The Pete Bodo, Mary Carillo and John Wertheim appreciation thread - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 254
 
Thumbs up The Pete Bodo, Mary Carillo and John Wertheim appreciation thread

Enough of senseless bashing !!

No need to reply with your usual negative, baseless and full of personal bias diatribe, these individuals are bright, interesting and more successful at what they do than you will/would ever be … this is a thread for those who appreciate and are enlightened by their work, and for those who don’t, you should read/listen to it, learn from it, because they are usually right and you are wrong, and move on… thank you!
Jennifer North is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:20 PM
double-dog daredevil
 
griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: self-imposed exile
Posts: 12,049
                     
If nothing else, they give us something to talk about

Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
--Robert Heinlein
griffin is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Mary Carillo sucks a fat one and should have her irksome baritone run out of tennis.

I like Bodo and to a lesser extent Wertheim though.
vogus is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Dawn Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North by Northwest
Posts: 15,250
                     
Jennifer North you have no idea about the posters who are in here. You're bashing posters and saying that we will never be successful as the three DUMBFUCKS that you mentioned.


I am grateful for these 3 because they actually make me laugh. :-)

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisoned
Only after the last fish has been caught
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Justine Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,554
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer North
Enough of senseless bashing !!

No need to reply with your usual negative, baseless and full of personal bias diatribe, these individuals are bright, interesting and more successful at what they do than you will/would ever be … this is a thread for those who appreciate and are enlightened by their work, and for those who don’t, you should read/listen to it, learn from it, because they are usually right and you are wrong, and move on… thank you!
Oh look ... the depressive is back

"No need to reply with your usual negative ....."

Ah, so you've been reading through your old posts then
Justine Fan is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
where's Julia anyway? I miss her. Julia was a lot more clever than this troll.
vogus is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Marie
Jennifer North you have no idea about the posters who are in here. You're bashing posters and saying that we will never be successful as the three DUMBFUCKS that you mentioned.


I am grateful for these 3 because they actually make me laugh. :-)
did Dawn, I did say "successful in their field (of work)"... it is possible that within WTAworld ranks there might be a future bright sports writer, but still highly unlikely...
Jennifer North is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus
where's Julia anyway? I miss her. Julia was a lot more clever than this troll.
now I am really depressed... vogus, that beacon of well reasoning and justice, just called a troll
Jennifer North is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
 
ZeroSOFInfinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,481
                     
John....

Mary...

BOZO... ER, I MEAN BODOH... :retard:

Your sig picture exceeds the 200 pixel height limit.

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer North
now I am really depressed... vogus, that beacon of well reasoning and justice, just called a troll

didn't you start a thread recently contending Navratilova is still a Top 100 caliber singles player? That's trolling in my book.
vogus is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Serena's #1 Hater
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 19,717
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer North
Enough of senseless bashing !!

No need to reply with your usual negative, baseless and full of personal bias diatribe, these individuals are bright, interesting and more successful at what they do than you will/would ever be … this is a thread for those who appreciate and are enlightened by their work, and for those who don’t, you should read/listen to it, learn from it, because they are usually right and you are wrong, and move on… thank you!
Since when did you become a moderator? I will reply to any thread as I see fit, and there's nothing you can do about it. One more thing: you telling people "enough of senseless bashing" is like Stevie Wonder running a driving school.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 19,303
                     
I think all three of them are fine, but I can't stand that guy from the Simpsons who I guess is now some self-proclaimed tennis expert and is obsessed with Serena, and not in a good way.

Whitney Houston and her receipts:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...17447&page=324
Helen Lawson is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Motown USA
Posts: 968
 
Ok, Mary and John may be successful, but PETE BOZO THE CLOWN give me a break!!!!

Mary is a TV commentator

John writes for SI

Bozo sits at home in his pajamas writing his Blog

It's Sharapova's destiny to win the Australian Open........in 2008.
tennisluver99 is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,898
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00
Since when did you become a moderator? I will reply to any thread as I see fit, and there's nothing you can do about it. One more thing: you telling people "enough of senseless bashing" is like Stevie Wonder running a driving school.

i wish those days, wooooouuld, come back once mo'!
vogus is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Dawn Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North by Northwest
Posts: 15,250
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer North
did Dawn, I did say "successful in their field (of work)"... it is possible that within WTAworld ranks there might be a future bright sports writer, but still highly unlikely...
Yeah at WHAT THEY DO. I am also sure many people in here are even more SUCCESFUL AT WHAT THEY DO also.


Read how you write. I realize from your silly reponse here that when you wrote of success your were refering to only a MINUTE aspect of the entire mindset of success.

P.S. Your giving good quality writers a bad name. imho. A poster in here can be a doctor who saves lives. Like that doctor or father or mother or whoever can't write about these three dumbfucks because you think they are successful at what they do.

Alot of people are put in positions not because of their good work but because of who they are and who they know.

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisoned
Only after the last fish has been caught
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome