1. Ugh Venus and Maria are in the same half again. They should really just be seeded 1 and 2 IMHO, but whatever.
2. Amelie vs. Venus is just cruel. Amelie and Justine are the two potential spoilers this year, and the draw gods couldn't even have the courtesy of putting them both on one half.
3. Why is one section of the draw invariably stronger than the other every year?
4. Martina Hingis got a gift. It would shock me if she didn't make the quarters, and she has a legitimate shot of beating Justine on grass.
5. Nicole Vaidisova has a legitimate shot at making another semi-final. It will be interesting to see how she lives up to the hype and to see if she can keep up her form, but I think she should beat Sveta and Kim on grass, based on what I saw at Roland Garros (where she should have beaten Sveta anyway.)
6. Maria got screwed with her draw. Yes this sounds odd because her draw is like...perfect right? Well, she's not going to have any tough matches, and does not get an opportunity to level her H2H with Sveta, which I would have liked. Also, if she does make a semi against Venus, she will lose almost certainly IMHO because of that lack of competition.
7. I am really excited!