My tribute to the WTA - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 36
                     
My tribute to the WTA

U know while i was growing up i remember my grandmother watching tennis, and i couldn't wait until it was over. I thought how freaking boring. Even in middle school i joined tennis just to get out of P.E. At the time i thought how boring. These people are nerds. Then one day i was flipping through the channels and saw some blk woman with blond hair playing tennis(serena). I was like wow she is so into the game. I then was hooked on tennis. I became a die hard williams sis fan. I was only fans of them. Then i started to watch all the woman more closely. They are all great i love them so much. So long story short lol here is my tribute to the elite players in my eyes and the other great ones.

The determination in her eyes can send a ball crosscourt for a winner, The beautiful, The great Maria sharapova. One of the quickest in her era. You better come to play your best. she is small yet deadly, The great Justine henin-hardenne. Impossible no she didn't just do that. "no way" impossible for everyone else just another day for her. She gets to the ball in a split of a second, The great Kim clijsters. Leadership, power The queen of the wta, The great lindsey davenport. The calm before the storm. With a flip of the ponytail, blow of the fingers,and a light smile. Don't worry patience the wicked forhand winner is coming don't blink, The great Mary pierce. The second in command of the wta. Her mere presence on the court demands respect, The great Venus williams. One would say the greatest of her time. the fighter in her will never let her give up. Even when shes down her confidence will never leave her side, The great Serena williams. The day will come for her to be the best. You never know which shot will come next. Her variety of play will have u on your toes, The great Amelia mauresmo. The fire, the strength that comes with her game. The fallen shall always rise, The great Jennifer capriati. Like playing a game of chess. Her game plan comes second to none, the great Martina hingis. Now we come to the so called 1 hit wonders. The ones u mistakenly think don't have a chance against the elite players. That one winning shot, that one great game, the best feeling when they prove everyone wrong, The great Underdogs. The intensity of the game the butterflies in your stomach as you watch your fav play. The yelling at the t.v when your fav loses. The drama that comes with being the greatest, The unstoppable, the powerful, the beautiful, the great WTA.
joey1045 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 170
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1045
U know while i was growing up i remember my grandmother watching tennis, and i couldn't wait until it was over. I thought how freaking boring. Even in middle school i joined tennis just to get out of P.E. At the time i thought how boring. These people are nerds. Then one day i was flipping through the channels and saw some blk woman with blond hair playing tennis(serena). I was like wow she is so into the game. I then was hooked on tennis. I became a die hard williams sis fan. I was only fans of them. Then i started to watch all the woman more closely. They are all great i love them so much. So long story short lol here is my tribute to the elite players in my eyes and the other great ones.

The determination in her eyes can send a ball crosscourt for a winner, The beautiful, The great Maria sharapova. One of the quickest in her era. You better come to play your best. she is small yet deadly, The great Justine henin-hardenne. Impossible no she didn't just do that. "no way" impossible for everyone else just another day for her. She gets to the ball in a split of a second, The great Kim clijsters. Leadership, power The queen of the wta, The great lindsey davenport. The calm before the storm. With a flip of the ponytail, blow of the fingers,and a light smile. Don't worry patience the wicked forhand winner is coming don't blink, The great Mary pierce. The second in command of the wta. Her mere presence on the court demands respect, The great Venus williams. One would say the greatest of her time. the fighter in her will never let her give up. Even when shes down her confidence will never leave her side, The great Serena williams. The day will come for her to be the best. You never know which shot will come next. Her variety of play will have u on your toes, The great Amelia mauresmo. The fire, the strength that comes with her game. The fallen shall always rise, The great Jennifer capriati. Like playing a game of chess. Her game plan comes second to none, the great Martina hingis. Now we come to the so called 1 hit wonders. The ones u mistakenly think don't have a chance against the elite players. That one winning shot, that one great game, the best feeling when they prove everyone wrong, The great Underdogs. The intensity of the game the butterflies in your stomach as you watch your fav play. The yelling at the t.v when your fav loses. The drama that comes with being the greatest, The unstoppable, the powerful, the beautiful, the great WTA.

So you never watched Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Seles?
When they played women's tennis was great.

Supermonica is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 36
                     
No, i really wish i could have watched them play. I always hear how great they are. maybe i should go talk to my grandmother and c if she has any old videos lol
joey1045 is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 170
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1045
No, i really wish i could have watched them play. I always hear how great they are. maybe i should go talk to my grandmother and c if she has any old videos lol

You won't believe it - you can view Seles and Graf on DVD.
In case they didn't allow you to watch them in kindergarden ....
Supermonica is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 36
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermonica
You won't believe it - you can view Seles and Graf on DVD.
In case they didn't allow you to watch them in kindergarden ....
Do u know were i can buy matches on dvd? i would really appreciate it.
joey1045 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome