Agassi basically believes he owns the ATP tour and he doesn't.

He was a good player nothing more and nothing less.
exactly

god forbid one person doesn't have their lips planted on his ass, it's as if the entire USTA gasps in shock and horror

blasphemous foreigners! ANDRE IS GOD! USA! USA! USA!
hingisGOAT is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
                     
The purpose of this thread was to debate if American men will upstage American women at Wimbledon for the first time since 2000, not who likes and doesn't like Agassi. On that topic, you better get used to it, because the next to 4 months of tennis are going to be all about Agassi's retirement.
OhHell2theNaw is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome