What a crappy FO draw without Lindsay, Jennifer, Mary and Serena... - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GermanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mr. Vain! :-)
Posts: 9,292
                     
What a crappy FO draw without Lindsay, Jennifer, Mary and Serena...

... and who said Nadja Petrova would benefit from being seeded No. 3? She will have to face Henin-Hardenne in the 1/4 finals as I expected. She might not have had that situation if being seeded No. 5 with Sharapova and Henin-Hardenne above her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding


Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
smiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,739
                     
Boo hoo

smiler is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Randriantastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
... and who said Nadja Petrova would benefit from being seeded No. 3? She will have to face Henin-Hardenne in the 1/4 finals as I expected. She might not have had that situation if being seeded No. 5 with Sharapova and Henin-Hardenne above her...
Maybe you haven't had a probability lesson in a while, but Nadia's chances of drawing Justine would have been exactly the same in your situation.

Why don't you go hide yourself under a rock for the next fortnight and relive some of those delightful Cappers-Mahree-Linds-Ree Ree moments. (Actually, it might be for a substantially longer time, given that two of that quartet might not be back for a looooong while. )

subject of Dally Randriantefy, the Madagascan Empress

Justine Henin
\ Martina Hingis
WTAworld Suicide Tennis: 2007 Bangkok Champion 2006 Wimbledon finalist, Cincinnati semi-finalist, Budapest semi-finalist (MH0861 = #1 tournament director)
Randriantastic! is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GermanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mr. Vain! :-)
Posts: 9,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randriantastic!
Maybe you haven't had a probability lesson in a while, but Nadia's chances of drawing Justine would have been exactly the same in your situation.

Why don't you go hide yourself under a rock for the next fortnight and relive some of those delightful Cappers-Mahree-Linds-Ree Ree moments. (Actually, it might be for a substantially longer time, given that two of that quartet might not be back for a looooong while. )
You might be right with the first statement. Somehow I have the strong feeling it might not have happened then.

BTW, why is it that no one can mention his opinion on this board without facing extremely much criticism? You can keep your your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding


Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Randriantastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
You might be right with the first statement. Somehow I have the strong feeling it might not have happened then.

BTW, why is it that no one can mention his opinion on this board without facing extremely much criticism? You can keep your your sarcastic comments to yourself.
Well, believe what you want to believe. I'll remember to look for you if I need psychic insight.

So it's fine for you to air your pessimistic comments, but not for me to air my sarcastic ones? I don't quite see the logic there. Most of us here are actually (shock horror) excited about the upcoming tennis, so people who post topics bemoan the fact that it's no longer 2002 might understandably not get the most favourable of responses.

subject of Dally Randriantefy, the Madagascan Empress

Justine Henin
\ Martina Hingis
WTAworld Suicide Tennis: 2007 Bangkok Champion 2006 Wimbledon finalist, Cincinnati semi-finalist, Budapest semi-finalist (MH0861 = #1 tournament director)
Randriantastic! is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,957
                     
Sorry, why are the French Open Crappy? None of them would have been a real contender, so it's not that bad taht they are missing

It's great field, with great match ups to come
mr_burns is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MistyGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,296
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Snow
You're just agreeing because Pierce's name is in there! Anyways German boy, I was agreeing with you until you got up to Pierce's name! Of all the other players, she is by far the wosrt and has had the worst career. She isn't missed. She is conniving and vindictive!
How stupid! This is the French Open we are talking about and Mary is much more popular than the other three in France. She has also had more success at this event. She has more final appearances than the other 3 combined!
MistyGrey is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,142
                     
congras, peer
good luck in RG
mila_mail is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GermanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mr. Vain! :-)
Posts: 9,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randriantastic!
Well, believe what you want to believe. I'll remember to look for you if I need psychic insight.

So it's fine for you to air your pessimistic comments, but not for me to air my sarcastic ones? I don't quite see the logic there. Most of us here are actually (shock horror) excited about the upcoming tennis, so people who post topics bemoan the fact that it's no longer 2002 might understandably not get the most favourable of responses.
Why is my point of view pessimistic? It is just what I think. BTW, I am not a fan of Serena but we have to admit she always entertaining. If all my favorites (Lindsay, Jennifer and Mary) can't be in Paris I think I have every right to be disappointed.

Maybe all of them would have never won the FO this year but they would have tried their best and that would have made it interesting.

I have my fingers crossed for Nadja Petrova to win her first Grand Slam title and of course for Venus although I am not a fan of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding


Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Martian KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Upside down
Posts: 21,060
                     
I would be surprised if the final wasn't Federer/Nadal.

Good Luck In 2005:
[Martina Hingis] [Justine Henin-Hardenne]
[Cara Black] [Nadia Petrova] [Eugenia Linetskaya] [Patty Schnyder]
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
 
LoveFifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 8,457
                     
None of those women would have been real contenders anyway ...
LoveFifteen is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GermanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mr. Vain! :-)
Posts: 9,292
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Snow
You're just agreeing because Pierce's name is in there! Anyways German boy, I was agreeing with you until you got up to Pierce's name! Of all the other players, she is by far the wosrt and has had the worst career. She isn't missed. She is conniving and vindictive!
What is wrong with Mary? She is true champion. A personality like the other three. If you compare people someone has always to be "the weakest". All four of them are missed because they are big names. Today there are only Russians out there of whom you think they are mass produced in Russia. All the same grumpy facial expression. I only like Petrova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding


Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
 
bis2806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 7,119
                     
When I saw the draw, I just thought something was missing.... the American girls...
bis2806 is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Eldoth Kron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 186
                     
i love this draw,its too good for petrova and henin

only shallow people don't judge by appearance
Eldoth Kron is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
FrenchY52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,839
                     
It's a good RG draw . Lindz, Serena and Jennifer would have no chance to win ..

T. Golovin
FrenchY52 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome