Wimbledon: New Roof, etc... - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sfselesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 5,916
                     
Wimbledon: New Roof, etc...

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about...gtermplan.html

Check out the long term plans for the venue.

I'm not going back to the tournament until the roof is installed.

SF
sfselesfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,008
                     
they are so primitive

I have my bad opinion on Israelis... but british people are so into their stupid traditions...
I can't stand it
shirgan is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
well its not like it only rains in the UK ,had delays in Paris and NYS regularly ,in USO they have to use towels to mop the courts cos they dont have the equipment to dry them..

Wimbledon is bout Traditions ,its been running for well over 100 years and NEVER not finished ,so quit whining ,dont watch it if it bothers you so..

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
marmite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,467
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator
well its not like it only rains in the UK ,had delays in Paris and NYS regularly ,in USO they have to use towels to mop the courts cos they dont have the equipment to dry them..

Wimbledon is bout Traditions ,its been running for well over 100 years and NEVER not finished ,so quit whining ,dont watch it if it bothers you so..
Good post.

Thought u were going to the bank?

Amelie Mauresmo - Aus Open and Wimbledon Champion 06
marmite1 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
louisa2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cheshire
Posts: 1,055
                     
yeh just runs over for a few days sometimes

what bothers me the most is it takes years for them to make a decision

Martina Hingis, Ana Ivanovic, Nadia Petrova, Nicole Vaidisova, Patty Schnyder

МАРТИНА ХИНГИС
louisa2k2 is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite1
Good post.

Thought u were going to the bank?
been there done that! back now!

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,008
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator
well its not like it only rains in the UK ,had delays in Paris and NYS regularly ,in USO they have to use towels to mop the courts cos they dont have the equipment to dry them..

Wimbledon is bout Traditions ,its been running for well over 100 years and NEVER not finished ,so quit whining ,dont watch it if it bothers you so..
bad traditions should be changed
not everything that is a tradion should be savered.

there was a tradition that women were not allowed to vote even in so called "democracies" up until 30 year ago in europe. There's a tradition of thousands of years of arranged marriages.
should all these things be kept up just because they are "tradition"?
shirgan is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Maryamator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: <3
Posts: 14,390
                     
i didnt bother to read is the roof ready or wat..?
Maryamator is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
WTF are u on about? we are tlaking about tennis.. they are putting a roof on the bleeding place what more do you want? ,we dont live in the desert here ,it rains ,fuck all can be done about that....

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,008
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maryamator
i didnt bother to read is the roof ready or wat..?
will be completed in 2009
slower than a turtle
shirgan is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,008
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator
WTF are u on about? we are tlaking about tennis.. they are putting a roof on the bleeding place what more do you want? ,we dont live in the desert here ,it rains ,fuck all can be done about that....
even more reasonable then, that you would have a roof already...
shirgan is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Senior Member
 
marmite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,467
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan
bad traditions should be changed
not everything that is a tradion should be savered.

there was a tradition that women were not allowed to vote even in so called "democracies" up until 30 year ago in europe. There's a tradition of thousands of years of arranged marriages.
should all these things be kept up just because they are "tradition"?
This tradition hasn't caused any problems before. Why change it now? Its not got anything to do with discrimination or sexism. It's just a tennis tournament. If they don't want a roof, then why should they have one. Just as other tournies don't have them. I never heard ppl whining then.

Amelie Mauresmo - Aus Open and Wimbledon Champion 06
marmite1 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,008
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite1
This tradition hasn't caused any problems before. Why change it now? Its not got anything to do with discrimination or sexism. It's just a tennis tournament. If they don't want a roof, then why should they have one. Just as other tournies don't have them. I never heard ppl whining then.
it causes a problem every year!!
shirgan is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Captain of the SS Dementieva
 
Dementinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bridge SS Dementieva
Posts: 15,125
                     
only to you it seems ,the rest of us seem to manage..

Captain of the all new SS Dementieva


Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
marmite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,467
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan
it causes a problem every year!!
Mmmm they have rain delays like most every other tournie. They still manage to finish the tournie within the set time how would that be possible if it were such a huge problem?

Amelie Mauresmo - Aus Open and Wimbledon Champion 06
marmite1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome