Wimbledon might have to play matches on 2nd Sunday - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bijoux0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,998
                     
Wimbledon might have to play matches on 2nd Sunday

They are already a full day of play behind, so they might not have a choice but to have matches on second Sunday. They need to gorget that stupid tradition so that the Singles' players who are playing Doubles and Mixed-doubles don't withdraw.
Bijoux0021 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Senior Member
 
xin_hui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 16,569
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux0021
They are already a full day of play behind, so they might not have a choice but to have matches on second Sunday. They need to gorget that stupid tradition so that the Singles' players who are playing Doubles and Mixed-doubles don't withdraw.
1st sunday 2nd sunday would already be the mens final
xin_hui is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 35,495
                     
I hope they play matches on the first Sunday. A different class of tennis fans show up who appear to actually give a shit and are really vocal during the matches (unlike the usual situation where they're only vocal if Henman, Rusedski, ir Murray are playing).

Remember the Rafter/Ivanisevic final that was played the day after the tournament was supposed to end? That was one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen a tennis match be played in.
RiskeFan1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Good Luck Caro in 2017!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 159,428
                     
More likely to play 1st Sunday they play top half 1rd Wednesday and r2 Thursday

It all depends on how much rain delays tomorrow...

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
gmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,609
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1
I hope they play matches on the first Sunday. A different class of tennis fans show up who appear to actually give a shit and are really vocal during the matches (unlike the usual situation where they're only vocal if Henman, Rusedski, ir Murray are playing).

Remember the Rafter/Ivanisevic final that was played the day after the tournament was supposed to end? That was one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen a tennis match be played in.
yeah... the atmosphere in that match was great along with Goran's antics of course

but i was so happy for him

Sharapova
Azarenka Kerber
Pavlyuchenkova Sakkari Muguruza Goerges Wickmayer Halep Osaka Kleybanova Kuznetsova Shvedova Kasatkina Bencic Kanepi Svitolina Cirstea Tsurenko Vekic
Dementieva Clijsters Petrova
gmak is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bijoux0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,998
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurl_tennis
1st sunday 2nd sunday would already be the mens final
Right, I meant first Sunday. Sorry.
Bijoux0021 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome